What about promoting EP9?

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

    And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

    And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

    Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

    Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.

    Lol only if they let it die.... they have enough current content in print to last to phase 300.

    Star wars is fine. EP9 in perspective would be end of star wars phase 1

    Star wars will continue to thrive no matter whos running it cause its SW
  • Stick
    301 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

    And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

    And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

    Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

    Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.

    Yea Star Wars was really struggling without a tonne of new content a few years back. Wasn’t worth much that’s why Disney picked it up for such a cheap price.
    Mcu is not Star Wars. Star Wars defies trend and mcu is the trend.
  • Stick wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

    And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

    And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

    Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

    Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.

    Yea Star Wars was really struggling without a tonne of new content a few years back. Wasn’t worth much that’s why Disney picked it up for such a cheap price.
    Mcu is not Star Wars. Star Wars defies trend and mcu is the trend.

    Yea your right $4 billion is peanuts
  • Stick wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

    And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

    And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

    This is probably the truest thing I've read on this forum.

    I have literally not heard one bad thing about Galaxy's Edge. Last Jedi was excellent.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gorem
    1152 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Oh wow, the select few extremely few star wars fans are going to watch ep 9.

    Meanwhile the rest of us are not

    People boycotted the Han solo movie and the movie tanked. The reason we don't have any new "We just want to make money off star wars people that kiss the dirt under our feet star wars stories" is because of the boycott on the Han Solo one.

    Episode 8 was one of the worst movies of all time, not just star wars. It sort out to ruin everything great. It made Seven worse. People liked Seven before Eight existed. No matter what your minority opinion is, Episode eight is terrible.

    OT was made years and years ago and is still the better watch, it had more everything, more effort put into it, better acting, better choreography (did you even see that whole scene with the "dancing" Red guys against Rey and Kylo? the choreography was terrible), better writing, ect.

    You can keep being blind and pretending facts and the truth doesn't exist, but Ep 9 won't be as successful as you think, unless they drastically change things.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Oh wow, the select few extremely few star wars fans are going to watch ep 9.

    Meanwhile the rest of us are not, don't be naive. Don't be low IQ. Don't be a child.

    People boycotted the Han solo movie and the movie tanked. The reason we don't have any new "We just want to make money off star wars people that kiss the dirt under our feet star wars stories" is because of the boycott on the Han Solo one.

    Episode 8 was one of the worst movies of all time, not just star wars. It sort out to ruin everything great. It made Seven worse. People liked Seven before Eight existed. No matter what your minority opinion is, Episode eight is terrible.

    OT was made years and years ago and is still the better watch, it had more everything, more effort put into it, better acting, better choreography (did you even see that whole scene with the "dancing" Red guys against Rey and Kylo? the choreography was terrible), better writing, ect.

    You can keep being blind and pretending facts and the truth doesn't exist, but Ep 9 won't be as successful as you think, unless they drastically change things.

    doublefacepalm.jpg
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Oh wow, the select few extremely few star wars fans are going to watch ep 9.

    Meanwhile the rest of us are not, don't be naive. Don't be low IQ. Don't be a child.

    People boycotted the Han solo movie and the movie tanked. The reason we don't have any new "We just want to make money off star wars people that kiss the dirt under our feet star wars stories" is because of the boycott on the Han Solo one.

    Episode 8 was one of the worst movies of all time, not just star wars. It sort out to ruin everything great. It made Seven worse. People liked Seven before Eight existed. No matter what your minority opinion is, Episode eight is terrible.

    OT was made years and years ago and is still the better watch, it had more everything, more effort put into it, better acting, better choreography (did you even see that whole scene with the "dancing" Red guys against Rey and Kylo? the choreography was terrible), better writing, ect.

    You can keep being blind and pretending facts and the truth doesn't exist, but Ep 9 won't be as successful as you think, unless they drastically change things.

    Most of this is wrong and only serves to prove his point.

    The actual reason we don't have new movies is because: it's not time. Episode seven was released first, then rogue one, last jedi, and Solo. meaning the next movie will be episode nine. not to mention that the Mandalorian tv show is filming.

    Episode 8 being bad would be your opinion. but it's by no means one of the worst movies ever. Seven was never a great movie. it is boring and repetitive but draws us back into star wars in a new era. Don't confuse 'This movie didn't do what I was dreaming it would' with 'its a bad movie'.

    The effort put in is intangible.
    Whatever actors play these parts will always be overshadowed by what came before.
    Better choreography than what? A blind guy accidentally hitting a jet pack with a spear and he rockets to his death?
    What exactly makes it better writing? There were lots of things wrong with the writing in the originals. Old ben lying and explains himself by saying from a certain point of view. or there being three different people who were their last hope, for convenience.
    Stop romanticizing the past. Just because you have nostalgia over the past for those movies doesn't make them untouchable.

  • Rake6
    354 posts Member
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!
  • CCyrilS
    2524 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    That's why you need to promote it to the rest?
  • Millions can still be 3% when talking about a fandom as large as SW. But you keep being your toxic self, @Rake6.
  • Stenun
    497 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:
  • Nauros
    2613 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:

    Ssssh, don't take the feeling of importance away from them. They even think that Solo did poorly because of them instead of a whole bunch of other factors such as the timing or almost nonexistent marketing, isn't it cute?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Stenun
    497 posts Member
    Addendum:
    Just scanned through the wikipedia article for The Rise Of Skywalker and came across this little sentence:
    "The trailer was viewed 111 million times in the first 24 hours of its release, which was 20 million more views than the teaser for The Last Jedi and more than double that of The Force Awakens."

    But as I say, good luck with the boycott. :smile:
  • Stick
    301 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!
    You’re so blind to this eh ? You just named such obscure YouTube channels and it only further proves my point. My parents will see and enjoy Star Wars man. And they were teenagers in 1977. They aren’t even aware of the hate on last jedi , as with most people who will go and watch the new movie. It’s you going to those channels , seeing those toxic nerds and convincing yourself it’s the majority. Just read the guys comment below who does the math on your channels there. @Rake6
    Stick wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ep9 is gonna tank. Everyone is boycotting. Look what happened to the theme park. Disney sucks. Swgoh does not need this trash. Well at least if they don't want to lose money.
    @Rake6
    I just quoted this so I can find this thread in a couple months when episode nine tops force awakens sales. People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.

    And you’re the definition of toxic fandom , last jedi was great , it’s just a vocal minority who gets themselves wound up over it. They just tell each other that everyone hates it until they believe it. If you need a source re read this thread.

    And to your point about Disney parks. Are you referring to the fact that Disney parks were down 3% over the ( still unfinished) summer ? Ouch three percent , I recon that’s about how many fans were upset about last jedi too. The park sold less seasonal passes this year purposely to control overcrowding BECAUSE they added the Star Wars park and didn’t want to hurt everyone’s general experience with even long waits. Get some trustworthy sources and take off the tin foil hat. Star Wars is doing just fine.

    Not really after EP IX there really isnt much to do that is worth watching.

    Same with marvel. After phase 5 the MCU will die.

    Yea Star Wars was really struggling without a tonne of new content a few years back. Wasn’t worth much that’s why Disney picked it up for such a cheap price.
    Mcu is not Star Wars. Star Wars defies trend and mcu is the trend.

    Yea your right $4 billion is peanuts

    Not sure if you caught my sarcasm in my post , but hopefully you’re just going along with it.

    I was being sarcastic to make semigods claim seem ridiculous. Basically I was saying a lack of (which there isn’t) announced future content doesn’t mean Star Wars isn’t in good shape.
  • Stick
    301 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Oh wow, the select few extremely few star wars fans are going to watch ep 9.

    Meanwhile the rest of us are not, don't be naive. Don't be low IQ. Don't be a child.

    People boycotted the Han solo movie and the movie tanked. The reason we don't have any new "We just want to make money off star wars people that kiss the dirt under our feet star wars stories" is because of the boycott on the Han Solo one.

    Episode 8 was one of the worst movies of all time, not just star wars. It sort out to ruin everything great. It made Seven worse. People liked Seven before Eight existed. No matter what your minority opinion is, Episode eight is terrible.

    OT was made years and years ago and is still the better watch, it had more everything, more effort put into it, better acting, better choreography (did you even see that whole scene with the "dancing" Red guys against Rey and Kylo? the choreography was terrible), better writing, ect.

    You can keep being blind and pretending facts and the truth doesn't exist, but Ep 9 won't be as successful as you think, unless they drastically change things.
    Gorem wrote: »
    Oh wow, the select few extremely few star wars fans are going to watch ep 9.

    Meanwhile the rest of us are not, don't be naive. Don't be low IQ. Don't be a child.

    People boycotted the Han solo movie and the movie tanked. The reason we don't have any new "We just want to make money off star wars people that kiss the dirt under our feet star wars stories" is because of the boycott on the Han Solo one.

    Episode 8 was one of the worst movies of all time, not just star wars. It sort out to ruin everything great. It made Seven worse. People liked Seven before Eight existed. No matter what your minority opinion is, Episode eight is terrible.

    OT was made years and years ago and is still the better watch, it had more everything, more effort put into it, better acting, better choreography (did you even see that whole scene with the "dancing" Red guys against Rey and Kylo? the choreography was terrible), better writing, ect.

    You can keep being blind and pretending facts and the truth doesn't exist, but Ep 9 won't be as successful as you think, unless they drastically change things.

    @Gorem

    “ don’t be low iq” - well put, hows your iq ? I tend to determine my level of intelligence based on how many internet conspiracies I believe.

    8 didn’t make seven worse. Your just upset over snoke being a pawn of the story , over Rey’s parents not being someone related to the old star wars , or exactly the same as Luke’s story. You’re mad that the black guy doesn’t have the force because you like mace windu. You’re mad that luke died. You think luke deserved better , you think that Rey shouldn’t be so good , but also that her fight wasn’t good enough. Makes sense.

    Oh. And boycotting , is not the same thing as nerds (who hate women because they can’t find a girlfriend) getting childish towards things they worked themselves up over and staying at home. I went to see Solo, there was no one outside the theatre , there was no one trying to stop me from seeing it, well maybe YouTube video hosts. That’s not a boycott. I can’t stand vegetarians and vegans and animal rights advocates , but at least they have the courage to actually boycott and stand out in public view for something they believe. Meaning they can be called anything but a coward. You don’t.


    The production behind the movie is why it suffered financially, anyone can see that. They paid to shoot 2 movies essentially and released it in poor timing and with bad marketing.
  • Stick wrote: »
    People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.
    Ian McDiarmid literally walks on stage after the laugh sequence with crowd going bananas and in his signature Palpatine voice says, “Roll it, again”.
    Palpatine May be in the movie, but not in a form we believe or is currently under speculation.




  • Stick wrote: »
    People went apesh*t when they just heard a laugh they THOUGHT was palpatine in a 2 minute trailer for episode 9.
    Ian McDiarmid literally walks on stage after the laugh sequence with crowd going bananas and in his signature Palpatine voice says, “Roll it, again”.
    Palpatine May be in the movie, but not in a form we believe or is currently under speculation.




    Yeah and it's making people hyped
  • Dk_rek
    3118 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:

    yeah and there are actually a lot of reasons why Solo underperformed. If you added 26 million to the final solo tally from the "boycotters" literally nothing would have changed from what we have now.

    I thought Solo was great...maybe I'm in the minority, who knows.

  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:

    yeah and there are actually a lot of reasons why Solo underperformed. If you added 26 million to the final solo tally from the "boycotters" literally nothing would have changed from what we have now.

    I thought Solo was great...maybe I'm in the minority, who knows.

    The issue with Solo is the original director quit and left Ron Howard to splice together a movie and reshoot over 60% of it. And unfortunately that caused the disconnect in the movie. The new Hellboy had the same issue.

    It’s a good story, but there was too much emphasis on those dice that are in the Falcon’s window for 3 seconds in episode 4 then never showed up again. And who is Nest’s Mother and Father and why does her music score have duel of the fates undertones? And who is Nest to the Rebellion and who does her child grow up to be in the Rebellion?
  • VonZant
    3703 posts Member
    I loved Solo. Probably my 2nd favorite movie after Rogue 1.

    The problem is people are lemmings and just want to join a movement just to belong and listen to others and hate something. It's much easier than thinking for yourself, it turns out.
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    Danubiss wrote: »
    The movie isn’t out for another 4 months and you want them to start introducing characters for it? Really?

    Kind of.... its gonna take that long or longer to farm them up to a usable level without using the apk modifier to hack the game.

    You do realize that's not how that works right?
  • Stokat
    449 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:

    yeah and there are actually a lot of reasons why Solo underperformed. If you added 26 million to the final solo tally from the "boycotters" literally nothing would have changed from what we have now.

    I thought Solo was great...maybe I'm in the minority, who knows.

    I loved Solo, it’s one of the better Star Wars movies imo (my favourite is Rogue One).
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Guys, go watch geeks and gamers channel on youtube, nerdrotic, redlettermedia. There are millions who are boycotting. You are the ones who speak to a few people lol. But I guess that's to be expected of people who like ep8 lol. Rip!

    I rarely watch those sorts of videos on youtube but I decided to check out the subscriber numbers of the ones listed here.
    Geeks and Gamers: 180k. Nerdrotic: 113k. RedLetterMedia: 1,033k.
    That comes to 1,326,000 people subscribed to these channels (assuming nobody subscribes to more than one of these channels although they probably do but let's be generous).

    So even if all these people participate in the boycott (and I doubt they will), that's a boycott of Ep IX by 1,326,000 people? You really think that's a significant number when it comes to Star Wars?
    The Last Jedi took in $1.333 billion. Even if these 1,326,000 were each going to go to an expensive cinema and pay $20 each, that's a decline of $26.5 million in box office terms.
    Meaning that a repeat performance by The Rise Of Skywalker, minus the $26.5 from this boycott, would mean that The Rise Of Skywalker will gross roughly $1.306 billion.

    This will make it the 15th highest grossing movie of all time.

    Personally, I'm going to a midnight screening on the opening day.

    But good luck with your boycott ... ! :smiley:

    yeah and there are actually a lot of reasons why Solo underperformed. If you added 26 million to the final solo tally from the "boycotters" literally nothing would have changed from what we have now.

    I thought Solo was great...maybe I'm in the minority, who knows.

    The issue with Solo is the original director quit and left Ron Howard to splice together a movie and reshoot over 60% of it. And unfortunately that caused the disconnect in the movie. The new Hellboy had the same issue.

    It’s a good story, but there was too much emphasis on those dice that are in the Falcon’s window for 3 seconds in episode 4 then never showed up again. And who is Nest’s Mother and Father and why does her music score have duel of the fates undertones? And who is Nest to the Rebellion and who does her child grow up to be in the Rebellion?

    The original director(s) didn't quit, they were fired.
  • Ok to answer the original point of the post.

    It's a bit early for ep 9 content. That is due to the marque having a paywall for 3 months and then a two week farming period to encourage spending. So maybe in a few weeks we may see some marques to lead to a journey. But it may also be later with a journey character being released a few months after the movie and the marques being with the release. Probably depends on the way the event goes.

    Rey pretty much has her journey in ep 8 by herself and with kylo. We already have both of them so not much of a paywall there. You could add old man luke but that's still only one marque.

    So my guess is they'll add ep 9 characters and have some kind of event after the movie is out so they don't have to worry about spoilers.

    And for the other debate in this post.

    I have no idea whether the fans will boycott ep 9 in numbers making a difference. I may or may not go see it. I have some real problems with ep 7 and ep 8 from a storytelling perspective.

    1. Rey seems to gain powers and be able to use jedi mind tricks and beat kylo in ep 7 (and ep 8) with no training what so ever. This is just bad story teelling in my opinion. The hero has to be allowed to fail so we can see growth. Luke fails when he faces vader and loses his hand. Anakin thinks he's powerful in ep 2 and loses an arm to dooku (even with training). Rey should have been allow to fail in the first two movies to make her eventual triumph much more meaningful.

    2. Snoke was made into a big deal just to be discarded in ep 8. Now this may be made better with an explanation in ep 9 but it just feels a bit disconnected. And in my opinion, it is not too much to ask that they had a story outlined for the trilogy. And watching ep 7 and ep 8, they feel like they just don't flow very well.

    3. There are some issues with the choreography with the throne room fight. The most noticeable is when one on the pratorian guards swings at Rey and she is supposed to duck but misses it. He changes his movement and swings above her head. Sorry but in a mulitmillion dollar production, that shouldn't make it in the final cut. There are some issues with the choreography in ep 4 but taken in context that the film was low budget even for the time, I'm more forgiving. With new movies I expect it to surpass the prequel movies in terms of epic lightsaber fights, yet we have very little in lightsaber fights in two movies.

    4. They broke hyperspace. If a ship could just turn around and hyperspace into the enemy fleet, that would have been helpful for both death star battles. The fact that it is a thing now and no one thought of it before is just laughable. Do they not have a story group that thinks of stuff like this before they put it in the movie?

    5. Pointless story threads in ep 8 to feed an agenda. The whole casino planet storyline seemed to add nothing to the story other than to paint rich people as bad for making money off of war and being mean to animals. And I'm nit even arguing with the message here. Just that the messages in ep 8 seemed forced at the expense of the story.

    Those are just a few of the bigger issues I have with the sequel movies. Combined, it's enough to pull me out of the movies and make them less enjoyable.

    Is it enough to make me boycott ep 9? Probably not. I'll probably go see it once. But I went to see Revenge of the sith 4 times. Rogue One 3 times. The Force awakens 3 times. And the last jedi 3 times. (It took a few viewings for the issues to reaally bug me. And the more times you watch it, the worse it gets).

    So I only saw Solo once. It was a decent enough movie but nothing special. Soif there are enough fans like me, that are just not caring enough to see the movie multiple times, then it may be enough to make the movie less successful. It's hard to tell really. I may even wait for reviews and if they aren't good, wait until it is streaming to see it. I never thought I would even consider that with a star wars movie.

    And as far as the park goes. I was excited when I heard about it. But as more information came (like that it doesn't have any iconic scenes or characters and is instead just a planet that isn't in any of the movies, I just don't care anymore. I'm sure there are more fans like me that are just meh on the new park.

    Look up the initial plans for lucas world. That has iconic locations from both the ot amd the prequels. That would have me excited and wanting to go. But a planet that no one knows much about is just meh.
  • If they do add E9 characters who would they be? The Sith Trooper we've seen released? Full on Jedi Rey? Ghost Luke? Who else?
  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    If they do add E9 characters who would they be? The Sith Trooper we've seen released? Full on Jedi Rey? Ghost Luke? Who else?

    We don’t know yet
Sign In or Register to comment.