Thank you for GAC

Prev1
Crazygone510
1709 posts Member
edited August 2019
You guys have taken some serious criticism with matchmaking and such lately and though some of the circumstances were warranted, most were not. I haven't had more fun with Grand Arena since it's debut and I have found myself in some very close and tough matches.

I went from winning most GA's against people that were not even close before and never even bothered attacking to some outright fierce competition the past month. My final match had me against a much faster g13 DR/Malak (don't have) and JKR (don't have) with me needing a win to push to Kyber Div3.

GAC is all about strategy and not always about teams or metas but how you play your match. Some tweaks are needed here and there but this MM system you have now is much better so thank you. I wish more people actually could see the fun in losing and learning and appreciate it a little more.

Thankfully I learned from my recent last lost and played a little more differently this round and I ended up getting the W and making it to Kyber.
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    You guys have taken some serious criticism with matchmaking and such lately and though some of the circumstances were warranted, most were not. I haven't had more fun with Grand Arena since it's debut and I have found myself in some very close and tough matches.

I went from winning most GA's against people that were not even close before and never even bothered attacking to some outright fierce competition the past month. My final match had me against a much faster g13 DR/Malak (don't have) and JKR (don't have) with me needing a win to push to Kyber Div3.

GAC is all about strategy and not always about teams or metas but how you play your match. Some tweaks are needed here and there but this MM system you have now is much better so thank you. I wish more people actually could see the fun in losing and learning and appreciate it a little more.

Thankfully I learned from my recent last lost and played a little more differently this round and I ended up getting the W and making it to Kyber.

Fierce competition is amazing, all my opponent set defense and attacked, where in ga most would join and not do anything. It was a great GAC, few problems here and there but they did address it in Q&A. Biggest thing is that they are talking about changing character GP when they become 12 or 13 which should be higher so match making can work properly.

I myself only got into 1 match up where it was hands down loss with me not being able to so much. Other then that kudos to you CG
  • I was completely outmatched (usable G11/12 teams) in a stupid number of battles. I had some good battles, with really close wins and losses, and finished Aurodium, but GA went from my favorite game mode, perhaps the best thing CG has added, to another meh event :disappointed:
    Hoping next time I can get a steady stream of good opponents like the people above experienced :smile:
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Yea. They've taken the shine off Grand Arena with GAC, IMO.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Gac. Grand area- kittens
  • This is a junk competition,
    How to match,I don't have JKR & DR, but all my opponents have that..
    I can't clear any area.

• All of my battles were really close. Messaged most of the opponents and they said the same.

Matchmaking worked for me in the sense that no battle was a slaughter on either side.

My criticisms of it - are not much. Takes me around 5 minutes to set up d and maybe 10-15 to complete all battles if I defeat the opponent thoroughly. Just waiting around for the next round. But in a game that is international - totally understandable. I think the bottom 2 rewards need a little more umph but not much.

Glad they aren’t adding toons in that store so I can dedicate to farm only kyros there.

Hoping the revisions are good and comes back soon. Congrats to the top in all divisions.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Tough competitions are great, but the majority of my matches were either me getting blown away by opponents that had 2-3 more meta teams than I had, or me blowing away someone who had a couple less meta teams themselves. I had two matches that I would have considered even fights, and three more that were less even, but still close enough. This includes the one-phase exhibition round, in addition to this multi-phase round. That's not a good record.

So I think matchmaking has a ways to go. I like GAC a lot, but not when the matches are so lopsided. We shouldn't be matching up against opponents that have such a meta advantage. Either that, or they shouldn't have made the metas so overpowered relative to older toons. Actually, that last part is imperative to the overall health of the game, not just GAC. Which is why we have such stale arenas, and TWs have become a slog.
  • I think my opponents all cheated. CG’s new anti cheating system was able to ban the main account of the person that admitted to cheating... but not ban the actual cheating account. So the legitimate account is banned but the cheating account will be in the next GAC. Thank you CG for GAC.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Lol we need a boast n brag thin veil mega thread for these people

GAC sucks
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

GAC sucks

You have made a fantastic argument and I dont know how anyone can top it.

OP I completely agree that this is my favorite game mode. Here is hoping for some tweaks and refinements but Its the start of a great thing I think.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

GAC sucks

Right. Because any sign of positive attitudes or praise in this place isnt welcomed by the forum guru himself. GAC doesn't suck, just your perception.

Idk why some forumers can’t allow others to like game modes even if they don’t.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

GAC sucks

Right. Because any sign of positive attitudes or praise in this place isnt welcomed by the forum guru himself. GAC doesn't suck, just your perception.

no U...... see how that works
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019

GAC sucks

Idk why some forumers can’t allow others to like game modes even if they don’t.

your 100% allowed to like it.... does not mean it's not stupid.

OP says it's all strategy.... which it's not (for most)
    OP says it's not all about the metas... which it is (for most)
    OP went what 10/12.. 11/12/ whatever..... did he have 10 cheese matches and 1 against GOD which probably used a modifier to beat.....

Show us pics show us vids show us how awesome he is...

Post has nothing to do with his REAL appreciattion to DG and their Rollout of GAC and just a thinley veiled Brag post.... of which there should be a megathread for Beats, Brags and Variance....
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    8o2k8aoyci08.gif

Since i have the highest phys offence in world well (.gg acounts anyway). I can confirm you photo is modded or photoshopped.

(Actually to get CD on him i gotta drop offense from 6350 yo 6200’ish...

1) units just dodge its special forsight devs put on all my opponets team cause thats what happens to dkrek ;)

Kidding aside nice pic !!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    8o2k8aoyci08.gif

Since i have the highest phys offence in world well (.gg acounts anyway). I can confirm you photo is modded or photoshopped.

(Actually to get CD on him i gotta drop offense from 6350 yo 6200’ish...

1) units just dodge its special forsight devs put on all my opponets team cause thats what happens to dkrek ;)

Kidding aside nice pic !!!!

Hold on let me look for your top in the world prize..

🏆

And wrong again so that is strike 3. Have a good one.

73y47l3zcmx8.png

Its not hard bro right there for u to see

Like CNN round here
    And wrong again so that is strike 3. Have a good one.

Hard not to lol right now
  • If we consider this a public beta test with parcipitation rewards I'd say it went very well. If we consider this to be the full release of GAC 1 then I'd say it went very poorly.

Hopefully, they are taking this time to tweak the mm algorithm, reimagine the reward structure and its relation to arena, develop a stronger safeguard against cheating, and investigate community consensus on whether or not to use varying modes (3v3, ships, etc.)

Glad you enjoyed the mode and grats on Kyber.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GA(C) is one of the main reasons i'm still playing this game. My favourite game mode by far.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    .it was fun if you didnt have to face cheaters and actually learned something new about some matchups
    sadly there are a lot of guys that are still not compensated for losing vs cheaters
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    But either way, I'm done with this conversation. I'm tired of being warned by the moderators saying I'm attacking someone when in reality I'm just standing up from being accused of being a cheater by a SWGOH forum tough guy that doesn't know how to mod toons properly. I'll stick with the fine folks of reddit.

i can't believe i'm going to defend dk_rek, but he said he was kidding. There was no need to take him serious, then again there never is.
    Save water, drink champagne!