Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Abuse is the Keyword. Using in a way that isn't intended. While I believe setting 1 unbeatable team on defense is a legitimate strategy, the shard abuse is an exploit. Exploiting in many games is a bannable offense.
  • No_Try
    3532 posts Member
    Sickarma wrote: »
    That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Abuse is the Keyword. Using in a way that isn't intended. While I believe setting 1 unbeatable team on defense is a legitimate strategy, the shard abuse is an exploit. Exploiting in many games is a bannable offense.

It's not a bannable offense in this game and it's not considered an exploit either. See, we have a sub forum right within the official forums in order to establish shard chat contact.
  • Sickarma wrote: »

Shard chats are completely fine, IMO. If two opponents want to nerf their defenses? Sure let them. I don't care.

They shouldn't be able to use game mechanics to ruin someone elses attack though.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    669 posts Member
    edited September 9
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Shard chats are completely fine, IMO. If two opponents want to nerf their defenses? Sure let them. I don't care.

They shouldn't be able to use game mechanics to ruin someone elses attack though.

But it's a mechanic that's in the game... your beef isn't with the players doing this stuff it's with the game maker. You cant expect people to not sabotage you if the game allows a sabotage to occur.

That's not abuse or exploiting, it's just someone doing something you dont like.
    Calling for bans because people performed allowed actions in the game is as ridiculous as asking for a ban for using hound tooth because you cant kill it.

I abuse overpowered characters and get 63 point wins and put my avg up to over 60 and win ga even if they full clear me.

I set gg on D because half the time the buttons disappear and you get a free win.

should I get banned for abusing the game mechanics to ruin your attacks and ruin your defenses?

Or does that make me a good player?

Perspective I guess....
  • Just got straight up swindled in gac and honestly, if they can't get the cheating under control I'm done with this nonsense. 64 banner fight against a g13 GG droids team. Sure, report him but here I am still left ******. Awesome
  • COlLusIoN!!!!!
  • YetiYeti wrote: »

But it's a mechanic that's in the game... your beef isn't with the players doing this stuff it's with the game maker. You cant expect people to not sabotage you if the game allows a sabotage to occur.

That's not abuse or exploiting, it's just someone doing something you dont like.
    Calling for bans because people performed allowed actions in the game is as ridiculous as asking for a ban for using hound tooth because you cant kill it.

I abuse overpowered characters and get 63 point wins and put my avg up to over 60 and win ga even if they full clear me.

I set gg on D because half the time the buttons disappear and you get a free win.

should I get banned for abusing the game mechanics to ruin your attacks and ruin your defenses?

Perspective I guess....

No, I'm not saying they should get banned. I'm saying that the Game should correct this mechanic so that it cannot be used to **** on peoples experiences.

All it does is ruins someone elses enjoyment of the game mode. Or are you not a good enough player to beat someone without abusing the scoring system?
  • BobcatSkywalker
    669 posts Member
    edited September 11

Perspective I guess....

No, I'm not saying they should get banned. I'm saying that the Game should correct this mechanic so that it cannot be used to **** on peoples experiences.

All it does is ruins someone elses enjoyment of the game mode. Or are you not a good enough player to beat someone without abusing the scoring system?

Others above have said ban above. I play for max points and winning, you can call it abusing scoring or exploiting or whatever you want but go start a complaint thread this post is supposed to be about actual cheating which is doing things that the game doesn't allow like increasing offense to 1000% with a apk mod.

If something in scoring gives me an edge I'll use it, if a team is broken and caused a game crash on D I'll use it. It's not that I'm not good enough to beat them without it but if they also put it on D then I'm sabotaged too.

Look anything the game allows (game mechanics) is fair to do learn the bugs, either wai or not (how to make toons interact to be stronger) and you will be a better player.

Edit for clarity. I'm not endorsing cheating at all cheaters should be banned if they can be proven cheaters but we need to differentiate between cheating and doing things the game allows that people someone like.
    Post edited by BobcatSkywalker on
  • Drazhar
    697 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Well, I've faced a couple cheaters in GA. They clearly didn't have the resources to face my teams, but they did nonetheless, clearly using the boosted HP and/or damage cheat (which I won't mention, because we all know how they do). Absolutely nothing was done to address them, even if I reported them both in-game and here. Looks like losing customers for silly pay to play stuff is OK but banning a cheater is something they need to think about for quite a long time. We don't want to accidentally ban whales that also need to cheat.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Well, I've faced a couple cheaters in GA. They clearly didn't have the resources to face my teams, but they did nonetheless, clearly using the boosted HP and/or damage cheat (which I won't mention, because we all know how they do). Absolutely nothing was done to address them, even if I reported them both in-game and here. Looks like losing customers for silly pay to play stuff is OK but banning a cheater is something they need to think about for quite a long time. We don't want to accidentally ban whales that also need to cheat.

There are also way to many people that don't know what possible is and what isn't.
    I got one that reported me and he believed that g12 5dot teams can't beat g13 6dot teams.
    Even told him the teams and he didn't believe it. Everyone should learn hard-counters as there homework.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

There are also way to many people that don't know what possible is and what isn't.
    I got one that reported me and he believed that g12 5dot teams can't beat g13 6dot teams.
    Even told him the teams and he didn't believe it. Everyone should learn hard-counters as there homework.

Hi

How do you know he reports you? In this case, are we notificated?
  • Riveedan wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

Hi

How do you know he reports you? In this case, are we notificated?

I think so. CubsFanHan knew it as well as he got reported.
  • YetiYeti
    116 posts Member
    It's pretty clear that CG plan to do nothing about the cheating issues, or punishing people using the cheat program.

The guy who cheated against DBOfficial never got banned despite defying the possible.