mod inventory space

How hard can it be? We need more slots, do something

Replies

• Sell mods you have no use for?
  • Or equip them on weak toons @BaldingHead90 😉
  • Sounds like you need to manage your mod inventory better. That’s on you, not on CG.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    You know what, I’m with you @BaldingHead90. I don’t see why we can’t have a bigger inventory.

There is not such thing as no use, you never know when you may need a mod
  • Or equip them on weak toons @BaldingHead90 😉

That's not funny dude, it's sad we can't have ROOM, for mods
  • Nihion wrote: »
    You know what, I’m with you @BaldingHead90. I don’t see why we can’t have a bigger inventory.

Finally a sensible response
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sell mods you have no use for?

That's not 100% true. A bunch of mods of the same set with the same primary and all secondaries showing can easily be weighed and dropped as needed.

There are many situations where a mod can be sold with some certainty that if that mod were to be needed there will be a better or equivalent one down the line.

Offense arrow with health primary and 5 rolls on defense?
  • How hard can it be? We need more slots, do something

With 6 slots on over 170 characters and an additional 500 slots for unequipped we can hold over 1500 mods. I find managing the 1000 or so I keep time consuming enough. I don't feel there is a need for more slots.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Do I really need 12 offense/offense crosses, 8 with no speed?

No, I don't. So I sell some.

Problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    But like... why not have a bigger inventory?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    But like... why not have a bigger inventory?

Server space :wink:

Honestly, I would suspect the reason is more UI than anything else. The number of people who would actually use 2500 or 3000 slots worth of storage to any effective measure would be small. It would start to get to the point where the average player would run out of coins, time, patience, or mats before getting threw that many mods, just leaving a perpetual growth of untouched mods.
    In truth I think the cap is fine and what we need is more effective ways to interact with our mod inventory. A better ability to search, organize and save mods and layouts would do wonders for those at the max storage.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’m really bad at mods, I’ve never understood them and I still didn’t after mods 2.0, so maybe I’m bad, but I already have a mod inventory overloaded with things I don’t want to dig through. I just call it my garage and keep looking for more space, lol.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I do agree it's annoying to constantly have a full inventory. Especially when you're modding something important and trying to keep track of everything and suddenly have to take a detour to sell mods.

That said, it's part of the game currently, and something we all have to deal with, so noone can say it's unfair. Just annoying.

My best suggestion is a QoL fix that allows us to decline garbage mods from rewards that we know we don't want. Why should we have to take the time to sell garbage mods to make room for more garbage mods we will have to also sell?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Or equip them on weak toons @BaldingHead90 😉

That's good advice for some ppl, but I've had every toon I own fully modded with lvl15 mods (that make sense even) for a LONG time.