How to make a Rock Paper Scissors meta

Prev1
How to make a Rock Paper Scissors meta with current teams:
1. GG unique - anytime GG is inflicted with fear or deathmark, he clears all debuffs, resets cooldowns, and immediately takes a bonus turn.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Padme special - Add: also resurrect any defeated GR allies
  • Darth Malak unique: beat GG and Padmé teams.
  • This can't be done, the meta will never be fun again, too many broken mechanics for there to ever be any balance between all of them. The game is only going to go downhill from now on, the Revans ruined PvP, the only fun matchups exist within B tier squads now, arena will always SUCK
  • The moment saviour was introduced followed by constant protection and heath regen with a mass revive you knew the next thing to beat it would have to be stupid broken and surely enough you have fear and corrupted battle meditation, followed by a tank with one shot mechanics. People who possess no foresight thought it was all fine and dandy, but IQ is a luxury not all of us have
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The moment saviour was introduced followed by constant protection and heath regen with a mass revive you knew the next thing to beat it would have to be stupid broken and surely enough you have fear and corrupted battle meditation, followed by a tank with one shot mechanics. People who possess no foresight thought it was all fine and dandy, but IQ is a luxury not all of us have

Yoda has foresight, will he work?
  • The best part of the game in the 3.5 years I've been playing was after the first introduction of Darth Revan but before Malak; I had 4, that's FOUR, arena teams who I changed around depending on the opposing team setup.

The answer is surprisingly simple, nerf Malak and balance is restored to the force (and this game :D ).
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • The best part of the game in the 3.5 years I've been playing was after the first introduction of Darth Revan but before Malak; I had 4, that's FOUR, arena teams who I changed around depending on the opposing team setup.

The answer is surprisingly simple, nerf Malak and balance is restored to the force (and this game :D ).
    The best part of the game in the 3.5 years I've been playing was after the first introduction of Darth Revan but before Malak; I had 4, that's FOUR, arena teams who I changed around depending on the opposing team setup.

Yeah, nerf him as soon as everyone who isn't a whale can have him, because that's a way to keep f2p to stay around
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    The best part of the game in the 3.5 years I've been playing was after the first introduction of Darth Revan but before Malak; I had 4, that's FOUR, arena teams who I changed around depending on the opposing team setup.

Yeah, nerf him as soon as everyone who isn't a whale can have him, because that's a way to keep f2p to stay around

CG doesnt care about F2P. F2P doesnt generate money Whales do so I don't understand the significance.
  • sir_Phantom_Jedi
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not thinking about whales or ftp here, i'm thinking about a diverse meta and the long term outlook for the game.
    Malak was a short term cash grab which really stuffed the game up; nerfing balances the game and keeps it going long term, so more cash in the long term; remember, no game = no cash.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

CG doesnt care about F2P. F2P doesnt generate money Whales do so I don't understand the significance.

The game has 80 million players, whales can easily be outspent if the game lowered it's prices and that's a fact, a dollar a month from every free to play would easily dwarf the contributions of whales, CG and EA just aren't smart enough to see this
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

The game has 80 million players, whales can easily be outspent if the game lowered it's prices and that's a fact, a dollar a month from every free to play would easily dwarf the contributions of whales, CG and EA just aren't smart enough to see this

You'd be surprised how much the top end spends. Plus a lot of ppl spend 10 or 20 on occasion. I don't think everyone spending a dollar a month would do it.
  • A subscription model would earn them so much more than catering to a few whales and relying on the occasional spendings of a dolphin. The whales know it so they try to propagate that the only way the game can succeed is with them
  • Witness wrote: »
    1. GG unique - anytime GG is inflicted with fear or deathmark, he clears all debuffs, resets cooldowns, and immediately takes a bonus turn.

Honest question: what does a rock paper scissors meta look like to you?

From what i have read here and watched on youtube, there appear to be 4 viable offensive teams at the top end of arena: drevan+malak, jkr, GG nuke, and Padme. Now, clearly from the meta report Drevan is the best defensive team, however I dont think this takes away from the fact that there are multiple viable teams.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    A subscription model would earn them so much more than catering to a few whales and relying on the occasional spendings of a dolphin. The whales know it so they try to propagate that the only way the game can succeed is with them

They had that but stopped. Can't remember for sure but I think it was a legal reason.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

You'd be surprised how much the top end spends. Plus a lot of ppl spend 10 or 20 on occasion. I don't think everyone spending a dollar a month would do it.

Those would still spend regardless because they would want way more than the subscription would offer. 3.99$ a month from a few million people would easily outspend the whales
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Those would still spend regardless because they would want way more than the subscription would offer. 3.99$ a month from a few million people would easily outspend the whales

A lot of ppl wouldn't even download the game.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

That's the kind of propaganda the whales put out. An optional 3.99 sub a month for extra rewards would make people not download the game? Ok buddy 👍
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

That's the kind of propaganda the whales put out. An optional 3.99 sub a month for extra rewards would make people not download the game? Ok buddy 👍

I thought you were referring to a subscription for the game itself.

If you mean like a crystal subscription, like I said, there used to be one but they had to remove it.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I'm confused.....when did whales start a propaganda campaign?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

You haven't seen all the "save the whales" signs?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

You haven't seen all the "save the whales" signs?

Ahhh...makes sense now
  • Stick
    647 posts Member

Every thing you said in this thread is arbitrary. None of it can be proved , none have backing of fact.
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone post more nonsense. You could never run a business clearly. So why don’t you keep your business mythology to a minimum and post about things you understand.
  • Kokie wrote: »

Around the time shard chats became a thing, which is a long time ago
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I think CG knows that most people don’t want to pay regardless. I wouldn’t pay a dollar, because it’s a free game. Every cent I spend could be used better places, and a ton of people realize that. So CG tries to squeeze every penny out of the people that will pay.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I think CG knows that most people don’t want to pay regardless. I wouldn’t pay a dollar, because it’s a free game. Every cent I spend could be used better places, and a ton of people realize that. So CG tries to squeeze every penny out of the people that will pay.

Idk dude, I think alot of people would pay 3-4 dollars a month for some nice perks. Also the one factor many don't consider is the RNG when it comes to arena shards. Some people got lucky with a good shard, few whales, easy climbs, less of a cutthroat and more chill shards that share. Others got bad luck, stacked shards, lot's of whales, too competitive, bad mod RNG, they got left behind.

The difference from those who can climb to the top 3s and those stuck in the top 100-50-20 when it comes to crystals is simply massive. This is why I'm always careful when I'm talking about f2p, some f2p doing 1/1 don't understand the struggle that other f2p are going through with the game.
  • From what i have read here and watched on youtube, there appear to be 4 viable offensive teams at the top end of arena: drevan+malak, jkr, GG nuke, and Padme. Now, clearly from the meta report Drevan is the best defensive team, however I dont think this takes away from the fact that there are multiple viable teams.

Getting back to the OP; my arena shard has G13 Malaks in the top 30 and I don't have malak at all.
    -I was running a fully maxed JKR team, couldn't beat any of them.
    -So I maxed out the Padme team, nope, beat some badly modded teams but couldn't get into the top 20.
    -Now I'm 1 piece away from G13 GG but even that is acknowledged in the youtube videos as a soft counter

The top 20 of my shard is identical teams, there is no variety.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    A subscription model would earn them so much more than catering to a few whales and relying on the occasional spendings of a dolphin. The whales know it so they try to propagate that the only way the game can succeed is with them

Your right. I'm sure all their research tells them they could earn "so much more" that way, but CG and EA said "Naaaahhhh, we're good."

Dude. Do you even believe what you type??
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Witness wrote: »

Honest question: what does a rock paper scissors meta look like to you?

From what i have read here and watched on youtube, there appear to be 4 viable offensive teams at the top end of arena: drevan+malak, jkr, GG nuke, and Padme. Now, clearly from the meta report Drevan is the best defensive team, however I dont think this takes away from the fact that there are multiple viable teams.

You forgot IG88 lead droids
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Idk dude, I think alot of people would pay 3-4 dollars a month for some nice perks. Also the one factor many don't consider is the RNG when it comes to arena shards. Some people got lucky with a good shard, few whales, easy climbs, less of a cutthroat and more chill shards that share. Others got bad luck, stacked shards, lot's of whales, too competitive, bad mod RNG, they got left behind.

The difference from those who can climb to the top 3s and those stuck in the top 100-50-20 when it comes to crystals is simply massive. This is why I'm always careful when I'm talking about f2p, some f2p doing 1/1 don't understand the struggle that other f2p are going through with the game.

Anyone below 100 doesn’t care enough to spend, so I’d forget about those huge numbers of people making up for whales. It comes down to this: People think that if they can spend more than everyone else, they will be the best, so they will pay for crazy expensive things. It’s much harder to get everyone to pay than to get the paying people to spend more.