What to buy in the squad arena store

Title said it all. I already have 7* Kanan and Tarkin. Who should i farm next?

Replies

• Princess Leia or Stormtrooper Han, since both are needed to unlock Commander Luke.
  • Yup, then after that I would recommend Asaaj, HK and Nute. Two can get you 7 star Padme, as mine just did, and HK is for Darth Revan, plus I'm not sure I've ever needed many of the other characters.
  • Im thinking about poggle or ig88. Are these 2 character useful rightnow?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Enrico2807 wrote: »
    Im thinking about poggle or ig88. Are these 2 character useful rightnow?

Poggle is part of the newly-awesome Geo team which is needed for Geo TB special missions, and IG88 is needed to unlock the Millennium Falcon. I'd go for Leia and ST Han first though, for CLS - if you're this early on in the game you don't need to worry about either of those things for a while yet.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kookermader
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Definitely go with Leia and Han, since you need them for Commander Luke. I would go for Asajj next and then IG88. Poggle is only good if you have the rest of the Geos, including the new Brood Alpha, until you get the rest of the team around him you won't get much use out of Poggle. IG88 can help you unlock Chewie, so you will want him, but you probably aren't close to being ready to win that fight yet, so I would get Asajj before him.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Not so much for a new player. Poggle can be used on an all geo squad, but Geo Brood Alpha is on cantina 8. Still, if you wanted to start with that squad in mind, it might not hurt. But as others have said, Han and Leia are needed for CLS, and that might be a closer goal.

I'd have to actually sit down and think out how soon a new player could reliably farm from cantina 8 and the other timeline for CLS. You have me wondering if a geo squad right now for a new player would actually frustrate everyone else in arena using the old pillars.
  • Enrico2807 wrote: »
    Title said it all. I already have 7* Kanan and Tarkin. Who should i farm next?

Leia and CLS squad is the big one, Speratists next, Then BH, then Sith would be what I suggest.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Not so much for a new player. Poggle can be used on an all geo squad, but Geo Brood Alpha is on cantina 8. Still, if you wanted to start with that squad in mind, it might not hurt. But as others have said, Han and Leia are needed for CLS, and that might be a closer goal.

I'd have to actually sit down and think out how soon a new player could reliably farm from cantina 8 and the other timeline for CLS. You have me wondering if a geo squad right now for a new player would actually frustrate everyone else in arena using the old pillars.

Definitely would be, until you get to HSTR.
  • So Leia and Stormtrooper Han? Got it. Thanks forall the help
  • 1. Poggle is not in the Squad Arena Store.
    A. Poggle is in the Galactic War Store. (You should not buy him here, like, ever)
    B. For efficiency you should ONLY farm Poggle with Gold Energy from LS Hard 6?, while also farming the IG-2000 since you will eventually need it for the Millennium Falcon.
    C. If you get IG-2000 to 7* before Poggle, then ignore previous warning & finish him at GWS :)

2. Top Characters to farm in Squad Arena Store for "Legendary Events" or Arena/Fleet and a good order to do them.
    A. Kanan & Tarkin for Thrawn & Fleet respectively. You have them.
    B. ST.Han & P.Leia for CLS (And Credit Heists for Han too)
    C. IG-88 for Credit Heists, Chewbaca, & Millennium Falcon
    D. HK-47 for Darth Revan
    E. Admiral Ackbar for LS Fleet & Chimera.
    F. Asajj & Nute for Padme (And Nightsisters for Asajj)

First 7 are mandatory, last 2 are "recommended" & if you get all 9 of those to 7 stars then honestly, your kinda done anything else is optional.

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Enrico2807 wrote: »
    Im thinking about poggle or ig88. Are these 2 character useful rightnow?

Poggle is part of the newly-awesome Geo team which is needed for Geo TB special missions, and IG88 is needed to unlock the Millennium Falcon. I'd go for Leia and ST Han first though, for CLS - if you're this early on in the game you don't need to worry about either of those things for a while yet.

Plus, Poggle is on the same node as IG-88's ship, so anyone farming for Han's Falcon will farm him by proxy. No need to waste arena tokens on him.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Geos with Nute lead could be pretty OP on an early arena shard. One can always replace Nute with Brood Alpha at a later point and/or make the switch to Padme. Geos also provide a very decent starter fleet, especially with the addition of Vulture Droid once it becomes farmable. Building Tarkin + Geos for fleet should allow for early zeta farming.