Can we get update on some old modes like Galactic War?

Prev1
Rake6
442 posts Member
edited August 10
I really enjoyed that mode back in the day. Now its worthless. Can older players have access to harder version of that mode so we actually play it? I'm talking Geo tb hard version with some nice rewards. We will decide if we want to play the old or the new version.

Maybe randomize the availability of our toon when play it. Make it longer like 24 fights.

I don't know about you guys but I like the game and its really boring to do the same stuff every day.

Maybe expand LS and DS battles . Instead of moving toons back and fourth on the same nodes create new ones which are really hard. Add more replayability to the game.

Replies

  • SemiGod
    1925 posts Member
    I doubt it.

    Theres no way to monetize it because you can just use JKR / DR and hit auto.
  • I would LOVE new PvE content (and associated rewards)! Why no new LS/DS/Cantina levels??? Many of us maxed those out long ago. C’mon, CG! Some of this content can’t be that hard to produce. Your player base wants more. Please give it to us. Also, in the next QoL update either add stun guns to the TAC Gear Challenge or add new more challenging daily challenge levels with better gear as rewards. Fact is, the gear grind is real and QoL needs to address that issue.

    rvd6ef5yc8ej.jpeg
  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    I would LOVE new PvE content (and associated rewards)! Why no new LS/DS/Cantina levels??? Many of us maxed those out long ago. C’mon, CG! Some of this content can’t be that hard to produce. Your player base wants more. Please give it to us. Also, in the next QoL update either add stun guns to the TAC Gear Challenge or add new more challenging daily challenge levels with better gear as rewards. Fact is, the gear grind is real and QoL needs to address that issue.

    rvd6ef5yc8ej.jpeg

    Many of these game modes are meant to be early game.

    It may not be hard to develop, but it is also extremely short lived. New levels get beat and simmed within a short period of time.
    Q: How about making changes to the Galactic War mode to make it more endless (survival mode) and open it up to more meta squads?
    A: TopHat - Now this is something we've talked way more seriously about. We have some designs around it and we're fleshing it out. That does not mean it will see the light of day, but we think there's fertile ground here. Ultimately, we want to figure out what does this mode roll up into (part of the champsionship structure, some sort of new pve challenge mode, etc) before we build it out.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Thanks Kyno. That does sound good!
  • MoBlaq
    543 posts Member
    edited August 14
    GW is actually in a good spot. Not too hard and you can use it for doing Prestigious Quests fairly easily. I disagree with people who want it hard again. They will be the same ones complaining about DR teams on the final 3 nodes!!!
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Iy4oy4s
    1082 posts Member
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    GW is actually in a good spot. Not too hard and you can use it for doing Prestigious Quests fairly easily. People who want it hard again are on crack. They will be the same ones complaining about DR teams on the final 3 nodes!!!

    Keep it the way it is until you can sim it, then make it really hard. This way, you get a challenge everyday and if it’s too hard, just sim it and try again the next day. Problem solved.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    GW is actually in a good spot. Not too hard and you can use it for doing Prestigious Quests fairly easily. People who want it hard again are on crack. They will be the same ones complaining about DR teams on the final 3 nodes!!!

    Keep it the way it is until you can sim it, then make it really hard. This way, you get a challenge everyday and if it’s too hard, just sim it and try again the next day. Problem solved.

    Agreed. Besides I recall they made it easier back when GW victories were one of the daily challenges for guild tokens (now replaced by all energy on Tuesdays).
  • JDIII
    1651 posts Member
    Why yes you can. Update on Galactic War: Nothing is changing! You have a better chance of Malak coming twice to the game. Update end. :)
  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    Endless challenging Galactic War nodes would be fantastic! It might not be sandbox mode, but it’s the closest thing to it that we can earn rewards from. B)

    Endless rewards will never be a thing, but it would be nice to have an endless mode that we could get rewards from once a day.
  • I’ve been doing it again lately to farm payouts for IG-88’s prestigious quest. 12 per go is pretty quick.

    What I plan on doing once I don’t need F I V E H U N D R E D payouts is playing through it to see how far I can get with jawas. Then sim when they die.

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...
  • Many good ideas here, I agree Kyno, sims should have been a slider.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I've been playing it too to get the jedi quest. I kinda forgot about those quests and now I'm doing them cuz there's nothing to do.

    Maybe make endless and the reward will depend on how much nodes you conquer
  • Iy4oy4s
    1082 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Problem with that is the “more difficult” nodes are not hard and thus defeats the purpose of getting to the hard nodes...it’s a vicious cycle.
  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Problem with that is the “more difficult” nodes are not hard and thus defeats the purpose of getting to the hard nodes...it’s a vicious cycle.

    Yeah, but it gives us a chance to play with underused teams, even if they will still win.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I always wondered how many people fought my galactic war team. If I set DR team to be used last will it show for someone to fight it?

    Few days ago I saw they show GAC stats in swgoh gg, so it can't be that hard to add how many times you defended and the total of GW fights against your def team.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.
  • CCyrilS
    3671 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?
  • CCyrilS
    3671 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

    Idk... i have 0 recollection of that. Would be nice though.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

    Idk... i have 0 recollection of that. Would be nice though.

    If you only have 8 sim tickers you cant sim the whole GW...
  • CCyrilS
    3671 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

    Idk... i have 0 recollection of that. Would be nice though.

    If you only have 8 sim tickers you cant sim the whole GW...

    Yeah. Bet that's it. I always have like 8 or 9 sim tix
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

    Idk... i have 0 recollection of that. Would be nice though.

    If you only have 8 sim tickers you cant sim the whole GW...

    Yeah. Bet that's it. I always have like 8 or 9 sim tix

    I'd give you some of my 81k if I could.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    ...

    GW, as is, is one of the best modes because I don't have to worry about finishing. I can just do the fun part and then sim if I run out of time.

    I wished they had given a slider, it would have been nice to sim the first 8 or so, to just play the "more difficult " nodes...

    Sims did have a slider on GW for a short stint, if my memory serves me correctly. Either that, or I imagined it and made it real in my head because it is logical to have a slider on GW Sims.

    Nope

    Could it have been an A/B test then? I'm nearly positive I could set the number of sim tickets I used in GW for a brief period of time.

    Or did I just have a Force Vision and see the future of GW?

    I think I remember this, too, but it may just be that memory is faulty and you talking about it has incepted it into my brain.

    At the very least, I know that if you’re wrong you’re not crazy!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    That is Mandela effect ya'll!
  • Psycosaltine
    470 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Rake6 wrote: »
    That is Mandela effect ya'll!

    ^this. Probably one of the craziest phenomenon ever. Love the Mandela effect

    "Luke, i am your father" is another really common instance of this.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ghost_Goh wrote: »
    I would LOVE new PvE content (and associated rewards)! Why no new LS/DS/Cantina levels??? Many of us maxed those out long ago. C’mon, CG! Some of this content can’t be that hard to produce. Your player base wants more. Please give it to us. Also, in the next QoL update either add stun guns to the TAC Gear Challenge or add new more challenging daily challenge levels with better gear as rewards. Fact is, the gear grind is real and QoL needs to address that issue.

    rvd6ef5yc8ej.jpeg

    Many of these game modes are meant to be early game.

    It may not be hard to develop, but it is also extremely short lived. New levels get beat and simmed within a short period of time.
    Q: How about making changes to the Galactic War mode to make it more endless (survival mode) and open it up to more meta squads?
    A: TopHat - Now this is something we've talked way more seriously about. We have some designs around it and we're fleshing it out. That does not mean it will see the light of day, but we think there's fertile ground here. Ultimately, we want to figure out what does this mode roll up into (part of the champsionship structure, some sort of new pve challenge mode, etc) before we build it out.

    Could create mythic versions of them with a 5 clear limit per week that offer higher drops and include possibility for things like omegas or zetas (small % chance of course). The excuse that they are meant for early game is a lazy excuse. Plenty of other games utilize utilize early game content in end game but with increased difficulty. This game desperately needs additional PVE content. Pve content yields rewards that help in PVP so there is no reason not to include more PVE content. People have been asking for this for quite some time and if the ultimate goal is just to have a game be completely based around PVP content then they should just cut the middle man out and remove PVE in it's entirety. There are countless phone games that are able to monetize both PVE and PVP content so again it's a lazy excuse. This game is full of lazy excuses and it's starting to get old. CG's business model lately has been been based on sporadic and short lived large purchases purchases and that's not way to run a game. The idea to get people to constantly invest and if there is nothing to do then there is nothing to invest in.
  • Most other phone games rely on weekly or biweekly repeatable events and new content. Even if that content is old content with a touch up it's still enough to keep players engaged and spending. CG puts out very little content for how much money this game was bringing in and if you haven't noticed they've been bringing in less and less money so they've slowed down on content. This game went from being consistently in the top 5 or even #1 spot in the top grossing games for android/apple games at the same time last year to consistently at around the #40 spot this year. Their business model is awful and they've been turning players off from spending and many players have been leaving the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.