Malak coming soon

124Next

Replies

• JayJayManners
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2019
  • Q: When is Malak returning?
    A: Tophat - Soon. I can't say when yet, but soon. (This isn't the snarky soon tm either, this is just plainly stating soon.)

Yes and because of that, he literally clarified that this wasn't 'the snarky soon tm".
  • We managed to survive so far, we don't even need Malak anymore
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Soon can be tomorrow or it can also be in 6 months.
    Soon means nothing

Not quite. Words have meanings and definitions. Look up the definition of soon... It does not mean a month and definitely doesn't mean 6 months.

The Devs always choose their words wisely.

@JayJayManners , “soon” is a relative term. In fact I did look up the definitions. None of which outright disqualify a month or six months. That’s just your perspective and expectation of how “soon” should be defined. So again, relative.

Dev notes have always included the disclaimer that scheduling is subject to change, anyways.

When a dev goes out of their way to specify that it is "soon" and not "soon tm" that is promising a more realistic definition of soon.
  • Soon can be tomorrow or it can also be in 6 months.
    Soon means nothing
    No, it definitely means something.

Assume bad faith and you'll end up jumping at shadows.
    Still not a he.

I always took soon(tm) as "its comming but we dont have an actual date yet" and soon as "we have a date set"

When that date is?could be tomorrow, next week or october. All of which could be concidered relativly soon
  • Again I refer you to the meaning of the word and Tophat's answer.
    But you are free to have your own interpretation though. Everyone is, in this big beautiful galaxy of heroes😁
  • Again I refer you to the meaning of the word and Tophat's answer.
    But you are free to have your own interpretation though. Everyone is, in this big beautiful galaxy of heroes😁

I agree we have our own interpretation. Yours is rooted in a dictionary. Mine in past observances.

Neither of us are wrong, but i trust in the patterens ive seen and that's soon is the same as ???

I personally think malak will be after dr to squeeze every dime they can before a meta shift.
  • I think Malak will be next month like a week after DR. That way they can both appease the people who are currently ready for DR and Malak and can milk money out of them by forcing them to gear DR on a fixed window knowing that there will be a 6 month wait if they don't.
  • I think Malak will be next month like a week after DR. That way they can both appease the people who are currently ready for DR and Malak and can milk money out of them by forcing them to gear DR on a fixed window knowing that there will be a 6 month wait if they don't.

Nah,everyone interested for malak have geared hoarded up to get everyone at g13,their loss big time since they delayed him for that long.

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »

Dev notes have always included the disclaimer that scheduling is subject to change, anyways.

To be fair, this time in the Q&A they specifically claimed it would be the usual understanding of soon, rather than the past CG application of soon.

Please see original quote.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »

To be fair, this time in the Q&A they specifically claimed it would be the usual understanding of soon, rather than the past CG application of soon.

Please see original quote.

???

"A: Tophat - Soon. I can't say when yet, but soon. (This isn't the snarky soon tm either, this is just plainly stating soon.)"

Does this not match what I said?

EDIT: Reading it again, maybe not. Ugh.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dun u know? Everything comes in august, if not October.
This discussion has been closed.