Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    That makes no sense.

    “Why can’t you find the cheaters? Here, I’ll make it harder for you.”

    Thanks for your opinion. However CG has boasted about their tools to find cheaters. So CG has all the tools and the players have none. Therefore, the only way to find a cheater would be to allow CG to use the tools they have.

    By abusing the tool they gave you?
  • So in today's bounty hunter raid when you say for completing this you will get 10 shards and then give out 5 that is not cheating? Take a look in the mirror!
  • Ultra
    7714 posts Moderator
    So in today's bounty hunter raid when you say for completing this you will get 10 shards and then give out 5 that is not cheating? Take a look in the mirror!
    The rewards displays the maximum number of shards you can get, not minimum

    its no different than simming a hard node and not getting a character shard 67% of the time
  • So in today's bounty hunter raid when you say for completing this you will get 10 shards and then give out 5 that is not cheating? Take a look in the mirror!
    Read the tab you're talking about.

    It literally says, "Possible Rewards."

    The event rolls for five shards of a random toon twice. You get ten shards when it rolls the same toon twice.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    That makes no sense.

    “Why can’t you find the cheaters? Here, I’ll make it harder for you.”

    Thanks for your opinion. However CG has boasted about their tools to find cheaters. So CG has all the tools and the players have none. Therefore, the only way to find a cheater would be to allow CG to use the tools they have.

    By abusing the tool they gave you?

    As far as I know cheating is rampant. Your attempt to stop people from reporting leads me to believe your a cheater as well and just don't want to be reported.

    You’re making no sense, and those are some pretty big accusations.

    I want cheaters to be caught. What you are suggesting is that we clog their system with reports that are fake, and assume that they can sort it out. The purpose of the player report system is so we can help catch cheaters, and if we start reporting those who don’t cheat, we aren’t helping them in any way. They don’t boast about their strategies, and they encourage us to work with them on this issue. And no, as far as you know cheating is not rampant because you don’t have those statistics.
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    That makes no sense.

    “Why can’t you find the cheaters? Here, I’ll make it harder for you.”

    Thanks for your opinion. However CG has boasted about their tools to find cheaters. So CG has all the tools and the players have none. Therefore, the only way to find a cheater would be to allow CG to use the tools they have.

    By abusing the tool they gave you?

    As far as I know cheating is rampant. Your attempt to stop people from reporting leads me to believe your a cheater as well and just don't want to be reported.

    You’re making no sense, and those are some pretty big accusations.

    I want cheaters to be caught. What you are suggesting is that we clog their system with reports that are fake, and assume that they can sort it out. The purpose of the player report system is so we can help catch cheaters, and if we start reporting those who don’t cheat, we aren’t helping them in any way. They don’t boast about their strategies, and they encourage us to work with them on this issue. And no, as far as you know cheating is not rampant because you don’t have those statistics.

    I am done arguing with a cheater who is afraid to get caught. Have a good night and please go cheat in some other game and leave this one alone.

    Well, I’m sorry that you disregarded my comment and you’re probably just trolling, but have a good night?
  • I feel like he is trolling lol.. focus reports on actual chapters not everyone who beats you. Any suggestion of that is clearly a troll.
  • Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    and you do realise that there is 1 person who has to go through all these false reports and with the amount of time it takes to investigate 1 report all you are doing is helping the cheats cheat for longer.
    if 10 people report 10 actual cheaters then they will be dealt with in no time at all where as if 1000 people report 1000 fake reports how long do you think it will take for levithian to get through all those false reports.
    well done on making finding cheaters a heck of a lot harder....
  • I'll not report each and every fight i'll loose, but if i have a bad feeling (happened once in the last GAC to me, to have a strange feeling about the Win of my opponent, especially his score), i'll do it.
    In the end, at the moment we can only check opponents rooster and speculate if he would have been able to score those points against our deff with his remaining toons he didn't place in his deff.

    It's not accurate at all, but we have nothing more actually.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • I love all the comments that CG is "doing nothing" and "doesn't care about the players, only the money". These could not be further from the truth.

    The important thing about all this is it is a client side hack to the actual battles. This is very hard to detect as it is not under CG's direct control. All the people claiming that "random seeds" and CRC checks could prevent this need to understand that the hacked APK's already closely if not perfectly replicate these checks or the game would not load properly. This form of hack prevention has been around for decades and has been "defeated" may times. The Battle log people are calling for would be limited and while it would show the low level randoms beating a maxed out DR/Malak team, it would not show the guy that just boosts the stats a little to ensure he wins. It would also depend on how much information is sent from the client after the battle. This could take a major rework to change.

    The people claiming their opponent cheated on defense need to understand how this system works, Once you set a team on defense in any "PvP" mode, the information is stored on their server. When someone chooses to attack that team the data is copied to that clients device for the battle. The only way to "cheat" is to gain access to the server and modify the files in question. Since every corporation monitors who is accessing what goes on on the server this kind of action is almost impossible to do and would be detected in seconds. If they have a redundant storage in case of critical failure (server goes offline or hard drive failure) then it would be impossible without getting to every copy and making the same modifications.

    The important things people are forgetting is that this is a big game of "cat and mouse", with the hackers selling the hacks, yes they are making money of this, and CG/EA trying to stop them. If CG comes out and tell everyone how they intend to stop cheaters, like people here are demanding, then the hackers get the advantage of know whats coming and how to beat it. Just like the cheat crystal incident a year ago, this has to be done on the quiet as giving the other side any warning give them the advantage.

    Will CG ever be able to completely eliminate the cheating, probably not but I would say they have been aware of this for as long as it has been happening and working on shutting down each hack as they occur. At the same time the hackers are doing the same, hacking the game and exploiting it until it get shut down and then repeating with a new method. As for Bulldog, he admitted hacking the game and while he may not have used the method on his main account, he does have the hack and could use it. McMole is a bit harsher but he did "promote" Bulldog's video so understandable. Darth Micro transaction didn't use any external or modifed programs to do what he showed, it was a loophole in the code that allowed it to happen. We have no idea how long it was known for and how many attempts were made to correct it, the forums seam to thing CG did nothing on this matter because they didn't announce it day one and let everyone know how to do it ..... I wonder why?

    As a solution I would recommend that anyone caught cheating be limited to "cheaters" PvP arena's/GAC as well as special cheaters guilds that only compete against other cheaters in the game. This would require a hidden tag on their accounts, locking them out of non-cheating guilds TB/TW/Raids and not effecting the non-cheating players. They can still play the game they love and interact with other players but they cannot take rewards from non-cheating players in either PvP or guild activity. This will create a fairer environment for the legit players and a place for people who use these methods to only battle or raid with others that do the same.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    I love all the comments that CG is "doing nothing" and "doesn't care about the players, only the money". These could not be further from the truth.

    The important thing about all this is it is a client side hack to the actual battles. This is very hard to detect as it is not under CG's direct control. All the people claiming that "random seeds" and CRC checks could prevent this need to understand that the hacked APK's already closely if not perfectly replicate these checks or the game would not load properly. This form of hack prevention has been around for decades and has been "defeated" may times. The Battle log people are calling for would be limited and while it would show the low level randoms beating a maxed out DR/Malak team, it would not show the guy that just boosts the stats a little to ensure he wins. It would also depend on how much information is sent from the client after the battle. This could take a major rework to change.

    The people claiming their opponent cheated on defense need to understand how this system works, Once you set a team on defense in any "PvP" mode, the information is stored on their server. When someone chooses to attack that team the data is copied to that clients device for the battle. The only way to "cheat" is to gain access to the server and modify the files in question. Since every corporation monitors who is accessing what goes on on the server this kind of action is almost impossible to do and would be detected in seconds. If they have a redundant storage in case of critical failure (server goes offline or hard drive failure) then it would be impossible without getting to every copy and making the same modifications.

    The important things people are forgetting is that this is a big game of "cat and mouse", with the hackers selling the hacks, yes they are making money of this, and CG/EA trying to stop them. If CG comes out and tell everyone how they intend to stop cheaters, like people here are demanding, then the hackers get the advantage of know whats coming and how to beat it. Just like the cheat crystal incident a year ago, this has to be done on the quiet as giving the other side any warning give them the advantage.

    Will CG ever be able to completely eliminate the cheating, probably not but I would say they have been aware of this for as long as it has been happening and working on shutting down each hack as they occur. At the same time the hackers are doing the same, hacking the game and exploiting it until it get shut down and then repeating with a new method. As for Bulldog, he admitted hacking the game and while he may not have used the method on his main account, he does have the hack and could use it. McMole is a bit harsher but he did "promote" Bulldog's video so understandable. Darth Micro transaction didn't use any external or modifed programs to do what he showed, it was a loophole in the code that allowed it to happen. We have no idea how long it was known for and how many attempts were made to correct it, the forums seam to thing CG did nothing on this matter because they didn't announce it day one and let everyone know how to do it ..... I wonder why?

    As a solution I would recommend that anyone caught cheating be limited to "cheaters" PvP arena's/GAC as well as special cheaters guilds that only compete against other cheaters in the game. This would require a hidden tag on their accounts, locking them out of non-cheating guilds TB/TW/Raids and not effecting the non-cheating players. They can still play the game they love and interact with other players but they cannot take rewards from non-cheating players in either PvP or guild activity. This will create a fairer environment for the legit players and a place for people who use these methods to only battle or raid with others that do the same.

    :o How dare you post here with your common sense + basic understanding of game mechanics, this thread is for burning people at the stake and calling anyone who disagrees with you a cheater........
    On the other hand great post and thank you for explaining it all much better than i ever could.... i did try as did many others before you too :D
  • Anyone caught cheating needs a ban. But instead we only ban innocent people cause that is what cg wants
  • Kyno
    30050 posts Moderator
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    That makes no sense.

    “Why can’t you find the cheaters? Here, I’ll make it harder for you.”

    Thanks for your opinion. However CG has boasted about their tools to find cheaters. So CG has all the tools and the players have none. Therefore, the only way to find a cheater would be to allow CG to use the tools they have.

    By abusing the tool they gave you?

    As far as I know cheating is rampant. Your attempt to stop people from reporting leads me to believe your a cheater as well and just don't want to be reported.

    Would you mind sharing what basis you have to believe that it is rampant?
  • ShawDou
    263 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I love all the comments that CG is "doing nothing" and "doesn't care about the players, only the money". These could not be further from the truth.
    ....

    Some really nice posts here, but there is one thing that i still cant get past my mind. I saw the cheating video and i remember at start of video when game was starting there was warning popup that something is not correct with game and if person really wants to start it. So game actually knew something was not right but still let person play. That i feel is major oversight.

  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Spidee wrote: »
    Since CG has done nothing to help us find cheaters in game. I suggest everyone report whoever they are matched with in GAC for every match. Cg can sort through it and find the cheaters.

    That makes no sense.

    “Why can’t you find the cheaters? Here, I’ll make it harder for you.”

    Thanks for your opinion. However CG has boasted about their tools to find cheaters. So CG has all the tools and the players have none. Therefore, the only way to find a cheater would be to allow CG to use the tools they have.

    By abusing the tool they gave you?

    As far as I know cheating is rampant. Your attempt to stop people from reporting leads me to believe your a cheater as well and just don't want to be reported.

    Would you mind sharing what basis you have to believe that it is rampant?

    I could have done this before round 3 of exibition GAC (first bracket win ever) in GA before it was 0-3 0-3 0-3 0-3 I mean it had to have been cheating right.... I can't be that bad can I (wink)
  • My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

    You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

    You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.

    But you said you have no proof. Just now. In this post.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

    You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.

    But you said you have no proof. Just now. In this post.

    I have never stated I have any actual proof, I have evidence and circumstances that support said belief. All anyone else has is a poorly made promise from a company that seems to not care enough.

    What cg does conveys information. Not to get political these are completely fiction ideas...

    President tolley wants to create world peace, keeps talking about it. So he goes out and burns a country. Then steps out and talks more about world peace.

    Cgs actions will always speak louder then their words and their actions have spoken loudly enough to convey the message that annoys me.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I love all the comments that CG is "doing nothing" and "doesn't care about the players, only the money". These could not be further from the truth.

    .

    Sigh, the current issue really stinks and I wish there was an actual way to stop what they are doing off server.

    That said what stoopid said I mean cmon we were PRAISING Lucifer about finally stomping out the illegal crystal purchases ( I really hope was permanent), over 1.5 years ago we nailed a cheater in our ship shard (yeah it's been going on for a while)

    I mean the guy works hard, does his thing.... we report someone they either get caught or we were wrong. I feel for the guy because there is going to be an insane amount of people reporting people who the majority of which will not be cheating (BUT SOME WILL BE) and over time a lot of them will be filtered out "hopefully".

    The best of the best of the cheaters will probably never be caught... it stinks but odds are WE will never even notice.

    So as players we need to do the absolute best to report any suspicious activity "police ourselves" yeah it might stink but in the end it's better for the game.

    Again situation currently stinks... but man cmon ya'll can't be sayin ppl like Luciferdaddy don't do nuthin. Guy prob works his tail off.
  • Nihion
    3213 posts Member
    B, not B)
  • For all the flaws that CG showed during this Cheatergate I can only say that they did their job investigating a player I reported and I got compensated after he was found guilty.
    All in all prevention is still an issue, but at least they're actively banning them.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    dcbfan wrote: »
    So, cheating will continue for now! This is why I wont be competing until it is actually fixed. CG is just looking at the money they are losing, instead of fixing the cheating problem. If they cant program battle logs into the game within a month. They need to get some new programmers. If Boeing can reprogram a whole fleet of planes in a month. I'm sure CG should be able to add battle logs in that time frame. I WAS 1 THAT CALLED FOR CARRIES FIRING AND NOW I THINK LUCAS NEEDS TO FIRE CG.

    1) The likelihood that you were a victim of cheating is very low

    2) The likelihood that you will be a victim of cheating is (surprise) also very low

    3) We don't know that Carrie was fired. Suggesting you somehow deserve credit for that is... odd? Yeah, we'll go with "odd".

    4) Wow, you're so right. Boeing and CG are totally comparable companies with comparable resources and revenue. Airplanes crashing with multiple casualties are definitely the same thing as you (potentially) losing to a player who is cheating. Thanks for weighing in, Columbo
  • Kyno
    30050 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    My basis for it being rampant is based on cgs response, while I have no proof the evidence is still there and is more evidence supporting my cause then any other cause.

    You are talking to a troll trying to make rational thinking out to look like a bunch of ****. It's like a political supporter starts supporting the other candidate and blatantly making it seem like he is an uneducated hick while defending the politician they dont actually support.

    But you said you have no proof. Just now. In this post.

    I have never stated I have any actual proof,....

    Then please stop stating it as a fact.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    dcbfan wrote: »
    So, cheating will continue for now! This is why I wont be competing until it is actually fixed. CG is just looking at the money they are losing, instead of fixing the cheating problem. If they cant program battle logs into the game within a month. They need to get some new programmers. If Boeing can reprogram a whole fleet of planes in a month. I'm sure CG should be able to add battle logs in that time frame. I WAS 1 THAT CALLED FOR CARRIES FIRING AND NOW I THINK LUCAS NEEDS TO FIRE CG.

    and while they are doing that... PVE content pushed back farther and farther, new raid, maybe ship raid farther and farther..

    I suck at GAC anyway and would lose even if people were not cheating.... so literally nothing changes for me.... so personally I dont' want people cheating but I can deal with EA/CG figuring that out on their own....so let's get to the PVE content.....SHIP RAIIIIID...... still think personal raid would be the best

    (and I get all the great awesome kyber kings are the ones prob hurt the most by this....but how much sympathy are they gonna get from the guy getting 0-3 trash 1-3 trash rewards when even when losing to a cheater they still finishing 2-3 getting zetas and lots of slicing mats.... nope don't care)
This discussion has been closed.