What non-phoenix character works well w/phoenix team?

VicMackey
23 posts Member
edited August 2019
Hi everyone! Qik Q: Are there any non-phoenix characters that would work well being on the Phoenix team from a synergy standpoint? This would just be for those monents in GW when I can't quite get past a node with Hera (L), EB, Chopper, Zeb, KJ. I'd throw Sabine in there but she is still not very good yet at 4-star.

https://swgoh.gg/p/653978666/

Thank you

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Nobody really works well with them. Phoenix is only decent because of the uniques they share with each other. If you remove one member the other 4 lose that unique and they are all worse as a result. There are plenty of characters so powerful that they are individually better than the combined effect of the whole team getting a free unique (Revan, GG, etc). But those characters belong on other teams way better than Phoenix, and they don't synergize with or improve the Phoenix characters.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You should probably just keep building your roster. Also, make sure you're farming as many mods as you can. Only keep ones with speed secondaries.

Did you take a huge break? It says you joined swgoh.gg three years ago. If that's the case, many people would tell you to consider starting over as you only have a few weeks' worth into that account, but are on a shard with players of three years.
  • Yeah, everything above...
    If they could do the unique swapping behind ackbar they would be awesome. But they cant
  • Thank you all for the great advice.

Crzydroid: yeah man... I played hardcore for a year in 2016/17...but was ignorant of linking my account to Google play. Phone died and I lost EVERYTHING. **SIGH**. I just recently decided to start back up from scratch.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    You should probably just keep building your roster. Also, make sure you're farming as many mods as you can. Only keep ones with speed secondaries.

That's what I'm focused on now for sure. I'm working primarily on my Phoenix team as it appears to considered the best starting line up (for new players or someone like me having to start from scratch again). Also working on building my Empire team. Trying to take the typical road towards getting Thrawn, Palp... And then CLS

• VicMackey wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

That's what I'm focused on now for sure. I'm working primarily on my Phoenix team as it appears to considered the best starting line up (for new players or someone like me having to start from scratch again). Also working on building my Empire team. Trying to take the typical road towards getting Thrawn, Palp... And then CLS

Honestly, I'm not convinced it's worthwhile to go right for CLS after Empire. And if it wasn't for the fact that you'll need a good DS team early on (and their ships), I wouldn't even say Empire is the best choice for a 2nd team either.

With that said, I would definitely go for Empire after Phoenix, but then I'd switch focus to Jedi Revan. By the time you get Phoenix, you'll have the nodes you need to farm the JKR toons and they'll be a much better arena team to transition to (though their meta days will be long behind them at that point) than CLS who isn't really needed for anything in particular and needs at least one other Legendary toon (Chewbacca) if not 2 (C3PO) to be a really good PVP team. Both of which require very well geared and modded BH/Ewok teams to get.
  • Lobot
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    VicMackey wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Honestly, I'm not convinced it's worthwhile to go right for CLS after Empire. And if it wasn't for the fact that you'll need a good DS team early on (and their ships), I wouldn't even say Empire is the best choice for a 2nd team either.

With that said, I would definitely go for Empire after Phoenix, but then I'd switch focus to Jedi Revan. By the time you get Phoenix, you'll have the nodes you need to farm the JKR toons and they'll be a much better arena team to transition to (though their meta days will be long behind them at that point) than CLS who isn't really needed for anything in particular and needs at least one other Legendary toon (Chewbacca) if not 2 (C3PO) to be a really good PVP team. Both of which require very well geared and modded BH/Ewok teams to get.

One reason I might feel like CLS is a good idea in spite of that is because we are past due for Jedi Luke, which will surely require him.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    None.