Kyros should be 700 for 50 not 25.

13Next

Replies

• Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    I was around before mods came and while I didn’t like it at first, it grown on me. You can build up a character to play how u want it to. You want it fast, add speed. You want it tanky, add health/protection. It might be confusing for some, but once you figure it out, you’ll probably end up enjoying messing around with them.

Except speed outweighs all other stats significantly, doesn't matter how tanky you are or how much damage you have when you don't even get to take a turn does it?
    TVF wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    I was around before mods came and while I didn’t like it at first, it grown on me. You can build up a character to play how u want it to. You want it fast, add speed. You want it tanky, add health/protection. It might be confusing for some, but once you figure it out, you’ll probably end up enjoying messing around with them.

I respectfully agree. Even beyond the arena meta, it's fun to work on a squad and improve various stats here or there where needed to get an edge in TB, TW, GA, whatever.

You're acting like it's not just a speed fest, it's speed speed speed 95% of the time

You are acting like every character needs speed and it is the most important to everyone. Yes, in the current meta it is all about which fallen bastilla goes first, but even back in the JKR meta slower JKRs could beat faster ones. There are plenty of important pieces in TW/GA squads that do not need speed

And yet even in the old meta the faster Revan could mess up your run if he went first and targeted the wrong person. More speed also equals toore turns in the long run, it's not just about who goes first. Or did you forget the Palpatine meta where faster Vader would always win. Speed may not always be the most important thing in the meta but periodically it becomes and it lasts for months at a time, and being at a disadvantage for months at a time can cost you a lot

Glad we agree, also saying that because one character on a team going first makes speed the most important for everyone is wrong. These characters that need to be faster (like BSF and Vader) allow other characters to have less speed or make their speed less important. For example, that faster vader could allow you to lose the speed battle on other team members, but by applying and removing debuffs he feeds tm to the rest of the squad getting them to go before slower opponents.

Finally, exactly what TVF said: arena meta is not everything
    TVF wrote: »
    I specifically excluded arena from my statement.

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

And yet even in the old meta the faster Revan could mess up your run if he went first and targeted the wrong person. More speed also equals toore turns in the long run, it's not just about who goes first. Or did you forget the Palpatine meta where faster Vader would always win. Speed may not always be the most important thing in the meta but periodically it becomes and it lasts for months at a time, and being at a disadvantage for months at a time can cost you a lot

The thing is that, without mods, way more RNG enters the equation. Currently, I can look and see whether my DR is going to go first or second. Same with my Bastila, etc... I can then determine if I need to modify my squad in some way to compensate. If mods didn't exist, then two equally geared DRs would always result in a coinflip as to who goes first.

The very first meta in this game was the Poe meta, in which the question was whose Poe won the coinflip.