Ewoks - are they worth it?

I’ve been slow farming the fury little murder bears and I’ve got the ideal C3PO team nearly starred but not geared:

Chirpa, logray, wicket, elder & (papaloo is only 5 stars) the others are all finished

I’ve not put any gear into them yet as I’m waiting for them all to be starred before I do.

However, with so many other characters demanding gear are they worth it, just for 3PO?

Bounty hunters are a useful team in themselves as they have utility in GAC TW. Furthermore, they unlock chewie and the falcon AND they grant rewards from galactic bounties. That’s a pretty good return on investment.

Murder bears give you 3PO.... and that’s kinda it.

ATST event rewards are negligible. Ewoks don’t play particularly well in PVP (I’ve read they’re a c-class team, below BH and NS), they have no particular use in raids. So the only output is C3PO, then I have 5 gear 11 GP inflators stuck in my roster.

C3P0 looks great, but does he justify 5 useless characters worth of investment?

Replies

• Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You can do the 7 star C3PO with that team all at g9-10, but with your arena mods

And yes, it is also powerful on offense in GA
  • Options
    You can do the 7 star C3PO with that team all at g9-10, but with your arena mods

And yes, it is also powerful on offense in GA

Yes but they are not powerful in GA at gear 9/10.
  • Options
    I’d say go ahead and unlock C3P0, but with minimal gear levels. You probably are not in a position where focusing on your Ewok team would be a wise investment, as those resources could be used on higher priority toons. They are a luxury team at this point and are becoming less relevant as time goes on.

I do use them in GA regularly, but if I didn’t have them it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.
  • Options
    Definitely gear them to get C3PO as he’s pretty useful in a Padmé squad, which is one of the best teams in the game.

Past that, I’d leave gearing them for a while. They are useful, but I only really use them against FO teams which aren’t maxed out in GA.
  • Options
    It all depends on your goals. 3po is great in pve. He makes jtr able to solo haat and do more dmg in hstr. He's also good in pvp for a grand arena team. Although a cls team or a jtr team withoit him can do well enough.

There's also the possibility that he may be needed for a future jedi luke at some point.

It also depends on the other options for tge gear. If you are gearing old republic for malak, that would definitely take priority.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I just set in GA ewok squad with Wicket lead by accident because he looks too much like chirpa

7szw1fmy45al.jpeg
  • Options
    Feels bad man
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    The squad builder solves that problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    3PO is definitely worth it as he can be placed on so many different teams (including ewoks) and makes those teams sooo much better.
  • Options
    k4elnbo2guf2.jpg
    I love the little furballs I was running Chirps, Wicket, Logray, Paploo + g12 3PO in arena for a long time. They are a great team when modded properly
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yes, they are worth it just for C3P0. Personally mine have been sitting at G10-11 ever since because I just don't like using them, but they are also a pretty solid B-team for GA/TW if you put the gear and zetas into them. Their TM engine is one of, if not the best in the game, so you can take 2-3 turns with your entire team without your opponent ever getting a turn.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    One word: NO.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Ewoks are required for an event that awards zetas. And they are required for 3p0.

Finally they are nearly a hard counter for higher geared fo teams

Yes. They are worth it.

Quite frankly if someone says no. Id check their acct stats. And expect poor performace overall
  • Options
    Ewoks are a perfect counter to FO, and Carth teams. They can take out a significantly better geared and powered team. My 84k GP ewoks can take out 95k FO teams.
  • Options
    Yes, they are worth it. Ewoks are a great team and c3po makes any team better.
  • Options
    They are worth it. 3po is the key to beating HSTR, plus they're great team to have. Swgoh roster help can tell you if your team can 7* 3po or not.
  • Options
    Galanthus wrote: »

One word: Don't Listen To This Guy
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    UNDE4DLY wrote: »
    Galanthus wrote: »

One word: Don't Listen To This Guy

Counterpoint: That's five words.

Counterpoint to the counterpoint: I also disagree, respectfully, with the original one word answer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hey, Ewoks are great and I’m glad I got them when I did (when we had a break between events).
    But they are still a luxury team to have.
    There are several other newer teams that I’d prioritize above them, if I didn’t already have them.

They are good, but they are certainly not in the top 5 teams that I would recommend focusing on today.

*This is based off of some assumptions as to what the roster of someone who does t have c3p0 would look like. Maybe they have JKR/DR/GR/GG/Falcon, etc. teams all ready to go, but I doubt it at that level.
  • Options
    Yes they are worth it:
    1. They have the zeta event that’s monthly
    2. They are a good team for GA/TW — I’ve had several people underestimate them
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    As someone said they counter FO pretty well on O. I've never used them against Carth. Sounds promising.

On D my team has never won a battle but they serve a valuable purpose - they make your enemy use an extremely fast team, or a team with Class A debuffs (like Daze or Shock) to beat them. Which is very valuable by itself because then you hide a team behind them is weak to daze or shock - like Carth or Qira. In short (har har) they are a good speedbump team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    IronRanger wrote: »
    Ewoks are a perfect counter to FO, and Carth teams. They can take out a significantly better geared and powered team. My 84k GP ewoks can take out 95k FO teams.

@IronRanger can they beat Carth reliably? Even with zetas? I use EP to beat Carth right now but would much rather use him for other things...
  • Options
    Yep, Carth, mission zaalbar zetas will fall to ewoks. Only thing to even watch is if they have Juhani because she can dispell Logray's daze. But I can get around that many times. Once in a while I bite off more than I can chew but as I gear them up, I have less and less issues
  • Options
    The Woks routinely punch above their weight (gp) even when not fully maxed. Of course more gear and zetas are great but zchirps and g11-12 and they're formidable. Turn meter gain is a powerful thing
  • Options
    The Woks routinely punch above their weight (gp) even when not fully maxed. Of course more gear and zetas are great but zchirps and g11-12 and they're formidable. Turn meter gain is a powerful thing

Would you put them above Bounty Hunters or Nightsisters though?

I thought I’d seen a chart showing them in a lower category for PvP.
  • Options

Would you put them above Bounty Hunters or Nightsisters though?

I thought I’d seen a chart showing them in a lower category for PvP.

Not above, but perhaps to the side. They are required at a decently high level to get C3P0 and once the train gets rolling, it is unlikely that they won't at least put in some damage. If placed on defense, they tend to at least eat a decent team, and on offense they easily take out FO, which many people still use on defense, and I use mine against ZBossk bh (provided you can control boba).

Gear is probably better used on BH and NS, but gear is not wasted on Ewoks.
  • Options
    100 percent worth it. C3p0 alone makes them worth it. In GA I clear a node with them every match. Everyone uses either a first order or Carth team on D and my ewoks eat them alive. I even use them to take down some nightsister teams. Theyre pointless on D if your opponent has a good Nest, but if they dont my ewoks have sometimes taken 4-5 attempts to be beaten.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks can (if geared to 11 with decent mods and gear) take down a g12 FO squad and can even take down a Talzin-lead NS squad (not Assaj - that's a little tougher). They are also a solid clean up squad on offense against most non-meta teams. And C3P0 is a big boost to CLS or Padme teams (whichever you use him in).

So, yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    2. They are a good team for GA/TW — I’ve had several people underestimate them
    All it takes is underestimating them once, too.

Lose the first fight because you thought you could cheap out on the offense team, and now you're facing that same Ewok team but with a bunch of pre-loaded TM... Ewoks are a team that's easy to cascade against on defense and you just drop like a rock.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ewoks can (if geared to 11 with decent mods and gear) take down a g12 FO squad and can even take down a Talzin-lead NS squad (not Assaj - that's a little tougher). They are also a solid clean up squad on offense against most non-meta teams. And C3P0 is a big boost to CLS or Padme teams (whichever you use him in).

So, yes.
    7htlildq6vgl.jpg