Geonosian Brute

Any reason behind the brute not being able to be summoned in raids? Seems kind of ridiculous.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is a new mechanic and they are still working out the details. They may change this or add it to new versions of this mechanic in the future.
  • So is this a bug?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So is this a bug?

....yes, but not that kind. Not being summoned in raids was intentional, at this point.
  • What about TW and GAC
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Chucke wrote: »
    What about TW and GAC

I believe you've noticed, that the brute is summoned in TW and GAC with no problems.
  • The issue is likely that having the hive mind bonuses would make some raids "too easy" or that it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. I doubt it will ever change. Usually once a character is raid excluded, there's nothing to change that.
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    The issue is likely that having the hive mind bonuses would make some raids "too easy" or that it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. I doubt it will ever change. Usually once a character is raid excluded, there's nothing to change that.

What characters have been excluded from raids?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The issue is likely that having the hive mind bonuses would make some raids "too easy" or that it hasn't been tested thoroughly yet. I doubt it will ever change. Usually once a character is raid excluded, there's nothing to change that.

I don't think we have any precedent to base this statement on.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »

There is a lot of characters that have abilities that simply do not work in raids or against raid bosses. Typically that list is only ever added to, not subtracted. Summoning the brute is an ability... Keep that in mind.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There is a lot of characters that have abilities that simply do not work in raids or against raid bosses. Typically that list is only ever added to, not subtracted. Summoning the brute is an ability... Keep that in mind.

The only abilities that "dont work against raid bosses " specifically state so. I dont think a single toon has been "added" to that list, they had kits made and those kits state the ability does something different to a raid boss.

They may not change the way brute works in raids or they might, we dont know. This is a new mechanic and they are just starting to play with this idea. The fact that it doesnt state anything in the kit about raid bosses leaves me thinking they will change this in the future. IMHO.
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2019

An ability having different mechanics in a raid and a character being excluded are vastly different things. Keep that in mind
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Cyanide334 wrote: »
    It just seems kinda wrong that you would invest into something that doesn't work in all aspects of the game. As far as the difficulty of the raids go, I would say that all three are pretty trivial at this point. They did a pretty good job at that with the Sith raid.
    If it is a coding issue, I would hope that they'd fix it as some point.

Maybe read the kits before investing?

wwniyxsl01mw.jpg

• Cyanide334 wrote: »
    It just seems kinda wrong that you would invest into something that doesn't work in all aspects of the game. As far as the difficulty of the raids go, I would say that all three are pretty trivial at this point. They did a pretty good job at that with the Sith raid.
    If it is a coding issue, I would hope that they'd fix it as some point.

You can use Alpha in a raid, it does everything except for summon a Brute. You still get all the other abilities, most noteably the constant mass assists and health equalizations.

If you don't think it's right to invest in the character or ability since it doesn't work in raids, then don't do it. There are over a hundred other characters in the game, you can farm them and use those. Of course, you won't have Alpha for territory wars or battles, but that's also a choice you get to make.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    They would be terrible in sith raid anyway.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

They're decent for like one or two topples in P3 if you don't use NS cheese for that phase. Absolutely terrible against Nihilus and Sion though lol.

Could probably do well against just Traya in p4 once you've got the shield up.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

They're decent for like one or two topples in P3 if you don't use NS cheese for that phase. Absolutely terrible against Nihilus and Sion though lol.

So, not a big issue... in other words (besides it being clearly spelled out in the kit) nobody should be farming them for raids.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

So, not a big issue... in other words (besides it being clearly spelled out in the kit) nobody should be farming them for raids.

Yeah instead we should be farming them as they're an excellent counter to Darth Traya!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Yeah instead we should be farming them as they're an excellent counter to Darth Traya!

Didn't know we needed one
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Sarcasm? I think you have that backwards, friend.

@SemiGod
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Sarcasm

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Cyanide334 wrote: »
    Really appreciate all of the genius replies about not farming for use in the raid, or reading the kit. When I didn't farm it for the raid, and read the kit. The question was simply why.

You're question was why the Geonosian Brute wasnt able to be summoned in raids.

So, I answered your question by showing you the kit that says it can't be summoned in raids.

Don't get mad at us because you didn't elaborate more on your question. Ask a simple question get a simple answer.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    If you can live without some of the legendary to start and some good allys to clear the node battles Geos could be one of the top teams to start out on as a noob if I rerolled. Depends on how Sep capital released I guess.

Solid early arena team, Solid early ship team which could be meta again, prob better in raids than phoenix. Good team for either TB for a new guild.....

I guess going Geo over phoenix has some advantages... Then again getting thrawn.... that's tough to lose early.
  • Phoenix also gets you yoda more quickly
  • srwhitewvu wrote: »
    Phoenix also gets you yoda more quickly

Eh. You pretty much need GG over bugs to start now. You have to be able to counter revan. It's hard to say where to start. Hard to know how long it would take to unlock X nodes for characters. The whole point of starting with Phoenix is because that's where the nodes are.
  • Cyanide334 wrote: »
    Any reason behind the brute not being able to be summoned in raids? Seems kind of ridiculous.

Be careful about having an opinion here. If the thin-skinned overloads don't like it you'll get banned.