Modding the anti-Geo Jawa team for that 1 task

Besides you thinking it is a waste of resources, how would you do it?

Nebit = 2 defense 1 tenacity type sets
Tenacity cross, % health circle, % health or % defense triangle. Secondary as much defense health tenacity and speed as possible. Shoot 200 speed

Scavenger same as Nebit but his tenacity for potency

Engineer same as Scavenger but should be as fast as possible to heal health for the team

Jawa and Datcha, ignore their kits and make their presence damage absorbers as potential tanks just by their presence.

The idea is to have no Jawa die and out-survive the brood.

They should all have health be their hit points and as high armor as tenacity as possible. Potentially crit avoidance arrows.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    You're overthinking it. They just have to live long enough to get TDs on geos, mainly self-inflicted. Then toss a grenade and say goodnight.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    You're overthinking it. They just have to live long enough to get TDs on geos, mainly self-inflicted. Then toss a grenade and say goodnight.

I want none of them to die! I want it to be a bad decision for any Geos to attack my Jawa
  • RCorr
    15 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I love this! It's always important to mod units most optimally for success, as even slight improvements can swing a loss into a win. Your thought process is great, and I think you got the mods correct.
    However, I'm uncertain, does scavenger need potency. IDK whether or not thermal detonators can be resisted.
    I'd make sure to put a crit avoidance on Nebit as well. Brood Alpha can dispel on crit, so you want to minimize that chance.
    With Jawa and Datcha, you do want a lot of health and defense, however Nebit's lead can be used here. Both units have AoEs, so they could use crit chance (and possibly potency, again, IDK) to inflict crit chance down on the enemies.
    Edit: Datcha has ability block on his special, so that's a good enough reason to improve it.

Also, this is an offense only squad, so technically, you'd be attacking the geos.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

I want none of them to die! I want it to be a bad decision for any Geos to attack my Jawa

Um...is that an issue normally?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    RCorr wrote: »
    I love this! It's always important to mod units most optimally for success, as even slight improvements can swing a loss into a win. Your thought process is great, and I think you got the mods correct.
    However, I'm uncertain, does scavenger need potency. IDK whether or not thermal detonators can be resisted.
    I'd make sure to put a crit avoidance on Nebit as well. Brood Alpha can dispel on crit, so you want to minimize that chance.
    With Jawa and Datcha, you do want a lot of health and defense, however Nebit's lead can be used her. Both units have AoEs, so they could use crit chance (and possibly potency, again, IDK) to inflict crit chance down on the enemies.

Also, this is an offense only squad, so technically, you'd be attacking the geos.

Potency doesn't matter for scavenger because the majority of TDs will be self inflicted by the geos.

You can argue that nebit taunting is a good thing, but it's one more buff for spy to whack.

Load them up with whatever def/health/prot mods you got lying around and wait for the geos to self destruct.

All of the vids I have seen of this show casualties
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

I mean is geos attacking your jawas an issue? Are you setting them defense???

I mean is geos attacking your jawas an issue? Are you setting them defense???

No. I guess I did write that a bit awkwardly. I was kind of meaning in the course of my attacking a defending Geo squad.
  • Nebits taunt is useless because Sun Fac dispels on his basic and he always attacks with the swarm.
    The engineer needs enough speed to go first and give turn meter to the other. The scavenger needs citical chance to stealth before the geos attack.
    I‘m not sure how the game handles the grenades. I suspect the geo attacking a jawa does his tenacity check against the potency of that specific jawa.

I don‘t see any reason to give nebit a tenacity set. Tenacity doesn‘t help against dispel and due to its mechanic its the most useless stat in the game. I‘d rather give him defense or health mods.

There's no such Jawa team unless you G13 team. G12+ geos will laugh at any Jawa team that's below G11.

Lmao.

Ppl will keep gearing geos up for TB, to what, at least G12.

You dont want them die, so you have to have jawas at G13 or 14 at least to compete with G12 bugs.
  • Not to mention protection would be better than health mods health is 5.88% protection primary is 23.5% unless your planning on having g12-13 jawas with 6e mods which is a waste of time then go all out on protection
  • The Jawas will always die against the Geos, no matter how good you mod them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    To flip this around, If you remove poggle and put in Nute (with his unique) does this make the jawa team moot? My understanding is that they will be taking an extra 5% max health damage everytime a bug lands a debuff. They shouldnt last near long enough to get enough detonators on the bugs.
  • Drepd wrote: »
    To flip this around, If you remove poggle and put in Nute (with his unique) does this make the jawa team moot? My understanding is that they will be taking an extra 5% max health damage everytime a bug lands a debuff. They shouldnt last near long enough to get enough detonators on the bugs.

The Jawa team has been proven to work. Youtube it. The modding question is really just about trying to get as many points as I can with it or my 20 banners for my guild.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Drepd wrote: »

The Jawa team has been proven to work. Youtube it. The modding question is really just about trying to get as many points as I can with it or my 20 banners for my guild.

Of course it's been proven but that doesnt have anything to do with what I asked.
  • RCorr
    15 posts Member
    Drepd wrote: »
    There is always the possibility of killing all the Jawas and ending the battle before the geos explode, but it's difficult. Most importantly, this is an offense team, so any exotic strat will likely fail due to AI (Like an idea to put in Traya to block Scav unique).
    Nute probably won't add enough dmg to get through full health and protection before 30 bombs go off. They stack like 5 per attack, on all the geos. On the plus side, nute doesn't have hive mind, so he'll survive.
    The problem is simply that the geos survive jawas better with non-geo seps, but they lose to other squads more easily.
This discussion has been closed.