Health equalization is too broken when there is so much healing.

Prev1
Darth Revan is busted, but what makes him so busted is health equalization, health equalization should at least punish the team to a certain extent but when you have so much lifesteal that you gain everything back up then it's a stupid mechanic. There is literally 0 counter play and it just makes no sense why you give such a powerful mechanic but don't offer a downside at all to balance it out. Now we have the same thing with Geo's and it's honestly becoming a bit too much to have to deal with, I'm sorry but it's not fun to see your hits do absolutely nothing! I seriously don't see any fun in that

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Respectfully disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I'm glad they went with health equalization for Darth Revan instead of Savior tbh
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I remember being really surprised to find DR's kit didn't prevent savior. Of course the rest of the kit(s) meant that part didn't really matter.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nerf Revan! I mean jkr, that's where everything started to fall apart.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I can't help but read that as "I mean just kidding revan."
  • TVF wrote: »
    Respectfully

U8e38EI.gif

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    You mean just kidding revenue.
  • His health equalization is a detriment as much as a benefit. He loves to drop malak low on health, or he equalizes on his aoe and your aoe is able to kill the toon he equalized with
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Darth Revan is busted, but what makes him so busted is health equalization, health equalization should at least punish the team to a certain extent but when you have so much lifesteal that you gain everything back up then it's a stupid mechanic....

Healing immunity and shock work just fine to keep it under control.
    ....There is literally 0 counter play...

Padma w/Anakin and a GR would disagree.

The droids too....

Oh yeah and JKR with a thrawn....
    ...I'm sorry but it's not fun to see your hits do absolutely nothing! I seriously don't see any fun in that

If your hits do absolutely nothing, you are doing it wrong.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Darth Revan is busted, but what makes him so busted is health equalization, health equalization should at least punish the team to a certain extent but when you have so much lifesteal that you gain everything back up then it's a stupid mechanic....

The droids too....

...I'm sorry but it's not fun to see your hits do absolutely nothing! I seriously don't see any fun in that

I was using JKR with Thrawn, my Yoda is packing insane offense but he still can't do much most of the time
  • Kyno wrote: »

The droids too....

I was using JKR with Thrawn, my Yoda is packing insane offense but he still can't do much most of the time

Can you quantify "insane offense"?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    I can't help but read that as "I mean just kidding revan."
    literally disagree
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

The droids too....

If we could see your gg link we could evaulate if your offense is that good.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Actually nerfing Finn would even fix that

The droids too....

Not gonna happen, my Yoda has more than enough, all 6 dot mods, offense set, pushing over 6500 special offense, I think that's more than enough. I don't understand your obsession with knowing my profile, but you can't blame me for trying to be careful, McMole got banned for a month for something he did that had nothing to do with his account, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to me over having these opinions about the game.
  • Geos have a good 4 counters though. And it makes sense for DK and geos to have that mechanic. Kind of makes sense for NS if ghoul is present with MT.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

The droids too....

Not gonna happen, my Yoda has more than enough, all 6 dot mods, offense set, pushing over 6500 special offense, I think that's more than enough. I don't understand your obsession with knowing my profile, but you can't blame me for trying to be careful, McMole got banned for a month for something he did that had nothing to do with his account, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to me over having these opinions about the game.

Yep, definitely a ban coming your way for having an opinion lol
  • No_Try wrote: »

Jedi Revan pushed the envelope too far, that team is abusing every broken mechanic you can think off, Jolee just sitting there with his insane health, reviving not 1 but all fallen Jedi and good luck trying to burst him down, Revan is just going to heal him back to full.

But I think Malak is on another level, the ability to do 100% of a character's health as a tank, hitting well over 100k with his other special AS A TANK, and the kind of lifesteal that brings him back to full HP constantly, fearing and shocking enemies who crit him it's just absurd, and of course he's under one of the most powerful leaders in the game, nothing can compare
  • A g13 Han solo can't take out a DR team member quick

Can't* or can?

The droids too....

Not gonna happen, my Yoda has more than enough, all 6 dot mods, offense set, pushing over 6500 special offense, I think that's more than enough.

6500 is right where it should be. It's also pretty far from "insane". Mine is at 6400 without much effort into modding him.

If you're having problems against DR I don't think you can blame it on the amount of special offense on your GMY. Maybe share some information about your squad and ask for advice instead of jumping to extreme opinions?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

I couldn't be more glad to get that zeta back which I put on accidentally and never used xD
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Can't you just kill shan first and get hid of the equalization?
  • HK666 wrote: »
    Can't you just kill shan first and get hid of the equalization?

If you for shan you basically get feared by Revan every time which gets rid of your tenacity up and then you're toast

Can't* or can?

Can't? Was my question. Sorry typing interruptions
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    *General Grievous has entered the chat*
  • Have you even seen JKR and Jolee Bindo man? Darth Revan's health equalization is nothing compared to a: instant ressurrection of first defeated ally and b: infinite mass ressurrection on cooldown.

DR's health equalization is his least rewarding zeta by far. You can still one-hit kill him and the equalization would never even take place. Almost anything else in his kit is more OP than that mechanic.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    A g13 Han solo can't take out a DR team member quick

Not sure what this is...but yes, CLS team can kill BSF before she gets a turn.

The droids too....

Oh good lord, take the tin foil hat off. You won't get banned for trying to wor together to analyze whether or not your Yoda is good enough. IF he was truly good enough, I feel like this discussion would not exist.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019

The droids too....

Not gonna happen, my Yoda has more than enough, all 6 dot mods, offense set, pushing over 6500 special offense, I think that's more than enough.
    If what you say is true, you have terrible timing on Yoda's OHKO. I've been testing in my arena and could take out ~50k health+50k protection G13 DRs with only 5900 offense on my GMY (I've moved my best offense set to other teams already), on multiple attempts (probably failed once in 10 attempts, two different teams).

Now if someone mods DR for 60k+ health, you can easily fail with GMY. But there are not so many of those teams lurking around.