The Bossk/Jawa thing needs to end quickly

Replies

  • Kokie
    1222 posts Member
    This bug is at the bottom of my problem list. Doesn't impact me as I will simply use them for offense or if my opponent doesn't have jawas then I can use them either way.
  • Bossk or whichever non jawa ally you use only places dets after gba does the aoe. Any single target attacks done on the non jawa ally before gba aoe will not apply dets. Any single target attacks done to non jawa ally after gba does aoe will apply dets. So jawa scavenger Unique is working as intended until gba does aoe then that’s when it doesn’t work as intended.
  • All they need to do is add Jawa tag to Bossk. Problem solved!!! :D

    It’s entirely possible that Bossk is a very tall Jawa. Has anyone ever seen a jawa’s face?

    Jawas = short Trandoshans. The robes are leftover from when they played on a Blue Oyster Cult album.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm.
  • Why not just get rid of Jawa Scavenger completely? Compensate the tiny fraction of players who built a G13 Jawa scavenger because of some kind of Jawa cult thing. The game goes on and a character that literally nobody has used for legitimate purposes in two years cuts to black.

    You could even do a super cool cut to black animation Sopranos style, with a bunch of Jawas sitting in a restaurant. Then one patron goes into bathroom all suspicious like. Then, in a final scene, Jawa "Tony Soprano" Scavenger is looking at his friends, and we cut to black.
  • Jawa vs. Geos is buggy. Period.
    I'd rather see them reworked to counter droids like they supossed to do.
    IMO one major issue of the game is that kits in general do not seem to be designed for a certain purpose. They just throw something, than wait what the community is about to craft with it. They like the way it works out they might tweak it to work even better, they don't like it they nerf it. Just an opinion not a fact.
  • How can you say kits dont have a certain purpose. Padme is literally immune to fear, among other kits if that's not purpose built I dont know what is.
  • CCyrilS
    3671 posts Member
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Jawa vs. Geos is buggy. Period.
    I'd rather see them reworked to counter droids like they supossed to do.
    IMO one major issue of the game is that kits in general do not seem to be designed for a certain purpose. They just throw something, than wait what the community is about to craft with it. They like the way it works out they might tweak it to work even better, they don't like it they nerf it. Just an opinion not a fact.

    I agree with the last line
  • My game exploded because of this Bossk Jawa relationship. /end overexaggeration
  • I am hoping that CG pulls that again and give Bossk a yah like "Jawa Collaborator" or something. It would be hilarious, ridiculous, yet hilarious if they doubled-down on "not intended but we're keeping it" response
  • Just don't nerf scavs unique ability itself, as i just got the dust away from my Jawas B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Moderator
    I don’t foresee any nerfs. All I see is approaching the unintended synergies to accurately reflect the description - whether that means changing how other characters interact with Jawas, or changing the text of the description.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • What's about the Buzz droid bug with the Vulture droid? Why is everyone talking about Bossk and Jawas?
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    I guess someone forgot to tell the OP that Genos are better on O

    I know very well that Geos are great on O. They are also great on D if your strategy is a good one. But if 5* Jawas without mods are allowed to take them down? You are ok with that?
  • Fixing this would not be a nerf to Jawas. It would be correcting a bug.

    Look, if those were G12 Jawas in that video I would be 100% cool with it. Then I would perhaps have the "go ahead and neuter your BH squad if you want to" outlook. Perhaps. But really, BH on D aren't that good anymore and always get 1 shot. So if taking Bossk out allows them to get 1 shot, then nothing has really changed.

    5* and no mods though is junk.

    Best counter is simply Traya and Sion. You don't need anyone else. I'm cool with that. I can strategize for that.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Have you tried this yourself or are you relying on video you have no way of knowing is accurate or showing true results? Was this done on a test server or live?
  • Have you tried this yourself or are you relying on video you have no way of knowing is accurate or showing true results? Was this done on a test server or live?

    I haven’t been to Canada, but I know it’s there. At least, I have reasonably good sources that tell me it’s there and real.
  • Nauros
    3022 posts Member
    Have you tried this yourself or are you relying on video you have no way of knowing is accurate or showing true results? Was this done on a test server or live?

    Placement of TDs is pretty obvious, and so is seeing who is attacked. If it was, say, damage numbers (*cough* GG *cough*), you would have a point, but this particular case is as clear as it gets.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • StarSon
    3936 posts Member
    Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

    And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

    Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.
    That is a lot of wasted resources if we cannot set them on D because 5* modless Jawas can kill them.

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.
  • The way I read it was that Bossk is a jawa ally, since he is an ally and there is a jawa right there so that makes him a jawa ally right?
  • StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.
  • Nauros
    3022 posts Member
    The way I read it was that Bossk is a jawa ally, since he is an ally and there is a jawa right there so that makes him a jawa ally right?

    Nah, Bossk is just trans-species and self-identifies as a Jawa.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.

    Just because you believe your opinion is fact does not make it so. Geo squad is needed in multiple special missions. Geo squad is the only way to unlock Wat. If you think getting better GeoTB rewards and shards towards a new character is a waste of resources, then why gear them up at all? Having one extra team that may or may not change the outcome of a GAC match certainly isn't worth all the cuffs/guns/carbantis.
  • StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.

    Just because you believe your opinion is fact does not make it so. Geo squad is needed in multiple special missions. Geo squad is the only way to unlock Wat. If you think getting better GeoTB rewards and shards towards a new character is a waste of resources, then why gear them up at all? Having one extra team that may or may not change the outcome of a GAC match certainly isn't worth all the cuffs/guns/carbantis.

    What did I say that is opinion and not fact? Can zzBossk with 5* Jawas beat a maxed out Bug squad? Did I make that up?
  • StarSon
    3936 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.

    Just because you believe your opinion is fact does not make it so. Geo squad is needed in multiple special missions. Geo squad is the only way to unlock Wat. If you think getting better GeoTB rewards and shards towards a new character is a waste of resources, then why gear them up at all? Having one extra team that may or may not change the outcome of a GAC match certainly isn't worth all the cuffs/guns/carbantis.

    What did I say that is opinion and not fact? Can zzBossk with 5* Jawas beat a maxed out Bug squad? Did I make that up?

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.
  • StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.
  • StarSon
    3936 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.

    That one I won't give you. They are devauled. How can you say they are not, if a 5* Jawa can beat them due to a bug? I don't think that word means what you think it does.
Sign In or Register to comment.