Why did all the videos on cheating get shut down?

Prev1
mlb1399
651 posts Member
edited August 6
Some of us spend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

Replies

  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?
  • mlb1399
    651 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids
  • Ultra
    3422 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW.
    Source: Thin Air
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    It's not always easy to be transparent. And if they were it would most likely hurt you and me much more than cheaters.
  • APX_919
    2118 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW.
    Source: Thin Air

    While possible and perhaps probable, as Admiral Ossel said shortly before being choked to death, "I need proof, not leads". This sort of supposition goes against the spirit of collegiality and competition.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Because they would rather not have more players learning how to cheat or that it was even possible.
  • Wait did you just compare this to terrorism?
  • StarSon
    3623 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    Did you really just compare terrorism and the methods of combating it to cheating in a video game?
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    Did you really just compare terrorism and the methods of combating it to cheating in a video game?

    I compared 2 examples where it's not beneficial to be transparent, yes.

    Your point?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW.
    Source: Thin Air

    There’s at least 1...

    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Yeah but the negative result of one vs the other is not.
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »
    Yeah but the negative result of one vs the other is not.

    True. Don't see how that's relevant to the conversation, though.
  • Bulldog put an audio only video explaining his experience on cheating and not get caught for 2 months, nice way to raise awareness without actually showing the whole cheating thing.

  • StarSon
    3623 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    Did you really just compare terrorism and the methods of combating it to cheating in a video game?

    I compared 2 examples where it's not beneficial to be transparent, yes.

    Your point?

    They are so wildly different, it's like saying you can eat a basketball because you can eat an orange and both are the same color.
  • Well your argument is “in the best interest” one may cause wide spread actual harmful effects/affects if provided. The other does not because it’s a GAME. So the best interest when making a purchase in a GAME. Is to have all the information provided since it’s a luxury good. Not a decision that deals with lives.
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    Did you really just compare terrorism and the methods of combating it to cheating in a video game?

    I compared 2 examples where it's not beneficial to be transparent, yes.

    Your point?

    They are so wildly different, it's like saying you can eat a basketball because you can eat an orange and both are the same color.

    Wow
  • StarSon
    3623 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    Did you really just compare terrorism and the methods of combating it to cheating in a video game?

    I compared 2 examples where it's not beneficial to be transparent, yes.

    Your point?

    They are so wildly different, it's like saying you can eat a basketball because you can eat an orange and both are the same color.

    Wow

    Yeah, I had the same reaction when you came out with your ridiculous analogy as well.
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »
    Well your argument is “in the best interest” one may cause wide spread actual harmful effects/affects if provided. The other does not because it’s a GAME. So the best interest when making a purchase in a GAME. Is to have all the information provided since it’s a luxury good. Not a decision that deals with lives.

    The impact of the negative effects is irrelevant.

    It is an example where being transparent does more harm than good.

    Try your argument on ppl who have invested thousands of dollars in this game.
  • Ignorance is bliss.
  • Bulldog put an audio only video explaining his experience on cheating and not get caught for 2 months, nice way to raise awareness without actually showing the whole cheating thing.


    This happened after EA copyright striked his original video.

    Also in McMole's video he neither mentions where to get the cheat, nor shows the cheat's name, nor shows the actual cheat, just footage from BD. So saying "more people would start using it after watching the videos" is simply wrong.
  • ugjc7wdbf1jb.jpeg

    EA attempting to contain the fallout in the worst way possible.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    Ignorance is bliss.

    Don't get me wrong, I actually appreciate what you did, and for bringing this issue to fore front.

    I'm only explaining why I can understand as business they would want the vids taken down.

    I hope reasonable discussion continues.
  • Wow...
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Well gee, as long as you won't do it, we're all safe!

    Also in McMole's video he neither mentions where to get the cheat, nor shows the cheat's name, nor shows the actual cheat, just footage from BD. So saying "more people would start using it after watching the videos" is simply wrong.

    It doesn't matter that he didn't lay out the breadcrumbs, people who learn about the possibility from the video will be able to find it themselves.
  • CCyrilS
    2557 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss.

    Don't get me wrong, I actually appreciate what you did, and for bringing this issue to fore front.

    I'm only explaining why I can understand as business they would want the vids taken down.

    I hope reasonable discussion continues.

    I have no problem with anyone who disagrees with my opinion that this needs to be exposed. It’s a reasonable view to believe this will increase cheating and hurt the game. I personally think you’d be crazy to cheat now, because CG is going to crack down as much as they possibly can. We will just have to see.

    I hope you're right! I do think we'll be better off in the long run because of your vid.
  • Liath wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Well gee, as long as you won't do it, we're all safe!

    Also in McMole's video he neither mentions where to get the cheat, nor shows the cheat's name, nor shows the actual cheat, just footage from BD. So saying "more people would start using it after watching the videos" is simply wrong.

    It doesn't matter that he didn't lay out the breadcrumbs, people who learn about the possibility from the video will be able to find it themselves.

    People learned as soon as BD's video hit youtube. It's all over the forums, what more is there to hide?
  • Boros
    398 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Some of us a pend tens of thousands on this game. Even those who don’t spend, put a lot of time into this game. CG/EA shouldn’t be hiding from this. We need transparency and action. Not draconic measures.

    Do you want more ppl learning how to do it?

    It’s too late for that. Players in top guilds are already doing it in TW. CG needs to be exposed so they finally do something about this.

    I guarantee hundreds, maybe thousands of ppl who never even thought about cheating are now aware of the possibility because of the vids

    I know now its possible.. and I wont do it. I just end all cash until I am 100% confirmed this gets fixed. Hiding info isnt fixing it

    Maybe I'm worried about terrorism...should the Gov't tell us everything they're doing, and share that info with the enemy?

    It's not always easy to be transparent. And if they were it would most likely hurt you and me much more than cheaters.

    Terrorism and cheating isnt the same my friend, 1 puts lives in danger other gives unfair advantage to people with out talent
This discussion has been closed.