Change my mind

Feats are awesome and I really like how they give players something to do along their journey in grand arena but they SHOULD NOT be included into the points system for GAC. I think players should be rewarded for doing feats and be recognized for doing so but I think the GAC leaderboards should be purely banners collected during fights and wins only. There is no reason why getting x amount of wins in arena should be counted for gac at all etc.

Replies

• Options
    e12ng6q8olis.png

Like this☝🏼? We already have Achievements. Seems like it could be incorporated here. I also wish the rewards for accomplishing these “feats” were more desirable. The incentive isn’t great, honestly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i don't like that idea to be honest, but i don't care about it either because the whole leaderboard is meaningless.
    I don't like it because one could just ignore feats, have an easier time playing GAC and get a higher rank than someone who does try to complete the feats.
    But like i said, it's meaningless. Encounter a player who goes super heavy on def and there's a real chance you miss out on more points than most of the feats offer. So yea...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Players who change their strategies to do feats have a potentially higher risk factor. Shouldn't that risk come with a commensurate reward?
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Feats are fun and keep the GAC experience from being bland, imo.
  • Options
    I agree with op. Feats are cool and all but when it comes to determining ga ranking it should be based only on what you do in ga.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    A modification of your idea: Award GAC points only for those feats that are actually done within the GAC, such as the undersized wins, cleared territories, etc. The arena fights and whatnot could only award the GAC currency or something else entirely.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    OP missed the point of feats. They cause you to change up lineups and do things that are less than optimal. You should be rewarded in GAC rankings for that.
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    1. Make feats award more GAC currency
    2. Remove Championship Score as a reward
    3. Add defense-oriented feats

Bing bang boom I’ll actually have a reason to put some good teams on defense
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Feats are awesome and I really like how they give players something to do along their journey in grand arena but they SHOULD NOT be included into the points system for GAC. I think players should be rewarded for doing feats and be recognized for doing so but I think the GAC leaderboards should be purely banners collected during fights and wins only. There is no reason why getting x amount of wins in arena should be counted for gac at all etc.

There's a lot of issues with feats, especially when you consider how often they are tied to arena and to non-grand arena battle challenges. I genuinely wish they were overhauled.

Removing them from the league progression simply makes league progression useless. The gear is not worth it and the only reason to jump leagues is to brag and get a few zeta mats.

So, if you want Leagues and divisions to be ignored in general, that's how you do it, remove the only thing that links the board and friends challenging one another, currency generation, and separate them out entirely.

I don't like the way feats waste my time, so I won't do them. I don't really care about the leagues and the rewards there so I'm not motivated to push myself to reach kyber again. I am pretty good in GA but there's no reason to additionally limit and challenge myself. Win the match and move on.

The reason they are all tied is to change the strategy of the matches themselves. It makes the player put limits on what they want to do in order to achieve currency or to achieve rank. If you break those ties, that entire event is just boring and not worth the effort. Overhaul feats.... Don't segment them, and please balance GAC currency gained per feat and per league change based on the amount of effort into each task.
  • Options
    If the feat is GAC related, then I think it should count. The feats outside the GAC should be dropped or used somewhere else.

People who adjust their GAC strategies to complete Feats should get rewarded for it.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    A modification of your idea: Award GAC points only for those feats that are actually done within the GAC, such as the undersized wins, cleared territories, etc. The arena fights and whatnot could only award the GAC currency or something else entirely.

Gear. Arena currency, gold, gems, omegas and purple mats. Anything. Definitely should be diversified and re-balanced.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    0udaiveda1rf.png

thought would be 50 of them by now with OP title
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Heroes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm in agreement...

Feats are garbage and should not be part of GAC point totals. Arena, fleet arena, etc. don't have anything to do with GAC.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Heroes

you spell it how you want... and I'll spell it the right way and only way...that I want.

TYVM