Kyros should be 700 for 50 not 25.

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I used 1st place finish as the baseline for several reasons. First (pun fully intended) most active players - the ones on the forums can finish near the top. Maybe not every meta, but consistently enough.

Second, the .001% is really strong hyperbole. There are more than 24 payout slots in each arena. Each arena is populated by a maximum of 20k players, a significant number of whom don't play daily if they didn't quit already

All fair points, though I think it’s a bit of stretch to say just because mobility in the top 50 is possible that everyone in the top 50 is even remotely likely to be attaining rank 1. My server’s top 5 literally haven’t been bumped for years.

Are you saying only five people have made it to first in your shard in that time? We have way more people that do it daily, let alone over years time, when some people rise up for a while and then fall back down for various reasons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you saying only five people have made it to first in your shard in that time? We have way more people that do it daily, let alone over years time, when some people rise up for a while and then fall back down for various reasons.

I suppose I don’t check the top ranks every day, but astonishingly I can confirm that every time I have looked in the past two years or so it’s been the same dude in first.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Are you looking at the same time every day?

Also you misquoted there, I said that, not Nik.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I suppose I don’t check the top ranks every day, but astonishingly I can confirm that every time I have looked in the past two years or so it’s been the same dude in first.

I believe this is very common in newer shards because extreme spenders can get certain squads light-years before the other, new players can. Imagine having to face Darth Revan when you only have CLS, and of course a whale is most likely going to have much faster mods than you too
  • TVF wrote: »
    Are you looking at the same time every day?

Also you misquoted there, I said that, not Nik.

Dude some people just don't have any competition in the top, it's a thing
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I believe this is very common in newer shards because extreme spenders can get certain squads light-years before the other, new players can. Imagine having to face Darth Revan when you only have CLS, and of course a whale is most likely going to have much faster mods than you too

He's saying it's been that way for years, so, probably not a newer shard....

There is absolutely no way that the top 5 haven't been bumped for years, that makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    In my (old) shard, there's a world of difference between, say, top 50 and top 10 - 15. While I agree that whoever can get to top 50 can get to top 20 as well, the very top is full of all-G13 DR/DM squads with god mods and pretty much impenetrable.
  • I don't think some people here realize the struggle to save enough crystals to buy those g13 pieces when you only place in the top 50. While also having to keep up with the farms for Malak, TB characters, etc. They just think everyone's a whiny child who won't grow up. This is why the community is so divided
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't think some people here realize the struggle to save enough crystals to buy those g13 pieces when you only place in the top 50. While also having to keep up with the farms for Malak, TB characters, etc. They just think everyone's a whiny child who won't grow up. This is why the community is so divided

Everyone is in the same boat, other than money spent. And spenders need an advantage or they won't spend.

Newer players have a ton of farming choices to make, so I have sympthathy for them. How much effort do they put into shards, and how much into gear?

Older players should have most things farmed at this point. Or at least, most things worth farming. I don't have Krennic farmed. But I have no reason to. So I throw 5 sims a day at two different hard farms, then put everything else to either Kyro or Finishers.

300 crystals a day to do 3 refreshes each of normal and mod energy is not that much to expect for anyone serious about competing. Especially since most fleet shards are way less competitive and 300-400 crystals a day from fleet is reasonable for most players.
    I don't think some people here realize the struggle to save enough crystals to buy those g13 pieces when you only place in the top 50. While also having to keep up with the farms for Malak, TB characters, etc. They just think everyone's a whiny child who won't grow up. This is why the community is so divided

Everyone is in the same boat, other than money spent. And spenders need an advantage or they won't spend.

Newer players have a ton of farming choices to make, so I have sympthathy for them. How much effort do they put into shards, and how much into gear?

Older players should have most things farmed at this point. Or at least, most things worth farming. I don't have Krennic farmed. But I have no reason to. So I throw 5 sims a day at two different hard farms, then put everything else to either Kyro or Finishers.

300 crystals a day to do 3 refreshes each of normal and mod energy is not that much to expect for anyone serious about competing. Especially since most fleet shards are way less competitive and 300-400 crystals a day from fleet is reasonable for most players.

Yeah dude 3 except someone who finishes at the top has all those crystals for refreshes AND a ton more to save, it just doesn't compare
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Yeah dude 3 except someone who finishes at the top has all those crystals for refreshes AND a ton more to save, it just doesn't compare

My point was any long time player has the ability to farm Kyro or Finishers with normal energy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I used 1st place finish as the baseline for several reasons. First (pun fully intended) most active players - the ones on the forums can finish near the top. Maybe not every meta, but consistently enough.

Second, the .001% is really strong hyperbole. There are more than 24 payout slots in each arena. Each arena is populated by a maximum of 20k players, a significant number of whom don't play daily if they didn't quit already

All fair points, though I think it’s a bit of stretch to say just because mobility in the top 50 is possible that everyone in the top 50 is even remotely likely to be attaining rank 1. My server’s top 5 literally haven’t been bumped for years.

Even if we say 50th is basically the same as 1st, and give a pretty conservative estimate that there’s only 2,000 active players per server, we’re still only talking 1 in 40 people or 2.5% of the population.

Such a baseline might be accurate on the forums, but I wouldn’t use it to analyze the state of the game as a whole.

You forget that there are 24+ payout slots (there are some on the half hours too) in both arena everyday (not just 1 in each), so the percentages of people on an arena shard earning top payouts are actually much higher.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I believe this is very common in newer shards because extreme spenders can get certain squads light-years before the other, new players can. Imagine having to face Darth Revan when you only have CLS, and of course a whale is most likely going to have much faster mods than you

Light years is a measure of distance, not time.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2019

I believe this is very common in newer shards because extreme spenders can get certain squads light-years before the other, new players can. Imagine having to face Darth Revan when you only have CLS, and of course a whale is most likely going to have much faster mods than you

Light years is a measure of distance, not time.

He probably meant "parsecs"....oh....wait.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I think kyros should be free and that CG just gives everyone all the shards and gear needed for every toon as well. Plus 6* mods all maxed out on whatever stats we want. This way I wont have to suffer through another baldy thread
  • Kokie wrote: »
    I think kyros should be free and that CG just gives everyone all the shards and gear needed for every toon as well. Plus 6* mods all maxed out on whatever stats we want. This way I wont have to suffer through another baldy thread

Nope, 700 for 50 is fine. I actually do agree with the mod part, but even better, remove them from the game, mods are and unfair fest that is unethical and hurts the game
  • Would be nice to have them in Guild store, then you still have to choose if you want to invest there in Kyro or in other things/shards.
    Actually i save almost all my crystals for Kyro-shopping
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • How are mods unethical? The rules are well known as to how it all works, and we all have to play by them. Spending real money to increase your chances of farming good mods is within the rules of the game, and should be encouraged to keep the game alive financially.

Diversity in mods gives diversity to the game. Otherwise we might as well delete mods, which would either further cement a dominant meta or greatly increase RNG in matches, likely both.

I'm of the belief that if you're not spending at least 150 crystals a day on mod energy, you're not focusing on mods and will forever be at the whims of small sample sizes. I believe that's the bare minimum to be considered as focusing, and that's coming from someone who isn't even doing that!
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I understand your struggle, I've been at the upper end of top 50 for over two years before starting to take top spots in both arenas.
    With that being said, I don't see why someone ranking top 50 but not breaking top 5-10 should even keep/catch up to spenders or those who manage to rank high.
    Kokie wrote: »

I actually do agree with the mod part, but even better, remove them from the game, mods are and unfair fest that is unethical and hurts the game
    And this just makes no sense. There are several threads daily about the meta being stale and yet mods are what brings a little more diversity to the endless horde of identic teams. Without mods, every meta would be an RNG fest of TM ties.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I tend to farm to 25 (2-3 days) then if I need to I will buy the last 25, depends if I have the other gear I need, if not I will continue to farm then.
    Farm wise it's not too bad I tend to get 12-15 a day. However I suppose it depends on what your farming priorities are.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Nope, 700 for 50 is fine. I actually do agree with the mod part, but even better, remove them from the game, mods are and unfair fest that is unethical and hurts the game

I guess you weren't playing pre-mods.

I mean, neither was I, but I've heard the horror storries.

I'll pass on this suggestion, thanks.

It was awful, really it was, you think rng is bad now?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

It was awful, really it was, you think rng is bad now?

This. At least with mods, there is some amount of "work" (strategy, resources, management - whatever) that goes in to determining who goes first, who on your team goes when, who hits harder, whose debuffs stick or don't, etc.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    JDIII wrote: »
    I was around before mods came and while I didn’t like it at first, it grown on me. You can build up a character to play how u want it to. You want it fast, add speed. You want it tanky, add health/protection. It might be confusing for some, but once you figure it out, you’ll probably end up enjoying messing around with them.

I respectfully agree. Even beyond the arena meta, it's fun to work on a squad and improve various stats here or there where needed to get an edge in TB, TW, GA, whatever.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    I was around before mods came and while I didn’t like it at first, it grown on me. You can build up a character to play how u want it to. You want it fast, add speed. You want it tanky, add health/protection. It might be confusing for some, but once you figure it out, you’ll probably end up enjoying messing around with them.

Except speed outweighs all other stats significantly, doesn't matter how tanky you are or how much damage you have when you don't even get to take a turn does it?

I respectfully agree. Even beyond the arena meta, it's fun to work on a squad and improve various stats here or there where needed to get an edge in TB, TW, GA, whatever.

You're acting like it's not just a speed fest, it's speed speed speed 95% of the time
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

You're acting like it's not just a speed fest, it's speed speed speed 95% of the time

Respectfully disagree.

Except speed outweighs all other stats significantly, doesn't matter how tanky you are or how much damage you have when you don't even get to take a turn does it?

You are acting like every character needs speed and it is the most important to everyone. Yes, in the current meta it is all about which fallen bastilla goes first, but even back in the JKR meta slower JKRs could beat faster ones. There are plenty of important pieces in TW/GA squads that do not need speed
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

You are acting like every character needs speed and it is the most important to everyone. Yes, in the current meta it is all about which fallen bastilla goes first, but even back in the JKR meta slower JKRs could beat faster ones. There are plenty of important pieces in TW/GA squads that do not need speed

And yet even in the old meta the faster Revan could mess up your run if he went first and targeted the wrong person. More speed also equals toore turns in the long run, it's not just about who goes first. Or did you forget the Palpatine meta where faster Vader would always win. Speed may not always be the most important thing in the meta but periodically it becomes and it lasts for months at a time, and being at a disadvantage for months at a time can cost you a lot
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I specifically excluded arena from my statement.