Can we get an update on cheating?

Prev13456789
In the aftermath of the videos showing how easy it is to cheat in this game, it would be reassuring to have some kind of update from CG. What is being done? Is it working at all?

Community confidence in this game seems pretty low at the moment

Replies

• The idea of replays is a pretty good one, that way everyone can see if they are cheating against you and can be reported easily.
  • Th3NameLess
    272 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The idea of replays is a pretty good one, that way everyone can see if they are cheating against you and can be reported easily.

I think this would just lead to more subtle ways of cheating but it would be a good start
  • JDIII wrote: »
    What’s worse about this issue is it’s being closed almost immediately saying they have things in place to catch those players, but as we saw, those things aren’t working right now. I have too much invested in this game for an issue like this to be lingering around without a fix coming

100%. Which is why I'm amazed there was no update to reassure people
  • James2088 wrote: »
    We should be allowed to discuss this in the forums as well, it’s an issue that concerns everyone and a lot of people are upset about it. I hope at least this thread is allowed to remain open.

I don't expect it to stay open, but I agree, many people are worried and future commitments to GAC will suffer
  • Zynkin
    53 posts Member
    It should be very easy to detect some of the cheaters, all you have to do is look at the guilds that are getting substantially more stars than they should on the GEO TB given their guild GP.

That is also why the 16.5 GP rule was added to the TB and 17.5 for malak so at least you have to gear toons up, but still when g13 malak squads struggle to 2/4 phase 4, and then you have guilds get 30+ stars......
  • lb9edfoebdpn.png
    this guy got reported by several out of our shard
    made it to top1 every day without a pretank and a very slow modded drevan team without malak
    we even talked to his guild leader
    the cheater admitted cheating to him and got kicked out of the guild
    yet over a week later is is still climbing guildless in arena (cant make it to top 10 anymore) and made kyber in gac

so i wonder how many fly under the radar if the most obv cheaters need more than a week to get reviewed
  • Yup, and pointing people to a post about a game update from 2-months ago that clearly did NOT fix the issue instead me reassuring players actually kind of illustrates how there needs to be further drastic action to deal with things!
  • FistyCuffs
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Punishment for cheating? I’d like the opposing to hand over all their gear salvage, credits, zetas/omegas shared out to everyone they cheat on. Then have their account banished alongside any new account linked to apple or android.
  • Maybe CG Carrie knew.. and she was like I'M OUTTA HERE!
  • Even it will be a nice feature, I'm not sure replay will help, you will not be able to see small changes on replay. We need a true fix that prevent this one and futurs hacks like that
  • Me and another guy in my ga reported the same guy who is just going above and beyond with the cheating and it’s been over 2 days and we’ve heard absolutely nothing.
  • Just saw some new vids about swgoh-cheating on youtube. This is a GIANT problem, better we get it fixed fast and thoroughly.
    Cheating is pure poison for pvp and therefore for the whole swgoh-community, even more if the communication about this matter is growing...
    Please CG, can't you maximize your efforts to repair this nightmare?
    :s
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Hmm, i am very sarcastic about they finding the solution. They delete even videos that are talking about this topic. If they are all about money money money and feels like they are always out of money :D then i dunno if they are taking it serious to fight w cheating. Not talking about designers, they did really good job in this game, love the outlooks :D
  • @CG_SBCrumb This is really concerning. The community deserves to get a straight answer about how this is being addressed immediately.
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Honestly, this is why I refuse to spend more money on this game. Once I saw how easy the mod swap thing was that they ignored for 2 years... what's the point in spending money when they allow such rampant cheating?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why are people acting like this is news?
  • Liath wrote: »

Maybe because of the new vids...
  • StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Because last we heard, CG had fancy new tools to catch the cheaters. I have wondered about a few of my matches, but figured if anyone was cheating they would be caught and banned, so moved on with my life.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Well obviously CG is completely aware of it because they’re getting videos taken down. The original video was taken down extremely fast.
  • Seriously what are you doing to stop this???
This discussion has been closed.