Better rewards in GA.

Qubit
59 posts Member
For the amount of time, energy, and strategy that I put into GA, I really don't feel the rewards are worth it. I've lost a considerable amount of interest, excitement. Every new thing that comes out that involves rewards are just getting worse. I really hope cg, that you make some adjustments as far as rewards are concerned.
Hope this finds you well! Keep fighting the good fight cg!!!!

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Half the time I press auto.

I've won all but 1 GA since the launch of GA
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Half the time I press auto.

I've won all but 1 GA since the launch of GA

Relevance?
  • Options
    I had fun playing, ill take that as my reward anything else was bonus.
  • Options
    I loved the final reward helps with kyros. But now that they are all gone I want another chip to come back. Well played CG!

IMO I think the rewards that need tweaking are the bottom 2 of one round of ga. I hope I explained that correctly.
    2 zetas- first
    1 zeta -2-4
    1 omega 5-7
    1 ship omega 8

Those bottom 2 rungs are pretty severe. And I know I know - get gud! But since matches seem to be a lot closer losing 2 rounds isn’t that crazy.

I would either add a zeta to 5-7 with increasing omegas for places 1 and 2 or scale omegas up a little from 5-8.

I think it is really cool that you get good rewards advancing through the leagues.

I missed out in kyber by 4K because I lost a bit and didn’t do all the achievements. Lesson learned.

I think GAC is a great mode for swgoh. ESP for PvP centric players.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I think the slicing mats tend to get ignored in the rewards discussion. They reduced the amount of 6E cushion some, but increased the lower level slicing mats by a good amount. Actually I should say they added them, since I don't think they were in the rewards pre-GAC. Plus the new currency, which obviously didn't exist before.

I'm not sure why this isn't considered an improvement.

EDIT: I forgot they removed gear, which is the trade-off for the new currnecy. Still, I'd rather have the option to buy Kyro than to get 25 more shield generators.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You mean you don't like putting time into playing a game?
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The fact that they replaced 1 guaranteed zeta mat, and nerfed the slicing materials, up the rewards per week with currency that can't buy you anything is a kick in the balls. What were they thinking? Give us our zeta mat back and slicing mats, too.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    The fact that they replaced 1 guaranteed zeta mat, and nerfed the slicing materials, up the rewards per week with currency that can't buy you anything is a kick in the balls. What were they thinking? Give us our zeta mat back and slicing mats, too.
    TVF wrote: »
    I think the slicing mats tend to get ignored in the rewards discussion. They reduced the amount of 6E cushion some, but increased the lower level slicing mats by a good amount. Actually I should say they added them, since I don't think they were in the rewards pre-GAC. Plus the new currency, which obviously didn't exist before.

I'm not sure why this isn't considered an improvement.

EDIT: I forgot they removed gear, which is the trade-off for the new currnecy. Still, I'd rather have the option to buy Kyro than to get 25 more shield generators.
  • Options
    I wanted to cut down the size of the post so leaving the quote so you're tagged.

The big problem is that the GAC currency doesn't really buy anything. You're not giving up 25 shield generators for 25 Kyrotechs... You're giving up 100 of those other gear pieces for the chance to buy an undetermined amount of Kyrotechs, 6e Mod slicing mats, other slicing mats, and finally an extra Zeta mat (four per month).

I made it to Kyber, so I got 3200 or so currency for my division (7)... for a months work. I've got about 6000 lifetime GAC currency.

They're currently GAC priced at 70 currency per 1 kyrotech salvage. Are you kidding me? The five weeks of GAC exhibitions will give me what? 85 Kyrotechs? Not enough for a g13 finisher nor a single Fleshlight salvage for that g13 finisher.

I'd give back every piece of GAC currency for a return to the old rewards any and every day of the week.

• Options
    It takes like 30 seconds to set your defenses and like maybe 15 mins to do all of your attacks. It isn't like it is a huge time investment.
  • Options
    It takes like 30 seconds to set your defenses and like maybe 15 mins to do all of your attacks. It isn't like it is a huge time investment.

Oh, so it doesn't run a month then? Just 16 mins and its over? It's a month long event and should have rewards that reflect that.
  • Options
    You get plenty during - small coins each match. Rewards per round. And then major coinage at the end.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Oh, so it doesn't run a month then? Just 16 mins and its over? It's a month long event and should have rewards that reflect that.

Ok let's say it takes an hour instead of 15 minutes. That's 12 hours total. Eh.
  • Qubit
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! It's good to hear multiple perceptions of how you see and play. I spend about an hour just going over their characters and mods. Hstr takes less than a hour.
    So I expect a part that takes a month to play would have a lot more. Hopefully their just working out the kinks, ect, before they release more rewards and currency. I mean 1 month of play and at the end, 2 days spending in the store for 15-30 pieces of g13. Rrrrrrright! Then it sits till next GA. Maybe they should consider adding the currency to PvE? Thanks for your opinions and cheers!!!!!!
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    TB is the same thing with GEC.
  • Options

Ok let's say it takes an hour instead of 15 minutes. That's 12 hours total. Eh.

For most end game players, raids last about an hr and provide better rewards overall for doing absolutely nothing.

E.g HPit - do nothing and get guild store currency, shard shop currency, and quite a big of generally useful gear salvage.

Admittedly though, HAAT rewards are generally poor across the board.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options
    TB is the same thing with GEC.

Except that you get a small amount in TW and in HSTR as well (maybe also at lower tiers, I don't know that)
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I wanted to cut down the size of the post so leaving the quote so you're tagged.

The big problem is that the GAC currency doesn't really buy anything. You're not giving up 25 shield generators for 25 Kyrotechs... You're giving up 100 of those other gear pieces for the chance to buy an undetermined amount of Kyrotechs, 6e Mod slicing mats, other slicing mats, and finally an extra Zeta mat (four per month).

I made it to Kyber, so I got 3200 or so currency for my division (7)... for a months work. I've got about 6000 lifetime GAC currency.

They're currently GAC priced at 70 currency per 1 kyrotech salvage. Are you kidding me? The five weeks of GAC exhibitions will give me what? 85 Kyrotechs? Not enough for a g13 finisher nor a single Fleshlight salvage for that g13 finisher.

I'd give back every piece of GAC currency for a return to the old rewards any and every day of the week.

THIS! Overall I think the rewards are "okay to good", they did add Omegas in place of a missing Zeta, so that is not the big insufficiency here. The big insufficiency is the missing gear.

We used to get 25 pieces of good gear for a win. Now we get 700 (not counting event end) coin, and as has been brought up many times 700 buys virtually nothing, aka as per above, 10 kyrotech, or a small amount of other gear, which you should not even entertain buying because there is a HUGE kyrotech bottleneck already and growing.

Yes, there has been some other stuff added which helps the overall "package" and lesson this insufficiency, like crystals, etc, but there is just not enough gear awarded for a month long event plain and simple. What I suggested before was instead of giving us small amounts of "useless" pieces for promotions (exc. holo's those are very useful and needed), give us those small amounts in things we need, Guns, Cuffs, Eyeballs, Callers, Furnaces, MK4 Zaltin, the things we used to get. Then we could use all the currency for Kyro and not feel the insufficiency of not getting any other gear @CG_SBCrumb
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    The gear was great (guns or carbs) or terrible (shields).

You can't ignore the end currency. It's a bonus that never existed before GAC and you get it for no additional work.
  • Options
    The biggest problems is that zetas, IMO, are the most valuable thing in the game. They've taken them away, 6e Mod materials (valuable), and gear that ranges from meh to YAS. We get a chance to get very little out of the shop for those losses.

Completely garbage trade off, IMO.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Takes way less time to use the GAC store 4 quick times every 2 months fun fun fun
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    You get plenty during - small coins each match. Rewards per round. And then major coinage at the end.

Maybe YOU do.... remember all ya’all awesome undefeated kyber kings vast minority.

Would love to go back through forums report all the “undefeated on auto guys”

I would surmise a lot of cheaters egos big enough to come here n brag how they never lose..... drop banhammer on em
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    @Qubit moved to Feedback: General
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Qubit
    59 posts Member
    Options
    "I would surmise a lot of cheaters egos big enough to come here n brag how they never lose..... drop banhammer on em"

Yeah that was a real bummer finding out that way. Really destroyed morale for me! Wish they never had said anything. Yet alone a utube video on it. I say to cg, write a program that will search specifically for whatever ip address is used, and what players have used it. And drop the hammer as the post from the guy above said. Like I said before, keep up the good fight cg!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

This discussion seems to ignore the gear pieces (and crystals) that are in the league promotion boxes, which are not insignificant.