GA Kyber League: Not for division 1 & 2

2Next

Replies

• Yeah, it really sucks that the scoring system is set in stone until the end of time. Too bad that isn't an exhibition run through of the GAC or something for CG to get some feedback and tweak things. Oh, wait.......
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    First, literally every other area of the game benefits long term players so I won't shed a tear if fewer d1 players got kyber.
    Second, I'm d4 Kyber. Perhaps d1 would have more kyber if they had better players.

Lol, you think this has anything to do with being a better player? GAC is a joke, not even worth the time. The only thing it serves for is a chance to waste some time in between farming things.

You mean to tell me that people who complete Feats like the "high roller" and "fleet pilot" have anything to do with skill.. spend 1,000,000 credits, and win 8 fleet arena battles just exactly how is that indicative of an elite player?

3re5w97f88ob.png
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    First, literally every other area of the game benefits long term players so I won't shed a tear if fewer d1 players got kyber.
    Second, I'm d4 Kyber. Perhaps d1 would have more kyber if they had better players.

Lol, you think this has anything to do with being a better player? GAC is a joke, not even worth the time. The only thing it serves for is a chance to waste some time in between farming things.

You mean to tell me that people who complete Feats like the "high roller" and "fleet pilot" have anything to do with skill.. spend 1,000,000 credits, and win 8 fleet arena battles just exactly how is that indicative of an elite player?

3re5w97f88ob.png

Some feats require some skill. Some are just there to give you incentive to keep playing if you have had a string of losses. They are fine.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I m in division 1 and just reached aurodium with losing 80% of rounds

You are going to get the same Season rewards as me and I’ve lost 3 matches. Makes sense...

How many more zetas have you gotten, though?

So what’s the point of GAC for the vast majority of people? Why not just have single round GAs like we’ve had before if they aren’t going to differentiate between winning and losing for 85% of the active players that fall in the same reward tier (yes, that’s a made up stat).

Cuz it's fun? Lol idk if there's much more reason than that. And keep in mind the rewards and other things may change after exhibition.

Personally I just play and don't take it too serioisly.

But are the standings and reward tiers making it more fun for you? Or do you just like GA matches in general? Because GA is no doubt my favorite part of this game. But it’s frustrating when they add in a leaderboard but it’s 1) Not very representative of how well people played and 2) Not very rewarding for anyone outside of the “tip of the spear”.

I’d personally rather just scrap the leaderboard and keep the original GA + token rewards for completing feats.

No, the leaderboard isn't very meaningful to me. Is there a difference between being ranked 10k or 20k? Not really. The easy solution is just don't look at it.
  • Well let's do some math.
    This is only div 3 vs div 1 and 2.

Div 1 and 2 put 8 on def. That means over 4 GAs they can get maximum of 4928 points from Offence and Defence alone.
    4 GAs x 8 teams x 90 points = 2880 (Defence)
    4 GAs x 8 teams x 64 points = 2048 (Offence)
    = 4928 total

Div 3 puts 6 on defense. So over 4 GAs that's a maximum of 3696 points from Offence and Defence alone.
    4 GAs x 6 teams x 90 points = 2160 (Defence)
    4 GAs x 6 teams x 64 points = 1536 (Offence)
    = 3696 total

Score from winning is equal, score from conquering a territory is equal and let's assume score from feats are equal. That means that the max score for div 3 is only 1232 points lower than for div 1 and 2. The amount of points need to advance to kyber for div 3 is 28500 and for div 1 and 2 its 35500. So even though they only are down 1232 from sqaud count they only need 7000 less points to get to kyber. And there is no way that div 1 and div 2 only feats (which I don't think is a thing that's why I assumed score from feats is equal) make up the extra 5k it takes to get to kyber.
  • TydusKlife wrote: »
    Well let's do some math.
    This is only div 3 vs div 1 and 2.

Div 1 and 2 put 8 on def. That means over 4 GAs they can get maximum of 4928 points from Offence and Defence alone.
    4 GAs x 8 teams x 90 points = 2880 (Defence)
    4 GAs x 8 teams x 64 points = 2048 (Offence)
    = 4928 total

Div 3 puts 6 on defense. So over 4 GAs that's a maximum of 3696 points from Offence and Defence alone.
    4 GAs x 6 teams x 90 points = 2160 (Defence)
    4 GAs x 6 teams x 64 points = 1536 (Offence)
    = 3696 total

Score from winning is equal, score from conquering a territory is equal and let's assume score from feats are equal. That means that the max score for div 3 is only 1232 points lower than for div 1 and 2. The amount of points need to advance to kyber for div 3 is 28500 and for div 1 and 2 its 35500. So even though they only are down 1232 from sqaud count they only need 7000 less points to get to kyber. And there is no way that div 1 and div 2 only feats (which I don't think is a thing that's why I assumed score from feats is equal) make up the extra 5k it takes to get to kyber.

Plus some div 3 players get to set 8 defenses getting to score div 1 and 2 numbers so some division 3 players can score div 1 and 2 level points meaning they can miss thousands of points and still make kyber... unless the difference in gp is too little/much then both players get 6 combats instead of 8. (Yes the deciding factor for battle amounts 6 vs 8 is difference in gp between players check the dev post). If battles is set to only 6 the division 1 or 2 opponent will only be able to score like a division 3 player thus having no chance at making kyber in div 1 or 2...

It's sad that devs could not see this before the exhibition... I posted about it day 1 of the first cancelled exhibition. Kind of obvious different max scores is a bad approach to a tournament or championship whatever this is
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yeah, it really sucks that the scoring system is set in stone until the end of time. Too bad that isn't an exhibition run through of the GAC or something for CG to get some feedback and tweak things. Oh, wait.......

What you (and CG) are calling a 5 week exhibition...complete with bugs, questionable match making and poor rewards is really just "hundreds of thousands of free beta testers poorly compensated."

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’m in division 3 and because of the new added feats and my last opponent setting a weak D, I can make Kyber and have lost 4 matches hahaha!!!

Mind posting a screen of that?
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    I’m in division 3 and because of the new added feats and my last opponent setting a weak D, I can make Kyber and have lost 4 matches hahaha!!!

same for me in Div 4 ;-)

lost 4, and funnily lost one on purpose to avoid G13 Malak in final round so i could clear the board of a weaker opponent for fight 2-4, and this plan worked to reach Kyber
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Some feats require some skill. Some are just there to give you incentive to keep playing if you have had a string of losses. They are fine.

So I would totally be on board and agree with they are fine, except, CG positioned this as a Championsip to show the best of the best. I don't think that irrelevant feats to make you feel better about your losses counts in being a champion, for example:

You don't think the ability to lose but instead pad it with random "accomplishments" undermines that?

• Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh no, I think it’s quite dumb, was trying to show that

Thanks bud, I was picking up what you were putting down. Was more of a question directed to VonZant as he stated that he felt its fine.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

So I would totally be on board and agree with they are fine, except, CG positioned this as a Championsip to show the best of the best. I don't think that irrelevant feats to make you feel better about your losses counts in being a champion, for example:

You don't think the ability to lose but instead pad it with random "accomplishments" undermines that?

@Fhoenix

Yes it is a Championship. Yes some of the feats are "gimme" types. But what happens to people in set 2 and 3 that have a lot of losses and dont have a chance to make K or A leagues? Most of them would quit. Its just how people are. With feats, it keeps even people with losses interested with a reason to fight. There will still be a lot of quitters anyway - but less so with feats.

Mind you, I don't think the Devs have given this reason themselves. I'm just guessing. But I think its a good guess.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

@Fhoenix

Yes it is a Championship. Yes some of the feats are "gimme" types. But what happens to people in set 2 and 3 that have a lot of losses and dont have a chance to make K or A leagues? Most of them would quit. Its just how people are. With feats, it keeps even people with losses interested with a reason to fight. There will still be a lot of quitters anyway - but less so with feats.

Mind you, I don't think the Devs have given this reason themselves. I'm just guessing. But I think its a good guess.

Seems to me like anyone disinterested in GA would be even less interested in feats. I honestly feel they are just a way to manipulate us to play a certain way.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Tbh in Div 5 we have more than 2k people at kyber...
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »

I'm thinking at lower divisions kyber is used to get ppl excited, get rewards for building early on, and keep them in the game.

At higer divisions, it becomes more competitive to make it more interesting. Kyber becomes much more prestigious at the end.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »

I'm thinking at lower divisions kyber is used to get ppl excited, get rewards for building early on, and keep them in the game.

At higer divisions, it becomes more competitive to make it more interesting. Kyber becomes much more prestigious at the end.

That's why you see all these 4,6 mil players on top.
    Great competition

I'm trying to explain the possible reasoning. Not saying it's working lol
  • As a Div 1 player (5000 points short of Khyber), I’d rather we just go back to ordinary GA once every 2 weeks, get token rewards and any extra tokens from feats for that week and be done with it. Getting matched up vs super strong players in Team Instinct and Might Wallets who will ROFLStomp you no matter what you do in the 1st week of a GAC kinda takes the motivation/possibility to go for Khyber away.

One idea would be (just throwing the idea out there, don’t go nuts here) is to have ordinary GA every 2 weeks that involves everyone, that we get the related Zetas and token rewards from, and at the same time, an optional GAC you have to manually sign up for that lasts for a month, for people who care about things like being #1 in the world or being able to beat the crap out of anyone they face.

The GACs would have much fewer rewards (I’d even go so far as to say no significant rewards) in comparison to normal GA and be strictly for bragging rights. Remove Feats that have nothing to do with GA from it entirely, make it purely for points that can contribute to your rank at the end of the GAC, like getting wins with specific teams, characters, etc.

The current GAC is like forcing everyone in the world who loves baseball to drop their jobs and forcibly playing in and invest their time in Major League Baseball (where most of us have no business playing in), except you won’t even make minimum wage if you go through the month getting trounced. You can like something but I think there are levels we ought to be able to choose from to participate in. I need to think of a better analogy but I’ll leave it at that.

Oh and please go back to a model where each week, the #1 player gets 3 Zetas, #2-4 get 2 Zetas, #5-7 get 1 Zeta and #8 at least gets 2-3 Omegas. Anyone else agree?

My 2 cents.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

@CCyrilS I would typically agree except feats offer one additional thing: currency for the store where you can buy Kyros and injectors.

Like we both said - there will be lots of quitters anyway, but I think a few more will stay for the GAC currency. I know Ive bought a full Kyro with the earnings and I have skipped a lot of them.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Im in div 2, I lost 2 matches.There was one territory that I couldnt clear and several fights I won only on 2nd or 3rd try. I did all the feats. Im 296 points away to reach kyber. If I win this round I will reach it. So it is possible with 3 losses to get into kyber. Also I dont have Malak and that is a serious disadvantage. Luckily I can beat malak teams, but most of the time not in the 1st try because I cant use my arena team here (Drevan+GMY).
  • HJoci30 wrote: »
    Im in div 2, I lost 2 matches.There was one territory that I couldnt clear and several fights I won only on 2nd or 3rd try. I did all the feats. Im 296 points away to reach kyber. If I win this round I will reach it. So it is possible with 3 losses to get into kyber. Also I dont have Malak and that is a serious disadvantage. Luckily I can beat malak teams, but most of the time not in the 1st try because I cant use my arena team here (Drevan+GMY).

You are in division 2, which explains it. In division 1, there there is almost absolute certainty that with 3 losses, you will not reach kyber.

I barely won this round (by going second) by 2 points and will just break kyber tomorrow when the results are out.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kurrgan wrote: »
    Division 2: I have lost only a single match this GA as I recall and it appears that I am going to fall just short if I full clear win this bracket today. So winning 4 of 5 brackets almost every single one a full clear is not good enough even though I have done some of the feats but had no interest in doing them all. These is no way in **** I am going to do endless squad arena and fleet arenas for this. I did the seperatist/GR ones. That should be enough with a solid winning record. You should get extra points based on final placement in the bracket in addition to the 1000 for winning the round. That would help alleviate this.

Not making it with only 1 loss seems a bit off. I am in Div 3 with 1 loss and should hit Kyber if I take 2 territories. I have had a couple of matches where I didnt get full clears and have mostly ignored feats, but I have completed around half.

Well good luck. Lets see how it shakes out after the final round.

OK, update. I choked in finals and it cost me by 550 points. So for the five weeks, I won 3 brackets and came in 2nd twice leaving only 4 total zones uncleared. I feel that is pretty solid. I did the all the feats that weren't based on arena/fleet arena wins as well (use seperatists/GR/grevious/short handed/first attempt/total zones), etc. I'm not sure what the right formula should be but I know that as competition increases it will be much harder to always clear all the zones without making it super easy for opponent. Without some extra points for getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc it will be near impossible at least for me and not worth effort for a few zetas. My two cents, thanks!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

3re5w97f88ob.png

I was not a fan of the idea when I first read about the feats but having played these first two GAC, they have grown on me in a fungus-like fashion. I actually like the tension they create between trying to win matches and trying to score bonus points, it keeps things interesting and adds more challenge.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

3re5w97f88ob.png

I was not a fan of the idea when I first read about the feats but having played these first two GAC, they have grown on me in a fungus-like fashion. I actually like the tension they create between trying to win matches and trying to score bonus points, it keeps things interesting and adds more challenge.

I completely agree. They actually encouraged me to try some things I never would have and made stronger teams because of it.