New Content

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Intrepid wrote: »
    New content for me, would be additional battles added... a new more challenging tier on both LS and DS and also in fleet battles.

Also, additional battles added to Cantina... simming all day long does get boring after awhile. But adding new tiers would probably not be cost beneficial for CG, as they would not make any money on that... unless they found a clever way to do so. New tiers to all challenges would also be great... and maybe even a new type of GW... a more challenging type that grants even better rewards and you can’t do this unless you can sim the first one... something to aim for.

If Hoth TB is a potato, then Geo TB is a peeled potato. Nothing new here... same event, different skin... and rewards for both suck! Same goes for the insanely pointless GAC - a week long arena battle that only brings complaints and chants about people cheating... booooooring!! But, it’s an easy way for CG to add stuff, without actually adding stuff.

The raids we have now are nothing to get exciting about... rewards suck and one is even simmable now... a new raid would definitely be fun... one that perhaps would require ships, but again... that would not be cost beneficial for CG.

They kinda have to make new stuff based on old stuff (TBs and GAs) to keep the costs down... or find a way to make new content that will make them a heap load of money fast... which is probably difficult and the reason we’re not seeing it.

Marquees, let’s be honest... those are money grab events if anything ever were.

^ love how thus guy askes for more challenging tiers of stuff already in-game, then puts geo tb down for being a more challenging tier of something already in-game.

Haha, is this your idea of thinking up new content? Or are you only able to stomp on other people’s ideas?

I in now way trashed Geo TB... all I said was that Geo TB is NOT new content... it’s a glorified Hoth TB that CG couldn’t even figure out how to adjust with 24 hour phases, haha... and rewards does SUCK!!

But he had a point. You asked for more content by getting a new tier of energy battles, then said that a new tier of an old game mode (Geo TB) is not new content. The real problem is that you are confusing new content with a new game mode/raid. Lots of people come on here and call for new 'content' and complain that a new TB is not content, yet rarely does anyone propose an actually new game mode idea (outside of a ship raid).

Well, I guess it’s because I differentiate between new content and new game mode.

Geo TB is new content, but still not something you can play day-to-day and test your toons... phases 1-3 are somewhat playable, but phase 4 is not!

We spend so many hours farming and have so many toons, but no real way of testing them, unless you wanna go through a boring GW. We spend 95% of the time either simming or playing on auto... additional tiers of battles to LS/DS, Cantina, Mod Challenges and a new GW would at least breathe some new life into the game (for some) although that is not new content either, it would give us something to do for awhile... besides simming and complaining about drop rates... and maybe they could add new toons in those new tiers as opposed to all new toons being money grab events... I have no real ideas for new game modes, tho... all I was trying to say was, that simming all day long gets boring fast... would be nice to have some new battles to play with

But I guess that’s just me...

If they added new tiers to LS/DS/Cantina (which typically comes with a level cap increase, which many people don't want), and they weren't immediately 3* and simmable by end game players, the outrage would be immense.
  • Liath wrote: »
    New content for me, would be additional battles added... a new more challenging tier on both LS and DS and also in fleet battles.

Also, additional battles added to Cantina... simming all day long does get boring after awhile. But adding new tiers would probably not be cost beneficial for CG, as they would not make any money on that... unless they found a clever way to do so. New tiers to all challenges would also be great... and maybe even a new type of GW... a more challenging type that grants even better rewards and you can’t do this unless you can sim the first one... something to aim for.

If Hoth TB is a potato, then Geo TB is a peeled potato. Nothing new here... same event, different skin... and rewards for both suck! Same goes for the insanely pointless GAC - a week long arena battle that only brings complaints and chants about people cheating... booooooring!! But, it’s an easy way for CG to add stuff, without actually adding stuff.

The raids we have now are nothing to get exciting about... rewards suck and one is even simmable now... a new raid would definitely be fun... one that perhaps would require ships, but again... that would not be cost beneficial for CG.

They kinda have to make new stuff based on old stuff (TBs and GAs) to keep the costs down... or find a way to make new content that will make them a heap load of money fast... which is probably difficult and the reason we’re not seeing it.

^ love how thus guy askes for more challenging tiers of stuff already in-game, then puts geo tb down for being a more challenging tier of something already in-game.

Haha, is this your idea of thinking up new content? Or are you only able to stomp on other people’s ideas?

I in now way trashed Geo TB... all I said was that Geo TB is NOT new content... it’s a glorified Hoth TB that CG couldn’t even figure out how to adjust with 24 hour phases, haha... and rewards does SUCK!!

But he had a point. You asked for more content by getting a new tier of energy battles, then said that a new tier of an old game mode (Geo TB) is not new content. The real problem is that you are confusing new content with a new game mode/raid. Lots of people come on here and call for new 'content' and complain that a new TB is not content, yet rarely does anyone propose an actually new game mode idea (outside of a ship raid).

Well, I guess it’s because I differentiate between new content and new game mode.

Geo TB is new content, but still not something you can play day-to-day and test your toons... phases 1-3 are somewhat playable, but phase 4 is not!

We spend so many hours farming and have so many toons, but no real way of testing them, unless you wanna go through a boring GW. We spend 95% of the time either simming or playing on auto... additional tiers of battles to LS/DS, Cantina, Mod Challenges and a new GW would at least breathe some new life into the game (for some) although that is not new content either, it would give us something to do for awhile... besides simming and complaining about drop rates... and maybe they could add new toons in those new tiers as opposed to all new toons being money grab events... I have no real ideas for new game modes, tho... all I was trying to say was, that simming all day long gets boring fast... would be nice to have some new battles to play with

If they added new tiers to LS/DS/Cantina (which typically comes with a level cap increase, which many people don't want), and they weren't immediately 3* and simmable by end game players, the outrage would be immense.

I think the outrage would be here either way... that’s just heo some people are I suppose.

However, some might not want a level cap increase, but in the light of phase 4 of the Geo TB (g13 level 95 opponents) how do you propose we beat them then? We kinda need a level cap increase to be able to beat phase 4 - unless it was meant to never be beaten? Which makes no sense... I personally don’t mind a level cap increase... it would give me something to do, besides hoarding credits, wasting exp and simming all day long... but again, that’s just me... people want more individual events... they are all either simmable or done on auto... that would not personally enrich my gaming experience
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

However, some might not want a level cap increase, but in the light of phase 4 of the Geo TB (g13 level 95 opponents) how do you propose we beat them then? We kinda need a level cap increase to be able to beat phase 4 - unless it was meant to never be beaten? Which makes no sense...

It will be beaten eventually with or without a level cap increase due to power creep with new characters, additional gear tiers/pieces, the iconic items that have already been announced, and general GP inflation.

However, some might not want a level cap increase, but in the light of phase 4 of the Geo TB (g13 level 95 opponents) how do you propose we beat them then? We kinda need a level cap increase to be able to beat phase 4 - unless it was meant to never be beaten? Which makes no sense...

It will be beaten eventually with or without a level cap increase due to power creep with new characters, additional gear tiers/pieces, the iconic items that have already been announced, and general GP inflation.

I think that will be pretty far out in the distant future... g13 level 95 toons with preloaded TM and tenacity like crazy, will still be a thing when you go up against them with g13 level 85 toons... but yeah, we’re probably talking a year with power creep alone

The game to me has become somewhat stale... it is only about farming for the next big toon... and every new toon is a money grab event by CG and gear paywalls with extremely low drop rates just isn’t that fun when that’s all you have... every new toon is stopped at gear 8 or 9 until you farm 300-400 gear pieces... and by then, you have another toon that need the same amount... and then you have to gear up certain factions for the next big event... unless of course you cough up the green.

With additional tiers of LS/DS battles, Cantina battles, Mod challenges, Challenges and maybe a new and improved GW, CG could add more options for us to farm these crazy gear pieces... I know they would rather we buy them, but they could throw us a bone here... additional tiers could also provide Carbantis and Stun Guns... anyway, it was only a suggestion... new content (although old) and not a new game mode... I can’t imagine you’re not tired of the simming and daily gear farming? Wouldn’t it at least be more fun to do with new tiers? To me it would
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I can’t imagine you’re not tired of the simming and daily gear farming? Wouldn’t it at least be more fun to do with new tiers? To me it would

I guess you need to increase your imaginative capacity. ;) I personally do not care about this at all. Farming the same nodes or different nodes makes no difference to me. A new tier would be a day or a few days of having to do the battles manually in order to get back to exactly the same simming. If they give better rewards, sure, ok, I'll take them, but no, I'm not tired of it the way it is. I don't do much gear farming though; I've always focused on characters and gotten gear from the shops (once they are bought out of characters). Now I'm running out of characters to farm, so I'm doing some more gear farming, but moving from simming tier 8/9 to simming tier 10 wouldn't entertain me.
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Typically, I'd agree with you. However, they need to spend some time fixing what they have: deal with game crashes, fix cheating and the current pr nightmare, fix gac mm and scoring. Plus they need to roll out lsgtb and everything that goes with it.
    Not much point in new content until the game is back on track.

This. Not to be a naysayer, but honestly, the game seems to be quite a mess right now. GAC felt like a poorly executed and failed experiment, complete with bugs and cheating. Carrie left, or was let go or whatever. Ships are still being left to die on the vine.

They need to circle the wagons a bit and fix the content they do have before releasing more half-baked rehashes (which is all GAC really is anyway).
    Can you be more specific? There was a scoring bug which was immediately fixed

Seemed like a successful experiment to me

I can’t imagine you’re not tired of the simming and daily gear farming? Wouldn’t it at least be more fun to do with new tiers? To me it would

I guess you need to increase your imaginative capacity. ;) I personally do not care about this at all. Farming the same nodes or different nodes makes no difference to me. A new tier would be a day or a few days of having to do the battles manually in order to get back to exactly the same simming. If they give better rewards, sure, ok, I'll take them, but no, I'm not tired of it the way it is. I don't do much gear farming though; I've always focused on characters and gotten gear from the shops (once they are bought out of characters). Now I'm running out of characters to farm, so I'm doing some more gear farming, but moving from simming tier 8/9 to simming tier 10 wouldn't entertain me.

Increase my imaginative capacity? When it comes to mind numbingly farming? Haha, yeah, I guess my imaginative capacity on that is pretty low... how do you increase your imaginitive capacity when it comes to simming?

Anyways, difference of opninions is always good... it puts your own opnion in perspective... I only have 3 toons left to farm in Cantina, 1 left to farm in LS/DS and a couple of ships and a toon in Fleet battles... drop rates are nuts, but hey... it what it is.

I know it wouldn’t change much to have a tier 10... but, it would be nice to have more places to farm gear once you run out of toons... and the gear struggle is definitely real... I embrace new content (even of it’s old... gives me something to do besides simming)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Increase my imaginative capacity? When it comes to mind numbingly farming? Haha, yeah, I guess my imaginative capacity on that is pretty low... how do you increase your imaginitive capacity when it comes to simming?

Lol, no, I meant increase your imaginative capacity when it comes to how other people might feel about things/opinions that differ from your own. Because you said you "couldn't imagine" that I would feel the way I feel. It was a joke.

Lol, no, I meant increase your imaginative capacity when it comes to how other people might feel about things/opinions that differ from your own. Because you said you "couldn't imagine" that I would feel the way I feel. It was a joke.

Ahh, haha... okay... missed that 😂 The way I read it meant little sense, haha... but at least you agreed that a tier 10 would make sense if additional gear farming options were added... and that was one of my big selling points... increased difficulty (not phase 4 of Geo TB difficulty) and increased ways of getting the hard-to-get gear... we need more ways of obtaining it in my opinion
  • Who is in favour for new content needing level 100 and g15 to participate in?
    Need to be careful what you wish for as well,i would like content thats available to all,not only for ppl mastering the credit card no jutsu.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy

GAC is GA renamed, GEO TB ie hoth TB reskinned with more hp and tenacity. So yeah they are old content
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Typically, I'd agree with you. However, they need to spend some time fixing what they have: deal with game crashes, fix cheating and the current pr nightmare, fix gac mm and scoring. Plus they need to roll out lsgtb and everything that goes with it.

This. Not to be a naysayer, but honestly, the game seems to be quite a mess right now. GAC felt like a poorly executed and failed experiment, complete with bugs and cheating. Carrie left, or was let go or whatever. Ships are still being left to die on the vine.

They need to circle the wagons a bit and fix the content they do have before releasing more half-baked rehashes (which is all GAC really is anyway).

I guess I consider bad match making, cheaters going undetected, feats that are poorly designed or have nothing to do with GA, despite it being called GAC and a reward system that ends up having people that went 11-1 and those who went 6-6 getting the same end rewards (and very weak ones at that - for 4 weeks of play) differently than you do.

It was GA rehashed with pasted on feats, weak rewards and worse matchmaking. And because they made it a big deal, there was more cheating. I guess if you want to call that "successful", that's your prerogative.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I guess I consider bad match making, cheaters going undetected, feats that are poorly designed or have nothing to do with GA, despite it being called GAC and a reward system that ends up having people that went 11-1 and those who went 6-6 getting the same end rewards (and very weak ones at that - for 4 weeks of play) differently than you do.

It was GA rehashed with pasted on feats, weak rewards and worse matchmaking. And because they made it a big deal, there was more cheating. I guess if you want to call that "successful", that's your prerogative.

Failed experiment seems a bit extreme, especially considering that
    1)matchmaking quality is subjective (unless you have done a widespread analysis of matches that shows a greater number of blowouts than previously)
    2)we have proof of 1 cheater going undetected and the talk of 'rampant, widespread cheating' started after he made a video
    3) they explicitly stated they would have non GA feats to keep less competitive players interested/engaged (seems like a good thing)

This exhibition gave them necessary data to evaluate this iteration of a mm algorithm, feats/scoring, and the rewards given. That sounds like far from a failure for a test run
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nothing to do in SWGOH today. Yay.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Nothing to do in SWGOH today. Yay.

Yup contra band was there tho
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Failed experiment seems a bit extreme, especially considering that
    1)matchmaking quality is subjective (unless you have done a widespread analysis of matches that shows a greater number of blowouts than previously)
    2)we have proof of 1 cheater going undetected and the talk of 'rampant, widespread cheating' started after he made a video
    3) they explicitly stated they would have non GA feats to keep less competitive players interested/engaged (seems like a good thing)

This exhibition gave them necessary data to evaluate this iteration of a mm algorithm, feats/scoring, and the rewards given. That sounds like far from a failure for a test run

You are presuming the data is analyzed and any changes made are improvements. You assume much and give CG far too much credit based on how they have "fixed" things in the past. Since you just joined the forums less than a year ago, and I have been playing for over three, you'll forgive me if I don't share your optimism. Some of us have lived through Barris nerfs (yes, more than one), Mod-gate, Lando-gate, Pre-fab gate,Tournaments, HSith reward "reworks", multiple character "adjustments" (which were really just more nerfs) and many other poorly handled "fixes" and reactionary changes to the game.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Soz58 wrote: »
    CG, can you please make new content... I would very much like to enjoy your game again and it’s been 2 years since we’ve had a new Raid and I’m extremely bored doing the same Raids/Events over and over again.
    I really do want to have fun again. Thanks

CG releases new content like every 18 months. Everything else is just re-packaged content.

Base PVE battles - TB make em harder and for the whole guild.

Arena - TW make it a team thing, add a guild

Arena - make it more about deep rosters - GA

Game is pretty stale, but I can’t seem to quit, so good job, CG

• My Guild is 60 million GP, so we're nowhere near close to doing Geo TB.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

How do you figure rewards suck? One of the best events for good rewards
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »

How do you figure rewards suck? One of the best events for good rewards

This I agree with. While GAC was a hot mess, the new GeoTB is very well done and one of the best new game modes in a while.

• Intrepid wrote: »

The issue is power creep. Without being gtb difficulty, it'll become easily completed. And most would want to sim the new content asap. So cg has 2 options: create extremely difficult content that we will grow into, or pvp modes.

The other issue is farming. Right now most of the player base is probably trying to gear for TBs and gac. Anything else would take focus off those.

So yes, simming can get boring but it's a lot better than grinding. Maybe try your characters in GA and raids.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Danubiss wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy

GAC is basically just a glorified GA, so there’s really no difference. A lot of people aren’t even doing Geo Tb so that doesn’t really make any difference either.

In a related topic, we haven’t had a content update in 3 weeks, are we getting one this week?

What makes you say a lot of ppl aren't doing geo tb?

I’m at 4.7m gp, the leader of a 110m guild with only 34 members. We ran the first geo Tb and got 7 *’s or so and not one of my guild mates said they wanted to run it again. I’ve seen a lot of others not running it either.

Weird. I'm leader of 107m guild and everyone is excitedly gearing up seps. Maybe try building up some enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm has nothing to do with not wanting to deal with spending 10-15 minutes per battle. I didn’t enjoy it at all, neither did any of my guild.

Yeah... I hate it when things are challenging too. Who wants to spend 10 minutes battling when we should be able to just hit auto, sit back with a mug of cocoa and watch ourselves win! I’m grumpy I even have to do that much! Why can’t they just give me the rewards already and be done with it?!
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

Yup. If it’s hard, people will say its ridiculous and no-one can do it, then others will say it’s too easy, they’ve done it already and now there is nothing to do... waaaaaah waaaaah waaaaah give me stuff.
  • maybe ask the players for new content ideas?
  • The overall idea that we need something to do besides simming and autoing is an interesting idea. I have held my tongue on new ideas over the years but since we are complaining/ spit balling here goes. Sometimes I just want combat. That's it. Strategy, farming, grinding are necessary evils, but combat is fun. I would like to test my toons by having a combat simulator where I set up an enemy team and pit my toons against them to test them. Also I would like an "unofficial arena" where I can fight whoever is #1 in the arena. I just want to be able to face them, only rewards in such a feature would be bragging rights. High paying whale, your team is still #1 so calm down. I just want a shot to face you for fun, win or lose. Also I would love to see a replay of arena matches where I am beaten, I need to know how I am being beaten so I can improve my teams AI defense. For example, I prey on Empire/ Sith combos but if they knew what they could do to stop me they could be impervious to my arena team. I want to see how I am being beaten, other games have a replay feature. I would even be happy to just have a stats report on the team that defeated mine, composition, speeds, mods, don't really need video. I'm not at end-gamer level, but my PVE are all completed, and Galactic War is simmable for me, I play it anyway when I can, I play with under geared toons or nuts team compositions just for a challenge. However I notice GW enemy team compositions are almost totally mixed up, with no team synergy and with (typically) weak mods. This results in not valid enemies to test your toons on. I have teams that can solo GW on auto and still get vaporized in the arena. I like the idea of a new raid, for a new character. Here are some joke suggestions: Maybe a team of imperial officers that your own Vader can sacrifice by force choke for bonus TM, damage and damage immunity lol Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Admiral Motti, etc. A ships raid? Lord knows we are ready for a HMF/ Hounds Tooth counter, maybe a raid that gives us a ship that can defeat them immediately, or a Death Star, its ultimate ability could be to auto defeat an entire fleet, and lock an enemy opponent out of the fleet arena for 24 hours lol. How bout an Endor based TW/ TB? Snowspeeders Vs. AT-AT? Or a new character could be Carbonite Han, and we rescue him from Jabbas palace with Under Cover Lando, Waiter R2, "Bounty Hunter Disguise" Princess Leia, "Captured" Chewbacca, and yes FINALLY Jedi Luke. (Carbonite Hans ability is that he can accidentally defeat Boba Fett while being blind. ) somewhat seriously how about Pod racing against other players? For Credits, Young Anakin (as a kid) could be a character. You could collect modified pod racing parts and buy new pods etc. A race is new content, and not re-hashed. What about it? Would anyone enjoy pod racing?
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TL;DR = The Arenas stay the same, but the strategies increase!

I feel that combat/matchmaking is too one-sided, with the same Revan/Bastilla gangs flooding Squad/Grand Arenas, while a ton of characters seen in Battle nodes are never introduced (what do Bespin Han or Ewok Warrior do?) and many lessers fall by the inevitable wayside as regrettable farming or mere requirements for the next heavy. Here's my proposal: Combo-Breakers. Change the lower characters' stats and abilities so that their mere presence (or use of a special ability) is able to void an opponent leader's slot abilities (of a certain faction or type) until the Breaker is eliminated (or after a number of rounds), then it would be a new strategic matter of how a squad can protect the runt of the litter. This would allow for more, lesser characters to be made, like Kitster, Porgs, Nippet, Lumpy, Kowakian Monkey Lizard, Dr. Evazan, and Ysalamiri or Hoojib (I can dream, can't I?), instead of constantly trying to outdo the next Revan/Bastilla. People would actually be afraid of a Tusken Raider or an Ugnaught! FEAR THE BINKS!

Another aspect to introduce, since Wampas already fill the massive space of a character in-battle, is character mounts: Tauntaun, Bantha, Dewback, Ronto, Eopie, Varactyl, Fathier, etc. These could be equipped with a character type to add extra power to abilities for either the character or the mount, and who knows, the next logical standard of that space could be small mech mounts: AT-RT, STAP, Podracers, and finally the AT-ST!

• chron
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I would like to test my toons by having a combat simulator where I set up an enemy team and pit my toons against them to test them.

Also I would love to see a replay of arena matches where I am beaten, I need to know how I am being beaten so I can improve my teams AI defense. I want to see how I am being beaten, other games have a replay feature. I would even be happy to just have a stats report on the team that defeated mine, composition, speeds, mods, don't really need video.

Maybe a team of imperial officers that your own Vader can sacrifice by force choke for bonus TM, damage and damage immunity lol Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Admiral Motti, etc.

A ships raid?

a new character could be Carbonite Han, and we rescue him from Jabbas palace with Under Cover Lando, Waiter R2, "Bounty Hunter Disguise" Princess Leia, "Captured" Chewbacca, and yes FINALLY Jedi Luke. (Carbonite Hans ability is that he can accidentally defeat Boba Fett while being blind. )

Young Anakin (as a kid) could be a character.

YES to these.
    Also I would like an "unofficial arena" where I can fight whoever is #1 in the arena.

lock an enemy opponent out of the fleet arena for 24 hours lol.

MEH to these.
    a Death Star, its ultimate ability could be to auto defeat an entire fleet

If any new Arena needs to be made, it's the Death Star Trench run! And then a Droid Controlship run! And then Starkiller run!
    how about Pod racing against other players? You could collect modified pod racing parts and buy new pods etc. A race is new content, and not re-hashed. What about it? Would anyone enjoy pod racing?

That might be beyond the scope of the game. Sounds like another game EA/CG could tackle as an alternative to GOH.

PS: Also, increase timed battles to 10 minutes. Some squads are built just to run out the time, and even at 4x that's supremely weak! Or just get rid of timers, since I'm able to fight others' GW squads without timers anyway. Just lock squads in place in all Arenas so that no one has to "wait for opponent" to be done.
    Post edited by chron on
  • Yeah the geo Tb and grand arena championships are so old now it’s crazy

They're reskins dude lol
  • Here is what needs to happen. Allow us to challenge guild members that are offline or online, letting us go head to head online or vrs AI so we can practice teams and play as long as we like. There would be no rewards just the availability to test squads infinity with our friends and guildmates. New content wouldn't matter as much because we could always test / practice as much as we like. Imagine going through your friends pre made squads and picking one to go against in a friendly non- reward match.