Give Visas Marr faction tags

Primary Idea
May we please add Visas Marr to the Old Republic and Sith Empire factions? They didn't exist when she debuted, but it makes sense now.

I'm hoping this is as easy to do as adding an account to a group in Windows or Linux.

Secondary idea
Maybe her leader could dictate her favored enemy, and if playing in a SE team her abilities shift to being anti-Jedi instead.

This would make more drastic changes in the meta. If the secondary doesn't happen, ok. I'd really like to see Visas become a little more relevant though

Replies

• She is definitely not Sith Empire and OR tag would just make JKR more annoying with double revives.
  • I may not know the lore well enough, but she was Nihilus' apprentice before she serves the General. I thought Nihilus was sith empire, but if not that would make Visas just sith
  • Utherit wrote: »
    I may not know the lore well enough, but she was Nihilus' apprentice before she serves the General. I thought Nihilus was sith empire, but if not that would make Visas just sith

Nihilus (and Traya and Sion) were the remnants of Revan's Sith Empire after he killed Malak and became a Jedi again. So I mean they should get the Sith Empire tag, but it would just make Sith Empire practically unstoppable. Way too overpowered so I see why the dont get the tag. Now Visas on the other hand should not. At least not this version of her because this is her post joining Meetra Surik variant. This version should either recieve the Jedi tag or a new tag, Lost Jedi, because she was a member of the Lost Jedi who rebuilt the Jedi Order after its destruction at the hands of the Sith Triumvirate.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I vote jedi. She would be the jolee of the padme squad.
  • I agree, there should be Old Republic and Jedi tags.

Also, you dont happen to be from Ordain of Light do you? One of ours said he made a post about this topic, I’m curious.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I’m sooo glad someone brought this up!

Again.
  • if anything, she should only have Old Republic tags. She literally was never part of any Jedi organization. She learned everything about be force use, lightsabers, etc... from being the apprentice of Darth Nihilus and then abandoned him to be Meetra Surik's(player character) apprentice(which is where she is introduced in KoTOR2) after she was defeated in battle.

It wouldn't really make sense to give her Jedi or Sith tags because she is pretty much as neutral of a character as there is in the game and technically wasn't a part of either organization in an official capacity... Kinda like how JTR or CLS don't have a jedi tags.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    willennium wrote: »
    if anything, she should only have Old Republic tags. She literally was never part of any Jedi organization. She learned everything about be force use, lightsabers, etc... from being the apprentice of Darth Nihilus and then abandoned him to be Meetra Surik's(player character) apprentice(which is where she is introduced in KoTOR2) after she was defeated in battle.

It wouldn't really make sense to give her Jedi or Sith tags because she is pretty much as neutral of a character as there is in the game and technically wasn't a part of either organization in an official capacity... Kinda like how JTR or CLS don't have a jedi tags.

Could be wrong, but wasn't she a jedi sentinel at one point?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    if anything, she should only have Old Republic tags. She literally was never part of any Jedi organization. She learned everything about be force use, lightsabers, etc... from being the apprentice of Darth Nihilus and then abandoned him to be Meetra Surik's(player character) apprentice(which is where she is introduced in KoTOR2) after she was defeated in battle.

IIRC, her back story was that she was a survivor of planet that was "force consumed" by nihilus and she was on the brink of death when he decided to spare her for whatever reason and make her his apprentice. I think he was the only reason she was a formidable force user. I don't believe she was actually affiliated with the Jedi other than the fact that they were gathered on her planet, which is why Nihilus went there to begin with.
  • willennium wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

IIRC, her back story was that she was a survivor of planet that was "force consumed" by nihilus and she was on the brink of death when he decided to spare her for whatever reason and make her his apprentice. I think he was the only reason she was a formidable force user. I don't believe she was actually affiliated with the Jedi other than the fact that they were gathered on her planet, which is why Nihilus went there to begin with.

After the events of Kotor 2 she was made one of the Jedi Council with Atton Rand, Brianna, Bao-Dur, and Meetra Surik. This is mentioned in both the Revan book and through information found in the Swtor MMO.
  • I agree, there should be Old Republic and Jedi tags.

Also, you dont happen to be from Ordain of Light do you? One of ours said he made a post about this topic, I’m curious.

Yep, I'm UK! I took over the games strategies channel
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Visas progressed in the Jedi Sentinel class in Kotor2 mechanically, but I think that it was more of adapting her backstory to an available class than a representation of her history. Sentinels were more balanced and skill orientated, which would make sense with the amount of stuff she would need to learn to adapt to life as a survivor.
  • I guess if she had the OR tag, she would still offer a speed boost to a JKR team even if she wasn't tagged as a Jedi, and then there would be two revivers on that team. As is though, I'm not sure her current build is strong enough to warrant replacing another Jedi on normal high level teams. She wouldn't be able to assist with strategic advantage or the marking move JKR has(if memory serves).

We have bi partisan tags that affect both lightsiders and Darksiders (Droid, Old Republic, Scoundrel...). It could be interesting to give the Sith a healer.

It's probably all a moot point though probably because CG said that were tabling Kotor material and shifting to clone wars. With the new geonosis tb, the GAC and power increases necessary to complete Geonosis, I would understand if they just don't have the time for it. They have some really ambitious and time consumptive projects going on between now and December.
  • The Triumvirate was not Sith Empire, but rather their own entity after Revan's Empire. As for Visas, no tags make sense. She was never a jedi and the in-game version is her redeemed form, meaning she cannot be tagged Sith. I would wait a year or so when KotOR 2 content is released leading to the Meetra Surik hero's journey and add her into that faction with a slight rework.