GG and DR mechanics

DHudson
121 posts Member
I run GG lead sep droids in arena. Several times I’ve attacked a DR team without Malak. GG doesn’t always get his bonus turn before another opponents’ turn. Is this because of “immune to TM reduction” from DR’s lead? Does DR’s lead effect Ani and Padme zeta interactions as well? Is “bonus turn” a bonus turn or TM gain?

Replies

• DHudson wrote: »
    I run GG lead sep droids in arena. Several times I’ve attacked a DR team without Malak. GG doesn’t always get his bonus turn before another opponents’ turn. Is this because of “immune to TM reduction” from DR’s lead? Does DR’s lead effect Ani and Padme zeta interactions as well? Is “bonus turn” a bonus turn or TM gain?

Bonus turn cant be prevented by daze etc , so his lead shouldnt prevent your turn
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    However, a normal bonus turn is still subject to the usual coin-toss if multiple characters have 100% TM.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    However, a normal bonus turn is still subject to the usual coin-toss if multiple characters have 100% TM.

This. In the game mechanics, the "bonus turn" happens by increasing his TM to 100%. If multiple characters are at 100% TM at the same time, the turn order between those characters is random.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I think if GG is feared, he gets his bonus turn and takes no action bc of fear
    HK666 wrote: »

Malak and bshan go before GG while he is stealthed by Magna. HK uses his aoe and kills magna. Fear on GG should expire from taking damage from this aoe. He should get his bonus turn. A bonus is something in addition too. If GG is at 80% TM he should have 80% TM after his bonus turn. If not, it’s an increase to 100% TM not a bonus turn. Same goes for Padme and Ani. Syntax is important. Semantics, I suppose. Lesson learned.

Fairly certain this is always how bonus turns have worked, see Han Solo for another prime example. If your Han wins the coin toss on who goes first, you can remove the tm from the opposing han and delay his opening 'bonus turn'.

The real difference between "bonus turn" and "gain turnmeter" is that the bonus turn cannot be prevented while turnmeter gain can be (like with Malak's unique).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    DHudson wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »

Malak and bshan go before GG while he is stealthed by Magna. HK uses his aoe and kills magna. Fear on GG should expire from taking damage from this aoe. He should get his bonus turn. A bonus is something in addition too. If GG is at 80% TM he should have 80% TM after his bonus turn. If not, it’s an increase to 100% TM not a bonus turn. Same goes for Padme and Ani. Syntax is important. Semantics, I suppose. Lesson learned.

Fairly certain this is always how bonus turns have worked, see Han Solo for another prime example. If your Han wins the coin toss on who goes first, you can remove the tm from the opposing han and delay his opening 'bonus turn'.

The real difference between "bonus turn" and "gain turnmeter" is that the bonus turn cannot be prevented while turnmeter gain can be (like with Malak's unique).

Except that some of them were changed to prioritize the bonus turn over others at 100% TM, like Thrawn's. But as far as I can tell it remains weirdly inconsistent.

Doesn't HK zeta prevent enemy TM? Maybe that's the interaction you are seeing.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Enemies with protection up can't gain bonus turn meter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Droid is defeated, dispels all debuffs on self, resets all his ability cool downs and takes a bonus turn. It's not a bonus turn if GG loses all his current TM. Same issue with Padme and Ani. It's not a bonus turn but an increase in TM. Yoda takes an immediate bonus turn after using an ability; his TM is zero when he gets his bonus turn. Not the same thing.

This is false, and I just tested it to confirm. After using masterstroke GMY has 100% TM for his bonus turn. He does not "gain" TM, but in order to take a bonus turn his TM is set to 100%
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
    No. No it's not. Your argument just further proves mine. Yoda gets his bonus turn because a Jedi is present. He goes immediately after using master stroke gaining 100%TM and as a result goes twice in a row. GG Padme ani and the like don't. It's a max 100% TM not a bonus turn. Bonus indicates additionally. You are not getting an additional turn with GG Padme or Ani. After the "bonus turn" their TM is not the same as it was before the "bonus." See how that works. GG Padme Ani get a bonus TM that's actually an immediate TM increase to 100% but they lose the TM they had before the "bonus turn" was triggered. GG Padme nor Ani gets a bonus turn.

Ah I see now, your argument isn't that getting set to 100% TM is not a bonus turn. Its that you do not go back to your previous tm before said bonus turn, so you therefore do not think it is a 'bonus'.