State of Ships

I think it’s cool the Negotiator is in the game and I think it’s awesome this appears to be the GG ship kit reveal with the Vulture Droid kit. Great job there!

Now onto the bad part of the post. If you put GG capital behind the same type of GK ship with GET2 currency you are going to really be hurting people and adding salt to the already boring and stale **** meta. It isn’t even close that no one runs anything but Ackbar capitals.

You guys have an opportunity here to do a fleet legendary type of event with GG ship. Do it sooner than later. We are already locked behind a TB currency wall. We need change in fleet now! Not in a month and a half to 2 months from now! Let’s break up the stale meta now!

Replies

• Options
    Imagine if u need gk to unlock gg
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    MaxiPriest wrote: »
    Imagine if u need gk to unlock gg

You've got it wrong, you wont 'need' GK to unlock GG, you'll be able to use any GR ship.
    But if you're not using GK, you're gonna have a bad time.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    ...GET2 currency you are going to really be hurting people and adding salt to the already boring and stale **** meta. It isn’t even close that no one runs anything but Ackbar capitals!

I am in a fleet shard with several different Thrawn led Geos who take number one at least 4 times a week. I’ve seen several good lineups that eliminate HT and minimize Han’s Falcon nicely.

All the Negotiator (JKR) is going to do is lock up Fleet with another meta until Malevolence (DR/DM) comes along with the sep ships and we’ll be in another meta lock that only the top guilds and Credit Card warriors will have.

The next 30 days is going to determine my continuing support of this game or switching it all to Blizzard on August 27.
  • Options
    ...GET2 currency you are going to really be hurting people and adding salt to the already boring and stale **** meta. It isn’t even close that no one runs anything but Ackbar capitals!

I am in a fleet shard with several different Thrawn led Geos who take number one at least 4 times a week. I’ve seen several good lineups that eliminate HT and minimize Han’s Falcon nicely.

All the Negotiator (JKR) is going to do is lock up Fleet with another meta until Malevolence (DR/DM) comes along with the sep ships and we’ll be in another meta lock that only the top guilds and Credit Card warriors will have.

The next 30 days is going to determine my continuing support of this game or switching it all to Blizzard on August 27.

I get your sentiment, but I'm extremely sorry if Blizzard (Activision) will be taking all your money going forward.
  • Options
    jr8972686 wrote: »

I get your sentiment, but I'm extremely sorry if Blizzard (Activision) will be taking all your money going forward.

Yeah, I get that, but at least WoW is cosmetic for money. I can’t take 1st by just paying for it. And Diablo 4 sounds promising.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options

What is coming up in august?
  • Options
    Tuesday
  • Options
    I agree with this, but I think these two ships will be the Hoda and Wampa of GET2. There is no end in sight to the **** meta.
  • Options
    Funny thing is GK capital is going to be plug and play and probably trash against GG capital, given the fact that seps will require another p2w ship to fill the roster
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    There were hints alluding to the fact that more Malak-ish type events would take place. Much earlier in Q&A, I think it was TopHat that answered a question about more Cap Ships by saying something along the lines of “expect 2.” Speculation at the time suggested that Resistance and First Order Cap Ships were inbound upon the next major movie, but recently theories have shifted to believe they were referring to GK and GG Cap Ships.

If they don’t do a Legendary event for GG, prepare for something like Malak, possibly something like a mini raid as a “trial run” of sorts to test things out for a real fleet raid down the line.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Fauztin wrote: »
    There were hints alluding to the fact that more Malak-ish type events would take place. Much earlier in Q&A, I think it was TopHat that answered a question about more Cap Ships by saying something along the lines of “expect 2.” Speculation at the time suggested that Resistance and First Order Cap Ships were inbound upon the next major movie, but recently theories have shifted to believe they were referring to GK and GG Cap Ships.

If they don’t do a Legendary event for GG, prepare for something like Malak, possibly something like a mini raid as a “trial run” of sorts to test things out for a real fleet raid down the line.

I believe you are almost spot on with this assessment of what’s coming.

We’re led to believe it’s Kenobi and GG and that’s it. I still think we’re more likely getting the Raddus and some other FO Star Destroyer or Dreadnaught. I don’t think the Executor or the Supremacy due to the size. But it will culminate in more tables for Ships and possibly a raid or expanded role in GAC.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    I’d very much like to believe that you’re right, and we can fully expect Resistance and FO Cap ships to make their way into the game as well. I’m not convinced they wouldn’t use the Dreadnaught though. There was that whole deal they mentioned about changing the Fleet graphics to accommodate for ship sizes, which I assumed to be aimed at the Malevolence because of its size. So in theory, they could open the door to all kinds of much larger (or smaller) capital ships 🤷‍♂️
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    jr8972686 wrote: »

Yeah, I get that, but at least WoW is cosmetic for money. I can’t take 1st by just paying for it. And Diablo 4 sounds promising.

Lol, now it requires your whole guild to pay if you want to take first. It’s no longer just individual investments.
  • Options
    Just remember! All legendary events going forward will probably require full g13 squads ;)
  • Options
    Just remember! All legendary events going forward will probably require full g13 squads ;)

No....that’s not true....that’s impossible! Nooooooooooo!!!!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    On one hand, it's stale and boring. On the other hand, it's free crystals without additional effort until people start unlocking the Negotiator.
  • Options

That may be true in your particular shard but aside from quick testing no one in majority of guilds are actually running Thrawn unless they want to drop out of top 50 and club everyday
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I just dont understand the current state of ships. Seems like such a missed opportunity to me. They could do 2 things:

1. Alternate GAC maps and add one to put a 5th Middle zone in GA that requires up to 2 defensive fleets at higher GP - requiring at least 4 fleets total.

2. THEN Give us a FO/Sith cap and a Resistance Cap and give them a way to beat **** fleets. THEN give us Negotiator and Malevolance. That would give us 8 fleets and a reason to use them.

The amount of time it will take to get the two GAC ships plus the few amount of people that are going to get them isnt really going to drive much spending. But giving them a use in GA will.

IMHO.

Edit: 3. Alter the TW Map to place both ship zones where at least one needs to be fought on each path.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    I just dont understand the current state of ships. Seems like such a missed opportunity to me. They could do 2 things:

1. Alternate GAC maps and add one to put a 5th Middle zone in GA that requires up to 2 defensive fleets at higher GP - requiring at least 4 fleets total.

2. THEN Give us a FO/Sith cap and a Resistance Cap and give them a way to beat **** fleets. THEN give us Negotiator and Malevolance. That would give us 8 fleets and a reason to use them.

The amount of time it will take to get the two GAC ships plus the few amount of people that are going to get them isnt really going to drive much spending. But giving them a use in GA will.

IMHO.

Edit: 3. Alter the TW Map to place both ship zones where at least one needs to be fought on each path.

As a long time fan of ships, I actually hope they do not bring ships to GAC for a while. It’s bad enough that I’ve invested heavily in ships and pilots and will now suffer in fleet arena because my guild earns fewer stars in geo TB than my rivals. But to block my progression in GAC as well simply based on guild success is insane.

With the ships we have now, there aren’t going to be many counters to Negotiator. Prior to the release of Negotiator, I would have agreed with everything you said. Let’s hope other new meta ships aren’t tied to TBs or some other guild events.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

IMHO.

As a long time fan of ships, I actually hope they do not bring ships to GAC for a while. It’s bad enough that I’ve invested heavily in ships and pilots and will now suffer in fleet arena because my guild earns fewer stars in geo TB than my rivals. But to block my progression in GAC as well simply based on guild success is insane.

With the ships we have now, there aren’t going to be many counters to Negotiator. Prior to the release of Negotiator, I would have agreed with everything you said. Let’s hope other new meta ships aren’t tied to TBs or some other guild events.

Yeah I'm spitballing but I think it's a kernel of a plan. I will say that that unlike Squads, every fleet can be worn down over multiple battles (Unknown with new ships though) so its not as much a problem having 1 fleet stymie a whole zone...

I just get frustrated every time I spend energy farming Sith Fighter and Bomber - which I am doing right now - and realize there is absolutely no point other than satisfying my collector itch. They are just a waste of resources.

Might as well add Hawk and Shuttle into that useless pile. They were both released as Chase events - which was very cool new thing - and are both absolutely pointless to have. Are they good? Yes. Do you need them? No. And I chased both of them to 5*. Last time I will do that. Such a missed opportunity.

• Options

IMHO.

Yeah I'm spitballing but I think it's a kernel of a plan. I will say that that unlike Squads, every fleet can be worn down over multiple battles (Unknown with new ships though) so its not as much a problem having 1 fleet stymie a whole zone...

I just get frustrated every time I spend energy farming Sith Fighter and Bomber - which I am doing right now - and realize there is absolutely no point other than satisfying my collector itch. They are just a waste of resources.

Might as well add Hawk and Shuttle into that useless pile. They were both released as Chase events - which was very cool new thing - and are both absolutely pointless to have. Are they good? Yes. Do you need them? No. And I chased both of them to 5*. Last time I will do that. Such a missed opportunity.

Lol what do you mean useless? You don’t like deploying or platooning them? You actually want to use them in battle???

Yea I agree there are a lot of missed opportunities with ships. It’s sad that we’ve had a falcon meta since January and the only new ship that can touch it is one that no one can get yet. Hopefully, they add some more ships and diversity over the rest of 2019. I really like those 2 months after the release of ships 2.0 when I was constantly testing new lineups to see what was best (because I didn’t have geos geared).
  • Options

*If* they release the right cap ship you will be glad you did. My Fighter and Bomber are 6*, will be glad to be done farming them.
    I used Hawk and Shuttle for the first time ever in the marquee for the Vulture Droid, both level 1 and unskilled, just so I could say that I've piloted them.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

*If* they release the right cap ship you will be glad you did. My Fighter and Bomber are 6*, will be glad to be done farming them.
    I used Hawk and Shuttle for the first time ever in the marquee for the Vulture Droid, both level 1 and unskilled, just so I could say that I've piloted them.

but they won't not for 2 years anyway...and no one will be here in 2 years in that sense sith ships were a complete waste of time and effort just a money grab with no usage, play benefit, no requirement, no assault battle needed for them....

It's a joke and only CG is laughing..... it's a joke
  • Options
    I wish they’d stop slapping us in the face with fleets as a GAC feat. It’s bad enough I have to play a battle a day in this crap meta, but then to require me to play more battles to get crap rewards in GAC is just insulting.

They could show some class and stop pretending they haven’t messed up ships. It’s clear they aren’t making money on ships and are looking for better ways to monetize it. Just sell the ships in packs and let us buy some ships that can compete against each other. Then at least we could all just get the ships we wanted and have some fun.
  • Options
    I wish they’d stop slapping us in the face with fleets....

11usag7aiwkv.gif

• MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I wish they’d stop slapping us in the face with fleets as a GAC feat. It’s bad enough I have to play a battle a day in this crap meta, but then to require me to play more battles to get crap rewards in GAC is just insulting.

They could show some class and stop pretending they haven’t messed up ships. It’s clear they aren’t making money on ships and are looking for better ways to monetize it. Just sell the ships in packs and let us buy some ships that can compete against each other. Then at least we could all just get the ships we wanted and have some fun.

You're not required to do the feats though. However if you still want to complete the fleet feats and you occupy a rank high in the arena, I suggest you drop a little on purpose. Will let you win those battles easily.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

You're not required to do the feats though. However if you still want to complete the fleet feats and you occupy a rank high in the arena, I suggest you drop a little on purpose. Will let you win those battles easily.

Yeah, but that's what makes the whole thing so silly
  • Options

That’s why fleets need changed. Meta is stale and boring.

If they released something to beat or at least compete with Ackbar that would be awesome.

They could even introduce a ship raid.

There are many directions they could take but they have left ships alone for so long people just want to do a battle or two for payout and that’s it. That’s literally how bad ships are. If ships were better your mindset about fleet would be entirely different I would imagine.
  • Options
    Players used the same ships to hold just like in arena. If you were to move up with a different team in arena you would drop further. It would provide players a incentive to want to move up when they see a different team.
  • Options
    if you could target the cap ship , it would be instantly better