GAC Kyber and rewards

Kurrgan
100 posts Member
OK, division 2. I choked in finals and it cost me Kyber by 550 points. So for the five weeks, I won 3 brackets and came in 2nd twice leaving only 4 total zones uncleared. I feel that is pretty solid and it took a lot of effort. I also did most all the feats that weren't based on arena/fleet arena wins as well (use seperatists/GR/grevious/short handed/first attempt/total zones), etc. I'm not sure what the right formula should be but I know that as competition increases it will be much harder to consistently clear so many zones without making it super easy for opponent where I might lose anyway. Without some extra points for getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc it will be near impossible to make Kyber and not worth effort for a few zetas. My two cents, thanks! forum name= char name if you want to audit and evaluate.

Replies

• Options
    They said that Kyber will be only for those who win almost every GA in GAC. You didn’t win half and even didn’t clear whole board every time.

But I agree that rewards are not interesting and it is currently one of worst rewarded aspects of the game considering how much time it eats.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ladislav wrote: »
    They said that Kyber will be only for those who win almost every GA in GAC. You didn’t win half and even didn’t clear whole board every time.

But I agree that rewards are not interesting and it is currently one of worst rewarded aspects of the game considering how much time it eats.

3 out of 5 is still more than half, I thought.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

2 out of 4, for GAC in particular. The championship was 4 weeks, +1 separate week exposition.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

2 out of 4, for GAC in particular. The championshipwa 4 weeks, +1 separate week exposition.

Just going off his comment... won 3, came in 2nd twice.

Even if he won 2/4 it's still half.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    That's my gripe. I came in First in 3 brackets and came in 2nd twice. That's a lot of points in any tournament format we know of. Over 5 weeks, you get 15 matches, I won 13 so 86% win rate. 15 matches times 4 zones = 60, I missed 4 = 93%. Then I did many of the feats to boot including the dangerous ones like short handed and clones. If that isn't enough effort then forget it. I'm sure next GAC I will be rated higher and will most likely not perform as well. As soon as that seems the case I will set my defense and just not sweat it. Maybe this will be the sandbox we wanted so I can play with my teams and enjoy them.

Didn't see the 4 week thing. OK, so still two 1st - two 2nd place, 10/12 = 83% win, then 44/48 = 92% zones
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm in Division 2. Won 11 of 12 matches. Cleared every feat but one (the GG one from today). Missed Kyber by 350 points.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better, I'm in Division 2. Won 11 of 12 matches. Cleared every feat but one (the GG one from today). Missed Kyber by 350 points.

This actually makes me feel worse - or, more accurately, like the scoring system is flawed. I missed Kyber by plenty (I'm at 28k right now). Went 1-2 the first 3 and 3-0 on the last one. So, 6-6 overall. So you and I will basically get the same rewards (save for a few extra zetas you got for winning more rounds than I did).

Instead of any sort of incentive to do anything, it's more an incentive to not care. GAC seems to be a fairly poorly thought out game mode.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, I really enjoyed the GAC, after the first few rounds the matchups got harder and my opponent's D became more of a puzzle to solve. I did also get more currency, omegas, and slicing mats, in addition to the zetas you mentioned.

But I'd like more rewards ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on your division, but after 4 weeks I won a couple GAs, and the other two I lost 1 round. Once by 1 point (ouch) and once by 7 points. I just hit Kyber with the last GA win reward, which seems reasonable. If I won everything then I'd be in by a couple thousand points, and I did a few of the feats (not all the arena ones, or undersize squads).

Sadly I can't see now though - I have no GA icon/access any more today??? :(

I'd like to have rewards for close games, as 1000 for a win vs 0 for a loss in a match decided by only 1 point sucks (that can just be RNG). Love to see a 700/300 split for games under 10 points or something.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah that makes me feel bad for you too. Need more points for being on the pedestal.