Selection of rivals for GA

Serge
23 posts Member
Hello.

I know that this issue has been discussed repeatedly. But I want to understand the logic of the developers. Explain how you can to bring such players together? Do you think - this is fair?
When an opponent has more characters, more modules - you can win only on his mistakes. If he does not make serious mistakes - he won. Is that honest?

s69jwefqnhh7.jpg
66m6vzyrzchr.jpg
lndkqftk3pqg.jpg
g0t9n4os9ske.jpg

and so on...

Why do you consider only the first 80 characters? After all, often squads win from 2-3 times. I hardly recruit 16 squads. But the opponent always has 2-3 squads in reserve. And an advantage in the modules.

And look at the current top of all leagues. There mostly are not strong players. There players with "successful" warehouses. Those who have key characters (Darth Revan, Malak) and who receive weak players as rivals without Darth Revan and Malak and they win easily. So what's the point in such a "top"?

With best regards,

Replies

• Agreed. It’s a trash system. They care more about pushing you into spending to catch up then they do giving us a fun/fair game mode.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    They have indicated they may split up the highest GP brackets some more, which will help solve some of the issue.

I dont think they will - or should - ever factor mods into the equation.
  • The current GA matchmaking system is a god **** joke. I haven't won my last 6 matches due to being faced against whales, and my guild leader hasn't won a single match since the start of GAC. I barely have 980k power and I'm getting put against people that have 2+ mill, how the hell is that fair? I don't even try to fight anymore.
  • Learn to play. Selecting the right teams for offense and defense. Know alternate counters. Know team synergies and how to destroy them. All this matters a lot more than some shiny toons, mods or gp. Not only hang with the known teams from all the video channels.
  • Sparkle361 wrote: »
    Learn to play. Selecting the right teams for offense and defense. Know alternate counters. Know team synergies and how to destroy them. All this matters a lot more than some shiny toons, mods or gp. Not only hang with the known teams from all the video channels.

I never understood the "duuururur lets use strategy's from a video with 10m views." and then blame matchmaking. 😄😂
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Agreed. It’s a trash system. They care more about pushing you into spending to catch up then they do giving us a fun/fair game mode.

but as you can see from Q&A they are patting themselves on the back lol...workin as intended LOL.... the shame I would feel
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Sparkle361 wrote: »
    Learn to play. Selecting the right teams for offense and defense. Know alternate counters. Know team synergies and how to destroy them. All this matters a lot more than some shiny toons, mods or gp. Not only hang with the known teams from all the video channels.

If you dont' have the counter and 120 of your toons cannot beat their team or even take a turn after the first match all that blah blah blah "use strategy use synergy stuff is nonsense....utter nonsense"

And if you never have run into that situtation then you really kinda have no bearing or point of reference for anything being talked about........ no frame of reference your basically out of your element dude.

you cannot tell someone their GAC strategy sucks when the opponent drops GOD down because they don't have a pair (I would do it to I like peoples grief) it's over... no point playing game is dumb..... see you in a few days.......

days...that's dumb... on team...days
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I have been the lowest GP throughout most of my matches as well as out zetad, fewer g13 and g12 and still managed to come out of the championship with a single loss which was a tie. So dont give me this bull about how its impossible to win. You win by understanding the mechanics of the game and studying your opponents roster and their wins and holds. Most players are creatures of habit and if you can determine if they tend to play aggressively or defensively then you have a good chance at utilizing your roster to be in a position to win.
  • Sparkle361 wrote: »
    Learn to play. Selecting the right teams for offense and defense.
    There are only 2 known counters to a G13 Malak - your own malak or G13 General Grevious, and if you don't have either of these then there is NO way to play it correctly.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    There are only 2 known counters to a G13 Malak - your own malak or G13 General Grevious, and if you don't have either of these then there is NO way to play it correctly.

DR + Maurader works really well...
  • RustyStefan
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    so many whiny babies in this forum, you win some you lose some and stop focusing on overall GP as pretty sure it's Character GP. Why include ships GP in matchmaking when there isn't any battles involving ships.

If you want a game with zero challenge and where you hopefully can easily win everytime why don't you play Snap on your own, if you start losing that then there is zero hope for you
  • There are only 2 known counters to a G13 Malak - your own malak or G13 General Grevious, and if you don't have either of these then there is NO way to play it correctly.

Man I must be very lucky to beat multiple G13 Malaks every day using two completely different squads.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2019

I agree that the matchmaking is horrid, but this is not true. I beat g13 DR/Malak teams everyday with a g13 Padmé team. There is some rng, but if you have the same number of g13 toons, the win rate is at least 70-75%.
    So that's 3 counters. But yes, if you don't have one of those 3 - and geared equally, your pretty well going to lose.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree that the matchmaking is horrid, but this is not true. I beat g13 DR/Malak teams everyday with a g13 Padmé team. There is some rng, but if you have the same number of g13 toons, the win rate is at least 70-75%.
    So that's 3 counters. But yes, if you don't have one of those 3 - and geared equally, your pretty well going to lose.

Again DR + Maurader - who is a stupid easy farm (12 energy cantina) and has stupid easy gear requirements to G12 - beats full G13 Malak teams most of the time. He also has a good ship as a bonus.

Not that there is currently any purpose for his ship - but that's another topic.
  • Serge
    23 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    I have been the lowest GP throughout most of my matches as well as out zetad, fewer g13 and g12 and still managed to come out of the championship with a single loss which was a tie. So dont give me this bull about how its impossible to win. You win by understanding the mechanics of the game and studying your opponents roster and their wins and holds. Most players are creatures of habit and if you can determine if they tend to play aggressively or defensively then you have a good chance at utilizing your roster to be in a position to win.

You can win. Of course. I wrote about this. But you can win only if the opponent is wrong. And the main question is not whether it is possible to win. But - how honest is this the draw?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Serge wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

You can win. Of course. I wrote about this. But you can win only if the opponent is wrong. And the main question is not whether it is possible to win. But - how honest is this the draw?

No you dont win if your opponent is wrong, you win if you are right. There is a big difference between the two. People tend to look at these matches in preconceived negative light when they see a certain squad or squads superior to their own but fail to take into account where you are superior to your opponent.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Serge wrote: »
    Hello.

I know that this issue has been discussed repeatedly. But I want to understand the logic of the developers. Explain how you can to bring such players together?

Matching 'relevant GP' and matching leagues.
    Do you think - this is fair?

Fair? That's subjective.

The matches have been far more even in GAC than in GA. Wether that's fair or not, is a matter of oppinion.
    When an opponent has more characters, more modules - you can win only on his mistakes. If he does not make serious mistakes - he won. Is that honest?

If he didn't cheat, then yes, it's perfectly honest.
    If he has more and better mods than you, it's not a game design problem. Enjoy your mod farming :-).
    [images removed]

and so on...

Why do you consider only the first 80 characters? After all, often squads win from 2-3 times. I hardly recruit 16 squads. But the opponent always has 2-3 squads in reserve. And an advantage in the modules.

And look at the current top of all leagues. There mostly are not strong players.

Yet, those 'not strong' players performed better than you. If you believe, you're stronger, just go out and prove it in the next GAC.
    There players with "successful" warehouses. Those who have key characters (Darth Revan, Malak) and who receive weak players as rivals without Darth Revan and Malak and they win easily. So what's the point in such a "top"?

What makes you so sure, that they don't encounter other players, who also have Revan(s) and Malak, but only have weak opponents? I sense speculations here.