Mod QoL

MntMan
281 posts Member
In the Q&A it was nice to see that QoL hasn't been forgotten and I think over the years they've done some nice ones. To me Mods is a big area that needs improvement and I always see the request to increase the storage, but I think that doesn't truly solve it as we'd soon fill that up. I mean how many mods do we have that are great/useful that aren't already being used by someone? Some for sure but that's why we have the inventory capacity. The rest is fulled up with clutter.

To me the ideal solution is that whenever you click on a mod, be it in your inventory, in an email, a prize/reward won from an event, whatever, you should be given three options:

1) Upgrade
2) Slice - Though to be honest this one isn't critical here.
3) Sell

Let me give some example:

1) I'm managing my mods and I filter and start looking for health mods with protection % and speed secondary. I've got a bunch in my inventory from 1-E to 15-A (And 15-E, but let's not complicate). So let's say I have a ton of 1 A-E's and I'd love to run them to 12 to see if they are any good. I can click on it and upgrade no problem. So I bump it up to level 12. Now I have 4 secondary stats of 3% tenacity, 1% offense, .86% defense, and 122 health. Absolute garbage. What do I want to do with it? I want to sell it, but I'm still trying to mod my character so I click on the next one and take it to 12. I take them all to 12 and maybe a handful are decent, fewer good and fewer still great, but a bunch is trash. Now instead of as I determine it being trash being given the option to sell right away I have to go to another screen and try and find the trash again and sell it there. Right next to the upgrade button just put sell. That simple.

2) I run the smugglers event and Krennic is toast. Up pops my rewards. 6 shiny new mods but I have to accept them all and they go right to my inventory. I can click on them and see their level 1 properties, but nothing else. I'd love to have the option right there to upgrade each of them and sell them right then and there if I want and then only accept the ones I want.

3) Similar to the above but as a result of full inventory (which hopefully my idea would help) but often I get mods in the mail. Would love the same as 2) above.

I think this would allow users to manage their mods even better and stop trash mods from filling up their inventory and causing overflow. Maybe 2) and 3) above are harder because you'd probably have to write the reward to a temp table to allow us to sift through first, but at least 1) would be very helpful .

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    To your comment 1) I lock every mod I want to keep, then I can just click sell and sell everything cause locked mods won't show up.

To the other points that would be nice.

But what I'd really love to see is
    1) an inverse button when sorting mods, just like with toons I'd love to be able to see my slowest mods first. And then even when equipped I'd love to be able to sell or replace the mod, not have to remember the character it's on, go out find the character go to their mod load outs and then remove or replace the mod. And then filter and sort mods again to find the next crappy one I need to dump......
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try the locked mod method. I was hoping by posting I'd also get ideas on something I didn't know. I still think that having the ability to sell when looking at a mod would be nice. I mean I am under the manage section. Pick a mod, upgrade it, see it's trash and have a sell button right there next to slice and upgrade. Seems that would be the easiest thing to implement as well.

Thanks again for the locked advice. I'm about to go waste a lot of company hours sifting my mods and locking for a one time clean up. Thereafter seems that it should be easier then.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Both are great ideas. They would both be great changes!