Hard node and gear farming guidance

Hello everyone, this is my first post and i have a few questions

First of all, i've had my SWGOH account since 2015 but i stopped playing once i reached lvl 30 or so, farming whatever thing, had no goal

I reinstalled the game a few months back and i started to focus on goals, i started to farm leia for example

Then i learned that phoenix was the team to go with so i dropped everything and went for phoenix

Now im lvl 76, i have 5 phoenix toons at 7 stars, gear 8 except ezra that is soon to be gear 10
And i have sabine 3 stars 25/30 shard with gear 7

After watching warrior's pillar system i went to farm bobba, STH, cad bane, Qi'ra and veers

But hard node takes FOREVER to farm comparing to the slowest shard shop that is arena store (im rank 700 ish, can't climb higher with phoenix)

My question is, is it worth to farm hard node for Veers, sabine, range trooper and talia ? Should i go for TFP instead of KRU after qira so i have a 7star empire toon to had to an empire team ?

Ps : i'd like to know when emperor demise and artist of war are coming back but i can't find the information anywhere :(

Thanks for reading me

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Regarding when legendaries are coming back, there is no set schedule, but they tend to happen about 3-4 months apart. You can look at swgohevents.com to see when each event happened last and extrapolate a likely time frame.

Hard node farming takes a long time, yes, unless you refresh the nodes, which I don't recommend doing while you still have a ton of characters to farm since you can just farm more nodes instead. Hopefully you are at least using your crystals on energy refreshes.

I don't know much about what the pillars guide recommends and wouldn't suggest that I know better, but my opinions: You need 5 7* empire characters, but if that's the only reason you're farming those hard nodes then just pick easier empire characters to get. Sabine isn't a priority since you already have 5 Phoenix done. I would focus hard node farming on characters that can only be farmed there, not ones like Talia that you can get from cantina later.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I agree with @Liath in general. Phoenix gets you Thrawn and Palps which helps for R2. I don't understand why the pillar system prioritizes Sabine or Troopers at all. Prioritize Legendary unlocks first (STH, Leia, Ewoks, BH, Old Republic).

I would NOT prioritize Qi'ra in Cantina over characters required for Legendary unlocks (Chief Chirpa, Mission, Paploo, Finn, Old Ben - last three also available elsewhere). Qi'ra doesn't really do anything except help with scoundrel/smuggler team, the latter of which is more of a luxury than necessity.

100% you should be farming the Bossk/Hound's Tooth node every day. Bossk is all but required for Chewie event, best all-purpose BH lead, contributes to scoundrels, and HT pretty much solos all PvE fleet content.
  • Mimich
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Dryff wrote: »
    I agree with @Liath in general. Phoenix gets you Thrawn and Palps which helps for R2. I don't understand why the pillar system prioritizes Sabine or Troopers at all. Prioritize Legendary unlocks first (STH, Leia, Ewoks, BH, Old Republic).

I would NOT prioritize Qi'ra in Cantina over characters required for Legendary unlocks (Chief Chirpa, Mission, Paploo, Finn, Old Ben - last three also available elsewhere). Qi'ra doesn't really do anything except help with scoundrel/smuggler team, the latter of which is more of a luxury than necessity.

100% you should be farming the Bossk/Hound's Tooth node every day. Bossk is all but required for Chewie event, best all-purpose BH lead, contributes to scoundrels, and HT pretty much solos all PvE fleet content.

Well i cant exactly reach 9-B on hard at the moment, i don't have a strong DS team
    I manage to 3 stars jolee and bastila nodes thanks to a 23k power talzin from a member of my guild as an assist but thats it

My Qi'ra is almost finished tho and im 2 shard away from sabine 4. Many people online tell to climb sabine to 5 stars for ship, that's why i went with her farm. Im 3 stars ATM

I started to build a scoundrel team to farm events since im short on money. I have 5stars lando, bobba, cad bane, qi'ra, and im farming STH

As for today i stopped farming veers and range trooper and im going for bastila and jolee

And what about KRU ? should i drop him and go straight for CLS team farming ben and farmer luke ?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Mimich wrote: »

And what about KRU ? should i drop him and go straight for CLS team farming ben and farmer luke ?

Yes
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Mimich wrote: »

Yes

But i have to go for TFP first right ?

So in order, i unlock Emperor and Thrawn with my phoenix
    cantina wise, i go for TFP in order to have a 7* empire team then i focus on Ben and Luke
    Hard node focus on bastila and jolee
    Arena store STH and Leia
    Cantina store, keep farming bobba
    Guild store keep farming stark for 7* empire

Am i missing something ?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not an expert on early farming. I just know cls is more important than kru.

Everything you said sounds reasonable, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come around to help you.

Look up warrior's pillars. That seems to be the go to answerr.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on early farming. I just know cls is more important than kru.

Everything you said sounds reasonable, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come around to help you.

Look up warrior's pillars. That seems to be the go to answerr.

Ok thank you, i'll do as i wrote before

Thanks for advices
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Work on Phoenix then Revans on the side
  • Kru is best lead used to get bb8 Sith fo squad.

I'd suggest pick a legendary and farm for that. Thrawn as example to move on to Yoda, empire used for palpatine.
    If you can farm old republic toons for jedi knight revan, then he will boost your jedi and arena immensely.
    Zeta on jolee is a must, bastillas lead zeta is nice to have whilst you bide your time till you get revan. Grand master Yoda is a must have on that team.

Moving away from OP original post...
    Decent Mods are awarded from assault battles without farming them when your resources are spent elsewhere. You need to get speed secondarys and 5dot speed arrow
  • ToxicFish
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kru is best lead used to get bb8 With fo squad.

I'd suggest pick a legendary and farm for that. Thrawn as example to move on to Yoda, empire used for palpatine.
    If you can farm old republic toons for jedi knight revan, then he will boost your jedi and arena immensely.
    Zeta on jolee is a must, bastillas lead zeta is nice to have whilst you bide your time till you get revan. Grand master Yoda is a must have on that team.

Moving away from OP original post...
    Decent Mods are awarded from assault battles without farming them when your resources are spent elsewhere. You need to get speed secondarys and 5dot speed arrow