Mace Windu rework idea

ZekePhoenix
57 posts Member
edited August 2019
Mace Windu
Light Side, Jedi, Galactic Republic, Attacker, Leader

Basic - Valiant Slash
Dispel all buffs on target enemy then deal TRUE damage equal to 25% of their Max Health, this damage can't be reduced. Then, inflict Shatterpoint for 2 turns, which can't be evaded.
Shatterpoint: Always critically hit by Jedi enemies. If this unit is attacked by Mace Windu, they are Stunned for 1 turn and they gain Armor Shred. If this unit is defeated while it has Shatterpoint, it can't be revived.
Special 1 - Reckoning - CD: 5 turns
Deal TRUE damage to target enemy equal to 50% of their Max Health, this damage can't be reduced. If the target has no dispellable buffs, reduce their Max Protection by 50% until the end of battle, which can't be resisted. This attack can't be evaded.
Special 2 - Smite - CD: 25 Turns
Instantly defeat the target enemy if they are a Sith or a Separatist, otherwise reduce their health to 1. ZETA: All other enemies receive TRUE damage equal to 30% of the defeated enemy's Max Health, which can't be reduced. All Jedi allies recover Health equal to 30% of the defeated enemy's Max Health and non-Jedi Galactic Republic allies recover half that amount. This ability begins on cooldown.
Leader - Battle-Attuned Master of the Force
Jedi allies gain +50% Offense, Defense Penetration, and Potency. Whenever a non-unique buff or debuff is dispelled from a Jedi ally, that ally gains Valor for 2 turns, which can't be prevented.
Valor: This unit's attack always critically hit. If this unit ends its turn with Valor, reduce the cooldown of Smite by 1
Unique - This Party's Over
Mace Windu has +50% Counter Chance. ZETA: In addition, whenever Mace Windu attacks out of turn, he has a 50% chance to inflict Expose on all enemies for 2 turns. Whenever Mace Windu attacks an Exposed enemy, he gains 5% Turn Meter
Unique 2 - Take a Seat
If Mace Windu has no active allies, he gains the following bonuses: +100% Max Health, +30% Max Protection , +50% Counter Chance, and the cooldown of Smite is reduced by 5 at the end of Mace Windu's turn if he has Valor
Post edited by ZekePhoenix on

Replies

• Tell me what you think of this kit, please!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just make him like Mace in the new GeoTB (without the "FINISH JANGO!" move) or the Padme event. I'd take either over what we have now.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • One problem that sticks out to me with this kit is that there’s no way to reduce the cooldown of Smite faster if he’s not the leader.
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    A few words: Too OP

That's exactly what I Was gonna say. U agree Mace needs a rework but that is a little to much.
  • One problem that sticks out to me with this kit is that there’s no way to reduce the cooldown of Smite faster if he’s not the leader.

That is because I wanted him to be the leader, and not be as useful under JKR
  • I don't think Mace Windu needs a huge revamp, but certainly a fix to be sure.

My only real issue with his kit is the way his Expose works in his Unique.

I wouldn't touch his Primary or Leader at all.

What I'd like to see is his Unique (Shatterpoint) combined into his secondary (Smite) in a way that leaves the target Exposed after he debuffs & strikes it.

Then with the TM gain from it he might be able to hit it right away again or someone else would, but either way its removing that stupid "Random + % Chance" mechanic that either doesn't go off or goes off on a completely wrong target.

Instead let him hit who he want's & leave them vulnerable for a Follow Up.

Call the new ability "Shattersmite"

Now, for a Unique, that I would totally come up with something new.

I was thinking about some sort of improvement to his ability to tank & have some focus for helping Jedi &/or fighting Sith.

Level-1 = 5% to Defense (For the fight) & 5% Chance to Taunt (for 1 turn any time he takes an action OR for 1 turn any time an ally is hit... thoughts?), for every Jedi Ally or Sith Enemy.

Level's 2-7 = +1% to either ability alternating (Taking them to 8% each at L7)

Level-8-Omega = +2% to both abilities to max them at 10% each for each qualifying Ally/Enemy.

Call it "Guardian of the Order" or call it "PeaceMAKER" to go with his "We are keepers of the peace" line from the movies.

Without Jedi/Sith on the field, 10% will seem weak.
    In a full Jedi group, hmm 40% isn't bad.
    As a Jedi Group facing a full Sith Group, well 90% Defense/Taunt Chance should make him quite "tanky".

Thoughts?

• I like this, though I would change valiant slash to vaapad.
  • With a kit this good, they'd have to remove him from squad store so level 50s don't blow their tops. But they can't remove him from squad store as the 3 original Cap Ship commanders are there to progress them.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!