Chewbacca broken?

Is Chewbacca broken or am I missing something?

Loyal Friend ability description says that "At the start of the battle, grant Guard to the weakest ally and Han Solo until Chewbacca is defeated."

This ability worked fine a couple of days, maybe a week, ago and weakest member of the team C3PO got the guard always, but now I keep geeting Guard for Han Solo and the STRONGEST ally, which happens to be CLS...

Replies

• urkki wrote: »

Loyal Friend ability description says that "At the start of the battle, grant Guard to the weakest ally and Han Solo until Chewbacca is defeated."

This ability worked fine a couple of days, maybe a week, ago and weakest member of the team C3PO got the guard always, but now I keep geeting Guard for Han Solo and the STRONGEST ally, which happens to be CLS...

Check the combined health of C3P0 and CLS, you'll be surprised how tanky C3P0 can get.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    urkki wrote: »

Check the combined health of C3P0 and CLS, you'll be surprised how tanky C3P0 can get.

This.

Make sure you are looking at the combine values for both.

• urkki wrote: »

Combined health and protection*
  • ...and it's much better to get guard on CLS anyway.
  • Okay, makes sense... I thought it was about toon GP...
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, lol my C3PO seems invincible. Him and R2 are the only 2 on my CLS team that haven't been 1-shot by GMY crit. Thus, you should not need guard on C3
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Weakest in the Loyal Friend ability only refers to health, not combined health and protection. My CLS has more combined health and prot than 3po for traya in phase 4 of sith raid so he gets unbreakable will. But CLS health is less than 3po so that he gets guard when I use him on a team with chewie, raid han, 3po, and r2.
  • In my case CLS has more health and C3PO has way more protection, so combined h+p CLS is weaker and gets the Guard.
  • Ron_ONeal35
    161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm curious about this as well. My Nest has more protection and health than my CLS and Nest gets guard.

j6ou3eha6e8a.jpg
    qjel4ytrba5x.jpg
    086f7xl5wk33.jpg

• khelzac
    335 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    j6ou3eha6e8a.jpg
    086f7xl5wk33.jpg
    I'm curious about this as well. My Nest has more protection and health than my CLS and Nest gets guard. qjel4ytrba5x.jpg

R2D2's Number Crunch?
  • @Ron_ONeal35 That is because R2D2 is boosting CLS.
  • Ahh. Thanks
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    ZAP wrote: »
    Delvorin wrote: »

Weakest in the Loyal Friend ability only refers to health, not combined health and protection. My CLS has more combined health and prot than 3po for traya in phase 4 of sith raid so he gets unbreakable will. But CLS health is less than 3po so that he gets guard when I use him on a team with chewie, raid han, 3po, and r2.

Weakest does refer to the least health plus protection for the loyal friend ability.

Can you show screenshots to dispute that? I can show screenshots to prove it.

Sure. Here's the character stats for my CLS and 3PO from SWGOH.gg. Combined health and prot for CLS is 66,778 and for 3PO is 65,884. But since CLS health is 26,373 while 3PO's is 29,230, CLS has been getting guard from Chewie. Also attaching a battle to show it. You might also want to argue it's because I have Wait for Me zetaed so 3po gets the translation at start to give him 30% more health, but then if that applied immediately, I wouldn't be able to get unbreakable will in phase 4 of sith raid on CLS. The one with the highest combined health and prot get unbreakable will at the start of the fight.

a6jkepr5yd0d.png

moebgetcvbdv.png

h4f2bix93ltz.png
  • Possibly because of the completed gear level to mod interaction for percent bonuses? I don't know when the mod bonuses are applied. Do they show in those gg stats?
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Possibly because of the completed gear level to mod interaction for percent bonuses? I don't know when the mod bonuses are applied. Do they show in those gg stats?

Hmm, I'm not sure it matters. Regardless of when mod bonus applies, I have two situations where two different requirements are needed and met by the characters with the same mods on the characters in both battles. Just asking trying to follow your logic, what difference would it make when the mod bonus is applied?
    The numbers showing are after applying the mods. It's just like in-game where mod stats and set bonuses are applied in real time so you see the change.