Need arena advice: losing as JKR, switching to DR

So I've been doing well as JKR for past several months, until the last 4 days or so. I am usually top 100, now I cant break it and I'm hovering around 127. I can't beat DR teams anymore and get wiped easily (this might be a G13 DR thing). So, I have g12 DR, BSF, HK, SiT already - going to mod BSF for speed.

Wondering on my 5th though. I could use Thrawn or GMY, wanted some advice. Mostly facing other DRs sans Malak around me. Some with SiT, some with DN, some with GMY.

Looking for a gameplan to climb back up - thanks.

P.S. I dont have any g13 chars yet but working on DR/BSF now.

Replies

• The different 5th characters is honestly dependent on what team you’re going up against. Yoda is used to counteract BSF; SiT is used when your DR is slower; Sion is used to counteract yoda (who is there to counteract your BSF); Thrawn is used for a variety of things, good ol Swiss Army knife.
    Obviously there’s other uses for these characters as well, but the point is all are useful, depending on what you’re going up against
  • Thank you - going to switch mods on that team right now.
  • Twopac187
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Much depends on where your bsf falls relative to your shard on speed. If it’s on the high end, you can probably go with sion or thrawn without too much trouble. If it’s slower, you’re going to want to funnel speed to yoda or thrawn to make them faster than the bsf you are going against so you can either have tenacity up from yoda or swap Tm with your own bsf with thrawn
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Unless they have Malak you should be competing fine with DR's. They can kill you but you can kill them too just like DR's kill other DR's. Sounds like more of a mod issue you can work on while getting you DR toons rdy. Haven't lost to a DR team on offense in a while. Unless it has malak of course.

If your mods arent up to par, your gonna have the same problems with mirror dr vs dr teams.
  • DiscoSlice
    275 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok, just used the mods optimizer - it gave me (speeds) of:

BSF 290, DR 280, Thrawn 285, HK 212, SIT 139

Does that sound right? I see a 304 BSF around me, a 304 DR, a 323 DR - then some slow BSFs and DRs also. Looks like my DR will mostly be slower, but my BSF looks usually faster than others.

here is my roster if anyone cares to look - hit rank 97 tonight with JKR but think i need to make the switch.

https://swgoh.gg/p/199528483/
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Ok, just used the mods optimizer - it gave me (speeds) of:

BSF 290, DR 280, Thrawn 285, HK 212, SIT 139

Does that sound right? I see a 304 BSF around me, a 304 DR, a 323 DR - then some slow BSFs and DRs also. Looks like my DR will mostly be slower, but my BSF looks usually faster than others.

here is my roster if anyone cares to look - hit rank 97 tonight with JKR but think i need to make the switch.

https://swgoh.gg/p/199528483/

farm mods. Your could end up dropping instead of climbing.
  • what are my goal speeds?
  • Thanks, i switched to DR with Thrawn and SiT. Got to 89 today, from rank 220 as JKR. Progress! And Malak back tomorrow.... :D