Incorrect translation into Spanish of Malevolence. "Malicia" doesn't exist. Fix it please.

diieguito4
7 posts Member
edited August 2019
Please CG and EA, the correct translation of "MALEVOLENCE" to Spanish is “MALEVOLENCIA” and not "MALICIA"🤦🏻‍♂️🙏🏼 Sounds horrible and it's wrong.

However, I think that the best idea is to keep the original name (which appears in the official Clone Wars Spanish episode), MALEVOLENCE in both languages. But please If not, "MALEVOLENCIA" (in Spanish/Latino) is much better instead of "MALICIA" which is a wrong translation.

Thanks, the ship looks amazing!
Post edited by diieguito4 on

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think it depends on the official translation in the Clone Wars.
  • In the official spanish Clone Wars episode its "MALEVOLENCE" and in the official spanish (latino) Clone Wars episode its "MALEVOLENCIA" but NEVER NEVER "MALICIA".

Please, fix it.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    diieguito4 wrote: »
    In the official spanish Clone Wars episode its "MALEVOLENCE" and in the official spanish (latino) Clone Wars episode its "MALEVOLENCIA" but NEVER NEVER "MALICIA".

Please, fix it.

In Spanish (Spain) es-es is also “MALEVOLENCIA”
    The translatín of “MALICIA” back to English is Malice

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • If you watch the episode "Shadow of Malevolence " in spanish, in second 22 says: El acorazado separatista "MALEVOLENCE".

It's true that the literal translation of Malevolence is Malevolencia, but in the episode says Malevolence.

Anyway, the important thing is that it can never be "MALICIA".
  • They have already touched on this. They have limited resources.
  • I only trying to help them. I guess it shouldn't be difficult to correct this.
  • Malicia is a perfectly correct and habitual word in Spanish. I haven't watched the series, so I don't know how it was translated here in Spain, but Malicia isn't incorrect or strange.
    https://dle.rae.es/?id=O2ZWiZ2
  • diieguito4
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm Spanish and of course is a correct word . The problem is that it's an incorrect translation of Malevolence. If the name of the ship were Malice, Malicia would be a perfect translation.

In Spain, in the episodes they say "el Malevolence" and in Latinoamérica "el Malevolencia". I checked it out.
  • A ship is named by the name on the hull. Enterprise is Enterprise, Reliant is Reliant. The English HMS Bounty is still called the Bounty in any language. We don’t call the Nina, the Pinta or the Santa Maria by some translated name. Yamato is Yamato.

Malevolence should be called Malevolence. I have seen Malicia used for Maleficent’s name as well.
  • Totally agree.
  • It seems like an easy and reasonable fix. Translations should be as accurate as possible.

There are no names on the hulls of any Star Wars ship, are there? That would be kind of Anglocentric to think that the Malevolence actually is called that in Galactic Basic.

Are the characters named the same in all translations of the movies? Can't say I've ever watched it in anything but English. Is it Juan Solo and Arturito? :D
  • If it's a name shouldn't it be the same in all languages, so Malevolence should be Malevolence in Spanish too.
  • Malevolence or Malevolencia, I dont mind. But not Malicia please.