Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

  • I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

    Same problem that Facebook and Twitter have. Because someone makes a statement about about a suspect person, doesn't mean diddley squat without supporting facts. I mean look what happened with the 2016 election results. People stupidly believed every negative thing said about one candidate and same people stupidly believed every positive thing said about her opponent.

    I dont know bulldog. I personally have no idea if hes a cheater or not, but in the absence of facts that say otherwise, I'm not going to come on here and say, "reinstate bulldog", when I have no reliable information. CG has data (facts) that say otherwise and I have no reliable information to dispute that at this point.

    Frankly speaking anything CG and players can do to eliminate cheaters is good news to hear. And about whether the person with the Palp lead squad is deliberately trying to get get rated lower, who knows. I've got my own issues to deal with.

    It's TRUE you shouldn't randomly beleive a statement without any supporting facts.
    Like covington boys look up the details then you can decide if what you are being told is actually true.

    Like how people believed that cheating was stopped whenever that has been said in the past even though there was no supporting evidence. Some people questioned this official narrative and exposed it to be a lie or at a minimum extremely misleading. Yet...you support the silencing of the people who exposed the proof that cheating is not being stopped because you were again told the silencing was done in the name of combating cheating.

    While I have you here did you know if you breathe my bagged health air you will live to 100 years old. Send 0.0023 BTC to me and I will send you a bag of health air.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

    Same problem that Facebook and Twitter have. Because someone makes a statement about about a suspect person, doesn't mean diddley squat without supporting facts. I mean look what happened with the 2016 election results. People stupidly believed every negative thing said about one candidate and same people stupidly believed every positive thing said about her opponent.

    I dont know bulldog. I personally have no idea if hes a cheater or not, but in the absence of facts that say otherwise, I'm not going to come on here and say, "reinstate bulldog", when I have no reliable information. CG has data (facts) that say otherwise and I have no reliable information to dispute that at this point.

    Frankly speaking anything CG and players can do to eliminate cheaters is good news to hear. And about whether the person with the Palp lead squad is deliberately trying to get get rated lower, who knows. I've got my own issues to deal with.

    It's TRUE you shouldn't randomly beleive a statement without any supporting facts.
    Like covington boys look up the details then you can decide if what you are being told is actually true.

    Like how people believed that cheating was stopped whenever that has been said in the past even though there was no supporting evidence. Some people questioned this official narrative and exposed it to be a lie or at a minimum extremely misleading. Yet...you support the silencing of the people who exposed the proof that cheating is not being stopped because you were again told the silencing was done in the name of combating cheating.

    While I have you here did you know if you breathe my bagged health air you will live to 100 years old. Send 0.0023 BTC to me and I will send you a bag of health air.

    I wonder where that post when CG announced cheating has now been fully stopped and we should rejoice is. It feels rewriting a past that never happened.
  • It's TRUE you shouldn't randomly beleive a statement without any supporting facts.
    Like covington boys look up the details then you can decide if what you are being told is actually true.

    Like how people believed that cheating was stopped whenever that has been said in the past even though there was no supporting evidence. Some people questioned this official narrative and exposed it to be a lie or at a minimum extremely misleading. Yet...you support the silencing of the people who exposed the proof that cheating is not being stopped because you were again told the silencing was done in the name of combating cheating.

    While I have you here did you know if you breathe my bagged health air you will live to 100 years old. Send 0.0023 BTC to me and I will send you a bag of health air.
    There was NEVER a post that "cheating was stopped." That's not how games work. Anti-cheating measures are mitigation, not complete elimination.

    CG has said they've implemented new anti-cheating measures and policies. They've said they've increased man-hours allocated toward anti-cheating. They said they've increased their catch rate.

    They have NEVER said they have completely eliminated cheating. And they never will, because that's not an achievable goal, nor a remotely sane expectation from the community.
    Still not a he.
  • We announced a series of efforts to root out cheaters prior to the launch of Grand Arena Championship:
    Increased surveillance of leaderboard and battle data
    A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters
    A new suite of data points and detection tools
    Additional team member hours allocated to the detection and eradication efforts

    This is worse than saying they stopped all cheating. This post actually says they have allocated more resources to stopping it, yet it was proven in the videos that they accomplished nothing. Now they have launched a new GAC with still no battle log and no idea how to stop cheaters. This should be fun. Not.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    We announced a series of efforts to root out cheaters prior to the launch of Grand Arena Championship:
    Increased surveillance of leaderboard and battle data
    A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters
    A new suite of data points and detection tools
    Additional team member hours allocated to the detection and eradication efforts

    This is worse than saying they stopped all cheating. This post actually says they have allocated more resources to stopping it, yet it was proven in the videos that they accomplished nothing. Now they have launched a new GAC with still no battle log and no idea how to stop cheaters. This should be fun. Not.

    It was not -proven they accomplished nothing-. The reverse isn't proven either. Say if they implement battle logs (I think and I support them to do so) and a video then comes out someone is still cheating, would that also prove they accomplished nothing? This is loopy logic.

    The only thing that would put a full stop to cheating is to completely revamp the game and make it all server side. How good or bad state we are in right now is all perceptional. This perception was much different before bulldogs video, but the situation itself wasn't.

    Here's an anectodal evidence though, I'll tell it at my own expense as it's rather shameful. Someone from my guild that has placed high in GAc exhibition season was banned a few days ago...much after the leaderboard standings are browsable. Completely insivible to anyone but my own bunch...while the rhetoric -they do nothing- is the perception at large.
  • leef wrote: »

    ..... they are evidence cause
    1. it was the first thing they did. Instead of trying to solve the cheating they censored the media.
    2 . You are right they never promoted cheating, the ban was purely made up with that lie so to ignore the real reason they were banned.

    Just out of curiousity, what do you think the effect of vids showing how "easy" it is to cheat have on the amount of players that will (try to) cheat? Isn't it common sense that it will increase? So taking the vids down ASAP is the right course of action regardless.
    I get the whole putting the pressure on the devs argument, which is arguably true, but creating a bigger problem because it puts more pressure on the people who have to fix it is probably not the best way to go about it.

    I don’t necessarily agree it’s common sense. While my hope was they would devote resources to fix it long term, in the short term I don’t think the effect is so clear. I think you’d be crazy to start cheating now when the community is demanding the devs clean up cheating. I feel I could just as easily argue that cheaters will go into hiding for the near future and try to lay low. Maybe even scared straight if they have a lot of time invested into the account. I’m not saying you are certainly wrong, I just disagree it’s common sense that cheating will immediately go up.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    We announced a series of efforts to root out cheaters prior to the launch of Grand Arena Championship:
    Increased surveillance of leaderboard and battle data
    A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters
    A new suite of data points and detection tools
    Additional team member hours allocated to the detection and eradication efforts

    This is worse than saying they stopped all cheating. This post actually says they have allocated more resources to stopping it, yet it was proven in the videos that they accomplished nothing. Now they have launched a new GAC with still no battle log and no idea how to stop cheaters. This should be fun. Not.

    It was not -proven they accomplished nothing-. The reverse isn't proven either. Say if they implement battle logs (I think and I support them to do so) and a video then comes out someone is still cheating, would that also prove they accomplished nothing? This is loopy logic.

    The only thing that would put a full stop to cheating is to completely revamp the game and make it all server side. How good or bad state we are in right now is all perceptional. This perception was much different before bulldogs video, but the situation itself wasn't.

    Here's an anectodal evidence though, I'll tell it at my own expense as it's rather shameful. Someone from my guild that has placed high in GAc exhibition season was banned a few days ago...much after the leaderboard standings are browsable. Completely insivible to anyone but my own bunch...while the rhetoric -they do nothing- is the perception at large.

    The creation of a much needed battle log would be a tangible, physical thing they could and should do. Would it stop all cheating, obviously not. They have said themselves that they rely on the community to help them catch cheaters but give us no tools to find those cheaters.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    We announced a series of efforts to root out cheaters prior to the launch of Grand Arena Championship:
    Increased surveillance of leaderboard and battle data
    A zero tolerance policy for those identified as cheaters
    A new suite of data points and detection tools
    Additional team member hours allocated to the detection and eradication efforts

    This is worse than saying they stopped all cheating. This post actually says they have allocated more resources to stopping it, yet it was proven in the videos that they accomplished nothing. Now they have launched a new GAC with still no battle log and no idea how to stop cheaters. This should be fun. Not.

    It was not -proven they accomplished nothing-. The reverse isn't proven either. Say if they implement battle logs (I think and I support them to do so) and a video then comes out someone is still cheating, would that also prove they accomplished nothing? This is loopy logic.

    The only thing that would put a full stop to cheating is to completely revamp the game and make it all server side. How good or bad state we are in right now is all perceptional. This perception was much different before bulldogs video, but the situation itself wasn't.

    Here's an anectodal evidence though, I'll tell it at my own expense as it's rather shameful. Someone from my guild that has placed high in GAc exhibition season was banned a few days ago...much after the leaderboard standings are browsable. Completely insivible to anyone but my own bunch...while the rhetoric -they do nothing- is the perception at large.

    The creation of a much needed battle log would be a tangible, physical thing they could and should do. Would it stop all cheating, obviously not. They have said themselves that they rely on the community to help them catch cheaters but give us no tools to find those cheaters.

    Well...I fully agree, it's the least they can do.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    Anyone else find it ironic bulldog1205 got a lifetime ban from the game for being a danger to the community by promoting cheating techniques, but he is still on forums posting freely... I'm not saying they should ban him but if he really was such a toxic bad guy hell bent on destroying the community and the game why would they let him have a forum account and dm or post on here? Just thought it was very ironic

    Because he could make another account. And another. And another. Whereas in game the longer you keep an account, the more valuable that account becomes. Banning a 5 mil account is pretty devastating.

    Obviously but if they worried that he is perpetuating cheating he can still easily do that on here...

    Meh like em or not those guys make informative vids that help people in game... many who wont poast but will check out utoobs for advice. They are good for the longevity of the game and should be seen as +EV even if some ppl hate to hate. Now to the vid that got him banned if it promotes change for the betterment of the game ya’ll should be thanking him.

    I think a lotta ppl live in a bubble and do not realize the benefits of strat videos online....

    Heck 4-5 videos posted by anyone is prob more strategy than we have seen on this forum in months
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

    ..... they are evidence cause
    1. it was the first thing they did. Instead of trying to solve the cheating they censored the media.
    2 . You are right they never promoted cheating, the ban was purely made up with that lie so to ignore the real reason they were banned.

    Just out of curiousity, what do you think the effect of vids showing how "easy" it is to cheat have on the amount of players that will (try to) cheat? Isn't it common sense that it will increase? So taking the vids down ASAP is the right course of action regardless.
    I get the whole putting the pressure on the devs argument, which is arguably true, but creating a bigger problem because it puts more pressure on the people who have to fix it is probably not the best way to go about it.

    I don’t necessarily agree it’s common sense. While my hope was they would devote resources to fix it long term, in the short term I don’t think the effect is so clear. I think you’d be crazy to start cheating now when the community is demanding the devs clean up cheating. I feel I could just as easily argue that cheaters will go into hiding for the near future and try to lay low. Maybe even scared straight if they have a lot of time invested into the account. I’m not saying you are certainly wrong, I just disagree it’s common sense that cheating will immediately go up.

    This
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    So, did we get any new coded client that can detect cheaters? No!

    Did we get another messup from CG on day one of the GA? Of course!

    I honestly have no clue why i keep playing this game. Everything that made this game great for me is gone. Malaks total superiority, cheating in tw and ga, the kyrotech pieces and the entitled CG staff that think they deserve spendings in the thousands for the crap the give us in the last 2 years.

    The game doesn’t get better if you just release better stuff and don’t do anything against cheaters. It gets imbalanced and unplayable.
  • That guy completed malak event in less than 10 seconds. Cheats ?

  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

    ..... they are evidence cause
    1. it was the first thing they did. Instead of trying to solve the cheating they censored the media.
    2 . You are right they never promoted cheating, the ban was purely made up with that lie so to ignore the real reason they were banned.

    Just out of curiousity, what do you think the effect of vids showing how "easy" it is to cheat have on the amount of players that will (try to) cheat? Isn't it common sense that it will increase? So taking the vids down ASAP is the right course of action regardless.
    I get the whole putting the pressure on the devs argument, which is arguably true, but creating a bigger problem because it puts more pressure on the people who have to fix it is probably not the best way to go about it.

    I don’t necessarily agree it’s common sense. While my hope was they would devote resources to fix it long term, in the short term I don’t think the effect is so clear. I think you’d be crazy to start cheating now when the community is demanding the devs clean up cheating. I feel I could just as easily argue that cheaters will go into hiding for the near future and try to lay low. Maybe even scared straight if they have a lot of time invested into the account. I’m not saying you are certainly wrong, I just disagree it’s common sense that cheating will immediately go up.

    You can argue that cheaters will go into hiding, but that's atleast partly due to ea/cg's reaction to your vid, which funny enough includes taking down the vid.
    The vid alone just shows how "easy" it suposedly is to cheat and get away with it. The player outrage isn't going to catch or deter cheaters. The actions ea/cg may or may not have taken because of the vid and consequent outrage are still up for debate, atleast that's what happning in this thread. Some say they're doing nothing because they don't care, some say they were already taking cheating serious prior to the vid and some say that the vid made it harder to cheat and get away with it.
    Besides all that, it's obviously in ea/cg's best interrest to not have any vids out there with thousands of views that show blatant and seemingly without risk cheating in their game. You can argue that they just don't want people to know because that way they can get away with not caring about cheaters, but i think it's fair to say that ain't it.
    In conclusion, leaving vids like yours up will imo most likely lead to more cheating instead of less. I honestly feel like you actually agree with me on that. Even in the best case scenario from your perspective i can only assume the vid would always have been taken down eventually, by the devs or by you once it served it's purpose.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I HATE how they treated this issue. Personally I have yet dealt with one. But the way they handled this issue. I didnt think cheating was a thing, same with fallout 76. I worked my but off in 1 week to get to level 100.. but some people were running around with 250 levels I just assumed they had worked even harder perhaps they didnt have a job to go to.

    My buddies all caught up to me in 1 day when they were so far behind. Something with infinite weight glitch with creating infinite grenades gives tons of exp just sitting there.

    I felt like the game was cheap and I gave it up. The idea cheats existed in a game frustrated me.

    Here not only is there cheats but I believe cg did every single move wrong. From the removal of information and the bans. Then now they are about to take break number 2 and still I hear nothing to confirm Jack about what the plan is, I am being kept in the dark as is the community and i hate that.

    I dont feel upset about me spending money.. I love my alpha from week 1 to have him 7 stars and g12. I just know my paltry cash flow is nothing to the millions I keep hearing that cg is making.

    I came into this discussion thinking I was a whale demanding something so they better listen and resolve it or lose my whale money, when clearly I am not even close to a whale, for a company to need to make a million they would need at least 10k of me spending this kind of money so I am so low on the totem pole that cg is like "oh no the poor 300 dollars. I guess we will not be able to use 3 100 dollar Bill's ad toilet paper this month, oh my whatever shall we do" you get my point, I just give up. I obviously am not a big shot I am just a lowly spender who shouldnt be demanding something from them.
    *sigh*

    Being frustrated is a reasonable reaction.

    Being upset at CG because cheating exists, or you were ignorant of it, or because they banned someone for cheating and promoting cheating? That is not a reasonable reaction.

    You say you were happier not knowing about cheating. However, unless you're brand new to online gaming, I assure you it was not because there were no cheaters in those other games. It is because you were ignorant of the cheating that was going on. And that is one of the anti-cheating measures in online gaming.

    Whether it's aim assist or visual hacks, cheating is a fact of life for online gaming. While game devs across the industry do their best to combat this, it's a fight to reduce cheating, not to prevent it, because no matter what measures they put in place, it only takes one hacker figuring out a method one time to get past any anti-cheating measure and they can distribute their crack, bringing the cheating problem back. Thus, anti-cheating measures are continuously evolving.

    Part of those anti-cheating measures is always managing information. One of the most basic methods of mitigating cheating is reducing the number of people who know how to cheat or who are motivated to go figure out how to cheat. That means suppressing information.

    You do not have the right to know everything. What's more, you especially don't have the right to know what measures they're taking and when because you can do literally nothing good with that information, while announcing things like that would be telling the hackers what they have to contend with and when, letting them crack the next wave of anti-cheating measures faster and increasing the amount of cheating in the game.

    As for Bulldog? Most people who are willing to cheat do not for one of three reasons. Either they do not know how, they think it's too much effort, or they're afraid of being caught. Regardless of intent, Bulldog's video had a message of, "Cheating is easy. You probably won't get caught. And here is enough information about how to cheat that you can figure the rest out yourself."

    That video's existence by its nature increases the amount of cheating, and is a huge violation of the ToS. Having it removed and banning Bulldog were both appropriate actions for a studio that is actually serious about cheating.
    Still not a he.
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    You can argue with the tos all you want, you can say he should have informed cg first. Fact is that those content creators are worth millions of dollars to cg. They excite people for new content and do it better than most commercials.

    It is a pretty dumb move to alienate those Catalysts. If ahnaldt quits streaming this game will suffer a drop in revenue in the millions.

    This never would have happened if there was a more trustful relationship between the community and cg.
  • TVF
    25123 posts Member
    Jamm wrote: »
    It is a pretty dumb move to alienate those Catalysts. If ahnaldt quits streaming this game will suffer a drop in revenue in the millions.

    I'd be willing to cover that gap.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Most cheating detection isn't that difficult and it isn't that difficult to code IMO. They should create a comprehensive text combat log that records team comp, character speed, turn, skill, damage, etc then allow us to view that log and copy/paste it. In a short period of time, 3rd party tools will likely pop up that verify said logs. The coding on their end requires very minimal graphic updates and the logs themselves aren't going to be very large.

    The second change I would make is to CRC/checksum the game client then send that checksum on some random event such as a timer or accessing a store. If the CRC/checksum doesn't line up, flag the account as suspicious and monitor. It is likely any hacked apk or similar won't even notice the extra packet and since it isn't tied to the actual combat won't find it easily.

    A hardcore hacker can bypass all this but the effort quickly outweighs any gains. The point isn't to create an invulnerable system but to make it not worth the effort. I suspect if both these systems were in place today, hacking/cheating would be incredibly minimal.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Most cheating detection isn't that difficult and it isn't that difficult to code IMO. They should create a comprehensive text combat log that records team comp, character speed, turn, skill, damage, etc then allow us to view that log and copy/paste it. In a short period of time, 3rd party tools will likely pop up that verify said logs. The coding on their end requires very minimal graphic updates and the logs themselves aren't going to be very large.

    The second change I would make is to CRC/checksum the game client then send that checksum on some random event such as a timer or accessing a store. If the CRC/checksum doesn't line up, flag the account as suspicious and monitor. It is likely any hacked apk or similar won't even notice the extra packet and since it isn't tied to the actual combat won't find it easily.

    A hardcore hacker can bypass all this but the effort quickly outweighs any gains. The point isn't to create an invulnerable system but to make it not worth the effort.

    I suspect if both these systems were in place today, hacking/cheating would be incredibly minimal.

    Like it is now?

    Like it is now? What are you talking about? If u think it is like this now where can we find these combats logs he mentions?
  • Straegen wrote: »
    Most cheating detection isn't that difficult and it isn't that difficult to code IMO. They should create a comprehensive text combat log that records team comp, character speed, turn, skill, damage, etc then allow us to view that log and copy/paste it. In a short period of time, 3rd party tools will likely pop up that verify said logs. The coding on their end requires very minimal graphic updates and the logs themselves aren't going to be very large.

    The second change I would make is to CRC/checksum the game client then send that checksum on some random event such as a timer or accessing a store. If the CRC/checksum doesn't line up, flag the account as suspicious and monitor. It is likely any hacked apk or similar won't even notice the extra packet and since it isn't tied to the actual combat won't find it easily.

    A hardcore hacker can bypass all this but the effort quickly outweighs any gains. The point isn't to create an invulnerable system but to make it not worth the effort. I suspect if both these systems were in place today, hacking/cheating would be incredibly minimal.
    You literally cannot make it not worth the effort. To the hobby hacker, the challenge is the reward. And once that crack exists, it spreads and you need to change the system in order to beat it. Repeat ad infinitum. What you can do is slow the development of the crack and mitigate its spread by suppressing information.

    Fact of the matter is cheating ain't the pervasive issue people are making it out to be right now. It's just the panic of the moment.
    Still not a he.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is cheating ain't the pervasive issue people are making it out to be right now. It's just the panic of the moment.

    I would love to see your data on this showing it’s not as pervasive as we all think. Unless you work for CG, you have no clue how much hacking is really going on.

    Everyone thought the issue with Facebook, Twitter and other social media was not that bad and we discovered it’s worse than thought with us banning over 300 bogus accounts made in support of mainland China putting up anti-Hong Kong posts.

    Hackers are all over, some do it for political gain, attention, boredom, or to just plain cheat. Keep reporting stuff that does not look right and let Leviathan and Lucifersdaddy sort it out. The only thing I am confident with saying is I do believe no one has hacked EA/CG servers to cheat on defense or any other portion of data like credits and crystals and payouts. I am pretty confident their MDF/IDF and game servers are as secure and up to date with current corporate security system protocols.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I'm just a player and also an adult, been playing this game 2 1/2 years, a Guild Leader and old enough to know when someone without proof makes a statement that's controversial I dont blindly take their word for it.

    Same problem that Facebook and Twitter have. Because someone makes a statement about about a suspect person, doesn't mean diddley squat without supporting facts. I mean look what happened with the 2016 election results. People stupidly believed every negative thing said about one candidate and same people stupidly believed every positive thing said about her opponent.

    I dont know bulldog. I personally have no idea if hes a cheater or not, but in the absence of facts that say otherwise, I'm not going to come on here and say, "reinstate bulldog", when I have no reliable information. CG has data (facts) that say otherwise and I have no reliable information to dispute that at this point.

    Frankly speaking anything CG and players can do to eliminate cheaters is good news to hear. And about whether the person with the Palp lead squad is deliberately trying to get get rated lower, who knows. I've got my own issues to deal with.

    Wikipedia - List of Fallacies

  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Here's one thing I can say, banned accounts doesn't get deleted or reseted. At least the one I know of, it got frozen at the moment of the ban and still browsable as an ally.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    need that battle recap still, anyone know if its on the way? Would be great to be able to see what was used to beat squads ect.
  • yeah now players gonna be reporting other players for cheating for no reason just so that they can get banned i don't think this was a good idea lol
This discussion has been closed.