GA matchmaking is fair

I just feel like it is. I feel like the people I have fought and the outcomes match my roster, modding , and gameplay.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Matches are far more even than what we saw during GA, which is exactly what CG announced was their goal. Apparently, different players have different oppinions on wether that's fair or not.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Matchmaking is fair until you hit the ~80+ G12 toon threshold. At that point you can easily face someone with over 120 or even 170 G12+ toons, and while ideally you should aim for first attempt wins, that roster depth makes a difference.

The other issue is the existence of leaderboards within division, with the current system. A player with 40 G12 toons can easily get a high ranking in division 1 as long as they have a few meta teams (lower high-gear count yields you easier opponents when you are focused) while someone with a 100+ G12 and another 40 G13 might not even make it to kyber. The first player also might have had a better strategy against their opponents, but the second one would walk over them any day despite being several thousands of ranking behind.