Dispel meta - selective power up 'joker' idea

This game is best when the meta is weakest (or at least there are several to choose from) . The last time I think that was true was before any protection regeneration teams were introduced (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...).

Here's my idea to kill the metas once and for all and re-introduce arena variety...Add an 'ultimate zeta' ability, lets call it an 'alpha' ability. Now before we all cry 'not more overpowering!!!' here's how it could be done...

(i) The alpha ability is a unique ability (like a zeta) that can only be on one ONE of your characters at any time
(ii) Make it hard to get (5m gp reward or something)
(iii) Make it difficult to change e.g. once every 6 months
(iv) Make them all attacking abilities to avoid more 'walls'
(v) Make them cooldown abilities (with a long cooldown) to weaken their effectiveness in grand arena and territory wars (i.e. making the team easier to kill on second attack)
(vi) (Possibly, but more interesting) make the alpha more potent against certain teams (double damage etc etc)
(vii) Perhaps make them additions to leadership abilities (so only work with the right character in the leader slot).

Night sisters are still my favourites despite being well down the meta league these days. I like the challenge of trying to beat endless reams of revan teams with them but it does get dull eventually...
An example of an alpha for them could be something like:

Mother Talzin - additional leadership ability:

Summon Zombie horde - 10 (arbitrary guess) zombies are summoned and attack, then instantly die. These deaths count for character abilities that power up this way (e.g. Asajj)

The power of this could of course be tweaked to make sure the damage from the zombie attacks wasn't too extreme. The basic idea would be to give Asajj a bit of a head start on her damage ramping.

An alternative (and simpler) alpha/joker idea would be to grant one of your teams a 2x damage boost against another specific team (but not the same team e.g no jedi vs jedi which would just exacerbate the meta).

Cheers,

Kasmir

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Kasmir wrote: »
    This game is best when the meta is weakest (or at least there are several to choose from) . The last time I think that was true was before any protection regeneration teams were introduced (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...).

Here's my idea to kill the metas once and for all and re-introduce arena variety...Add an 'ultimate zeta' ability, lets call it an 'alpha' ability. Now before we all cry 'not more overpowering!!!' here's how it could be done...

(i) The alpha ability is a unique ability (like a zeta) that can only be on one ONE of your characters at any time
    (ii) Make it hard to get (5m gp reward or something)
    (iii) Make it difficult to change e.g. once every 6 months
    (iv) Make them all attacking abilities to avoid more 'walls'
    (v) Make them cooldown abilities (with a long cooldown) to weaken their effectiveness in grand arena and territory wars (i.e. making the team easier to kill on second attack)
    (vi) (Possibly, but more interesting) make the alpha more potent against certain teams (double damage etc etc)
    (vii) Perhaps make them additions to leadership abilities (so only work with the right character in the leader slot).

Night sisters are still my favourites despite being well down the meta league these days. I like the challenge of trying to beat endless reams of revan teams with them but it does get dull eventually...
    An example of an alpha for them could be something like:

Mother Talzin - additional leadership ability:

Summon Zombie horde - 10 (arbitrary guess) zombies are summoned and attack, then instantly die. These deaths count for character abilities that power up this way (e.g. Asajj)

The power of this could of course be tweaked to make sure the damage from the zombie attacks wasn't too extreme. The basic idea would be to give Asajj a bit of a head start on her damage ramping.

An alternative (and simpler) alpha/joker idea would be to grant one of your teams a 2x damage boost against another specific team (but not the same team e.g no jedi vs jedi which would just exacerbate the meta).

Cheers,

Kasmir
    Good try but CG only wants 1 team to be meta at any time so they can milk players. You want multiple meta team that arnt broken? Go play marvel strike force

• Nah, you could easily milk it while still making it fun for non-payers. Have the alphas rotate, make it even harder to change (e,g, every 1m gp) etc etc.