What would you guess the next arena meta will be?

What would you guess the next arena meta will be? 106 votes

More kotor
4%
BlargwaharLordFischiousAtzelAkennoTangoSket 5 votes
Clone wars era characters
54%
Mephisto_stylePariah_AnchoriteHK666QuigonlivesVinniarthUltraJP_3PONo_TryJacenRoeplindboeGamorreanJProv99BatFettWoodrowardTekkarEdorfKurrganUgluk199KyJoe_CoolKrjstoffMorambar 58 votes
Something with episode 9
37%
CCyrilSEfranzblauJabob79CombatCommander7RavenclawsDk_rekFürkészNova44ObiJuanPolloWarGuy101theatomicpunTheJEFFtmVaexquaGerEnas_YorlsrwhitewvuwildirishCunningLinguistBlindGuardianSpharynx01YaeVizsla 40 votes
Other
2%
FixerEffAPublicEyeDObi_juan_cannoli 3 votes

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Something with episode 9
    Clones wars will come, but will be more along the lines of BHs. Ep9 will lead to a meta.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Rework windu rework Windu CG better get their act together and rework Windu.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Rework Windu! Like a proper rework, not just the "G13-rework".
  • Something with episode 9
    They waited too long to bring back Malak for there to be a new meta pre episode 9. They might, but it would be very inconsiderate to everyone who is ready for Malak.
  • Clone wars era characters
    Padme with Jar Jar
    The padmé team is just their "malak" away from being meta.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I see both Padme with a 5th and clones as possible metas. It's time for a meta shift and ep 9 is still far away. I expect FO and Rez metas to come out of it.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    More kotor
    Khem Val should come to the tables!

And I would love to see the eternal empire and more swtor stuff. :-)
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Something with episode 9
    They waited too long to bring back Malak for there to be a new meta pre episode 9. They might, but it would be very inconsiderate to everyone who is ready for Malak.

It would be. But they don't care it seems. they got their cash grab and the timing seems perfect to switch to some EP 9 stuff. Ideally they would form some rock, paper, scissors thing with GG, DRevan, Padme and EP 9
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »

It would be. But they don't care it seems. they got their cash grab and the timing seems perfect to switch to some EP 9 stuff. Ideally they would form some rock, paper, scissors thing with GG, DRevan, Padme and EP 9

See one of the other million posts saying what you’re talking about.
    Rock Paper Scissors is all of the following according to the forums
    - a bad analogy for what is intended
    - We have one with grev/revans/padme
    - We will never get one

As for the posted question, i think there’s a missing piece to padme , who will show up in light side tb a la wat tambor making a padme nightmare team.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Something with episode 9

Why would they bother being considerate? They didn't with Malak's first run. They let everyone burn all their resources on DR's team and then a couple weeks later were like "lol new godmode character but you need 2 existing heroes and a whole pile of G12+ and zetas to even try."

One assumes they made a bundle of panic cash from it, and for all the grandstanding about "wallet closed forever, unethical business practice blah blah blah" I'd bet any amount of money that 95% of those same people would turn right around and panic spend again for Epic Confrontation: Fallen Anakin or whatever it ends up being.

Personally I expect clones under Shark Tea to be comparable to the new Geo squad: pretty good but not meta-viable, and probably a few new Republic characters or maybe reworks on some of the godawful Republic Jedi. If they do roll out a CW-era Malak I'm personally hoping to see it get immediately (and rudely) supplanted by Super Awesome Ultra Epicsauce Rey and/or Kylo.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Clone Wars stuff. The question is for how long? Around December 2019, I will expect Ep. 9 stuff riding a wave of consumerism. I can also see other teams in the interim as your question spans a rather long timeframe.
    Stick wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »

See one of the other million posts saying what you’re talking about.
    Rock Paper Scissors is all of the following according to the forums
    - a bad analogy for what is intended
    - We have one with grev/revans/padme
    - We will never get one

As for the posted question, i think there’s a missing piece to padme , who will show up in light side tb a la wat tambor making a padme nightmare team.

In response to the Rock Paper Scissors thing, you may not be wrong about all those thing except that we have one. Just look at the meta report.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Right. So look at the part that says it’s a bad analogy. Because what people mean by Rock Paper Scissors is that they actually want equal percentages of different teams in arena. Not to have rock beat scissors but paper beat rock and lose to scissors.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm expecting big things out of Galactic Republic.

We've gotten Geo reworks, Sep droids minor rework/g13 goodness, Other Seps reworked and released. Gave us the makings of nearly 3 viable teams of seps. Some of those will end up being META at some point (Wat tambor?). Separatist time is ending though. We have a Clone login character.

We got Shaak and Padme with a GK, AT, JKA rework. They basically gave us one complete team. Clones need a rework bad. So do lots of GR Jedi. OR Jedi dominated for way too long. I think we'll see a return of the almost modern Jedi before too long.

We also haven't seen any Separatist era Sith characters reworked or introduced (well Dooku I guess, but there's several others).

Ah so many things to look forward to. I bet we have at least 1 Clone Wars era META before the EP 9 teams start rolling in.
    As much as I wanna say Episode ix characters, it’s still a long ways away. They could easily add Jar Jar to the game, rework Mace Windu and BAM... you have a new meta. Then a couple to a few months after that when Episode ix is almost in theatres, we’ll get the Ep. ix meta. Prolly Knights of Ren, Kylo Ren (Redeemed), Old Luke or something of the sort.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    short term- We got a shaakti marquee.
    I think we get another LS marque soon. Then those 2 marques will be used to get the next marquee right before LS Geo TB comes out. Then, those 3 marquees will be required for the special hammer inside LS TB which then gives you the Ultimate Malak killer meta!

and then Jedi Luke comes out shortly after and kills them all after everyone paid for all those toons!
    Drepd wrote: »
    short term- We got a shaakti marquee.
    I think we get another LS marque soon. Then those 2 marques will be used to get the next marquee right before LS Geo TB comes out. Then, those 3 marquees will be required for the special hammer inside LS TB which then gives you the Ultimate Malak killer meta!

Then we'll get a lot of ep9 marquees. A legendary or 2 that will also bring resistance and first order back into the meta.

Drepd wrote: »
    and then Jedi Luke comes out shortly after and kills them all after everyone paid for all those toons!

Was pretty accurate IMO, you just missed a step.
    Lobot
  • Other
    Darth jarjar!
  • Something with episode 9
    I think CG has Galactic Republic right where they want them - top 3 team but not META.

Next META will be Episode 9 in conjunction with or shortly after the movie release. I foresee 2 META teams coming out of it - Resistance and Knights of Ren.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Is Quinlan Vos important enough to be that 5th?
  • Tryxa wrote: »
    Is Quinlan Vos important enough to be that 5th?

No. We don't even have Ki-Adi yet. What I think we'll get is not just Ki-Adi for the LS Geo, but also a flame trooper commander, ala GBA.