The Bossk/Jawa thing needs to end quickly

Replies

  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.

    someone has good jawas lol
  • StarSon
    3623 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.

    That one I won't give you. They are devauled. How can you say they are not, if a 5* Jawa can beat them due to a bug? I don't think that word means what you think it does.

    If you know that it doesn't hold on defense, don't put it on defense, no matter what's beating it.
  • Strategy, my man. I know they won't hold on the front line no matter what, cause Traya and Sion can two man them. Which I'm 100% fine with.
  • StarSon
    3623 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.

    someone has good jawas lol

    Not me. Mine are all g9 or g10. I did try the team without Bossk in TW a couple weeks ago and it didn't work.
  • Do you have his unique zeta? If you have that and are faster then them it should work every time.
  • All they need to do is add Jawa tag to Bossk. Problem solved!!! :D

    "Announcing next week's special ultimate pack....for 99.99 you can add 'jawa' to Bossk's list of categories."
  • It won't matter until next week when TW starts back up, or whenever GAC comes back, but this nonsense with zzBossk and trash Jawas had better be fixed. It is clearly not WAI and a lot, A LOT of people are taking bugs to G12 and G13 for GEO TB. That is a lot of wasted resources if we cannot set them on D because 5* modless Jawas can kill them.

    Not really wasted if the reason they are being geared is to use them in the GEO-TB, as Jawas in no way affect your GEO-TB performance now do they?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

    It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.

    If Bossk is fighting on the side of the Jawas isn't he a Jawa ally?

  • StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.

    Hyperbole is a fancy internet word people throw around a lot because it sounds cool. Same with "confirmation bias".

    Hopefully they figure out the bugs to stop anything weird from happening. seems like some strange things happening with the jawas.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    No, what is your opinion and not fact is that the resources are wasted.

    I'll give you that. It is not completely wasted, but certainly devalued by this nonsense. Again, G12 Jawas and I'm cool with it. 5* G7; not so much.

    There you go with hyperbole again. It is not wasted or devalued, since the primary use for Geos is TB, and they still have plenty of uses as an offense team.

    someone has good jawas lol

    Not me. Mine are all g9 or g10. I did try the team without Bossk in TW a couple weeks ago and it didn't work.

    I think you need to mod them like a chess player
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

    It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.

    If Bossk is fighting on the side of the Jawas isn't he a Jawa ally?

    Can we all agree that there's two ways to read this, either "ally of a jawa" or "ally that is a jawa" and that it just needs to be clarified?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    2658 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

    It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.

    If Bossk is fighting on the side of the Jawas isn't he a Jawa ally?

    Can we all agree that there's two ways to read this, either "ally of a jawa" or "ally that is a jawa" and that it just needs to be clarified?

    Every other instance of "[faction] ally" in the game means "an ally that is [faction]", so the case is pretty clear.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • TVF wrote: »

    Can we all agree that there's two ways to read this, either "ally of a jawa" or "ally that is a jawa" and that it just needs to be clarified?

    Agreed... I was just trying to point out that the text is not necessarily wrong =)

  • ZAP
    302 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

    It's not a counter. It's a bug. "Line in the sand" says Jawa allies. Bossk isn't a Jawa. It's not working the way it's worded.

    If Bossk is fighting on the side of the Jawas isn't he a Jawa ally?

    Can we all agree that there's two ways to read this, either "ally of a jawa" or "ally that is a jawa" and that it just needs to be clarified?

    Every other instance of "[faction] ally" in the game means "an ally that is [faction]", so the case is pretty clear.

    This

  • Nauros wrote: »

    Every other instance of "[faction] ally" in the game means "an ally that is [faction]", so the case is pretty clear.

    Yes but everything is written in english where exceptions are the norm... just think of all the words that break the "i" before "e" rule...
  • As does this cancerous CBM meta
  • @CG_SBCrumb what is the status of this?
  • Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

    And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

    Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.

    I’ve been looking for your outrage on other broken characters...say Nest for example because no one character should be able to wipe a synced squad of g12 toons by themself, right? I will continue to look through the forums for your post on all these other “broken” toons because it would be too simplistic to only talk about toons that negatively affect you.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

    That is hyperbole. They are not wasted resources because you can't use them in one very specific instance. Use them on offense if you feel like getting more stars in TB is a waste of your resources. Not every team is meant to be on defense.

    No, those are facts. Just because you want to believe otherwise does not make it so. I don't understand what people are missing here. I don't care if Bossk has 457 speed, he shouldn't beat a maxed out G13 squad with 5* Jawas. Period.

    Hyperbole is a fancy internet word people throw around a lot because it sounds cool. Same with "confirmation bias".

    Hopefully they figure out the bugs to stop anything weird from happening. seems like some strange things happening with the jawas.

    no, people just misuse or dont understand. these terms have meaning.
  • Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

    And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

    Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.

    I’ve been looking for your outrage on other broken characters...say Nest for example because no one character should be able to wipe a synced squad of g12 toons by themself, right? I will continue to look through the forums for your post on all these other “broken” toons because it would be too simplistic to only talk about toons that negatively affect you.

    This has nothing to do with toons that can kill a squad. This is a glitch that was found in the code, patched in as acceptable, and then we have it creeping in again in an even more broken fashion.

    The characters dealing this amount of damage in such short amount of turns breaks the game because their kit was balanced based on their health, protection, defense, and speed. If you just randomly decide to toss one or those out of the window, you allow a class E team to take out a class B team with nothing more then a glitch. You're argument is focused on one person, one type of mindset that "I worked on this team and it's new so it should be worth the time and effort and not be able to so easily be killed."

    That isn't a philosophically logical thought process.

    1. Jawas deal X damage and stack detonators
    2. Bugs have health equalization, higher speed, assist often, and deal X damage per turn
    Therefore, bugs should kill Jawas.

    It's about strategy, about common sense. Not about using a glitch and incorrectly performing code.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

    And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

    Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.

    I’ve been looking for your outrage on other broken characters...say Nest for example because no one character should be able to wipe a synced squad of g12 toons by themself, right? I will continue to look through the forums for your post on all these other “broken” toons because it would be too simplistic to only talk about toons that negatively affect you.

    This has nothing to do with toons that can kill a squad. This is a glitch that was found in the code, patched in as acceptable, and then we have it creeping in again in an even more broken fashion.

    The characters dealing this amount of damage in such short amount of turns breaks the game because their kit was balanced based on their health, protection, defense, and speed. If you just randomly decide to toss one or those out of the window, you allow a class E team to take out a class B team with nothing more then a glitch. You're argument is focused on one person, one type of mindset that "I worked on this team and it's new so it should be worth the time and effort and not be able to so easily be killed."

    That isn't a philosophically logical thought process.

    1. Jawas deal X damage and stack detonators
    2. Bugs have health equalization, higher speed, assist often, and deal X damage per turn
    Therefore, bugs should kill Jawas.

    It's about strategy, about common sense. Not about using a glitch and incorrectly performing code.

    The Thermal Detonator Solo set off in Solo A Star Wars Movie would've wiped out a room full of bugs
  • Nauros
    2658 posts Member
    So, the new GAC has started and this still hasn't been sorted out. That's rather disappointing, the bugs used to be a good defensive team (assuming ungeared Jawas, which is pretty common) before CG broadcasted the bug to everyone...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • So what does it mean now?
    Are all allowed to use Bossk in there (not that i'm thinking of doing it), or is it a non fixed bug we should not use and for which we could get somehow penalized if doing so?
    I'm a bit confused, CG didn't say anything to that since the initial post, right?
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Nauros
    2658 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    So what does it mean now?
    Are all allowed to use Bossk in there (not that i'm thinking of doing it), or is it a non fixed bug we should not use and for which we could get somehow penalized if doing so?
    I'm a bit confused, CG didn't say anything to that since the initial post, right?

    It's not a cheat, so we shouldn't get penalized, but it's CG we are talking about...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Very simplistic views being displayed here. You think I don't realize I can just save them for offense? The problem is that a G13 squad of really any faction should not be beaten by unmodded, 5* Jawas.

    And zzKRU will not work. It is all about the interaction between Bossk's unique and Scavenger's unique.
    StarSon wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of hyperbole for a pretty small issue. The bigger issue is that someone should ban Crumb for explaining how to use an exploit.

    Hyperbole? Please explain what is hyperbolic about my comment.

    I’ve been looking for your outrage on other broken characters...say Nest for example because no one character should be able to wipe a synced squad of g12 toons by themself, right? I will continue to look through the forums for your post on all these other “broken” toons because it would be too simplistic to only talk about toons that negatively affect you.

    This has nothing to do with toons that can kill a squad. This is a glitch that was found in the code, patched in as acceptable, and then we have it creeping in again in an even more broken fashion.

    The characters dealing this amount of damage in such short amount of turns breaks the game because their kit was balanced based on their health, protection, defense, and speed. If you just randomly decide to toss one or those out of the window, you allow a class E team to take out a class B team with nothing more then a glitch. You're argument is focused on one person, one type of mindset that "I worked on this team and it's new so it should be worth the time and effort and not be able to so easily be killed."

    That isn't a philosophically logical thought process.

    1. Jawas deal X damage and stack detonators
    2. Bugs have health equalization, higher speed, assist often, and deal X damage per turn
    Therefore, bugs should kill Jawas.

    It's about strategy, about common sense. Not about using a glitch and incorrectly performing code.

    The Thermal Detonator Solo set off in Solo A Star Wars Movie would've wiped out a room full of bugs

    Jawa > Bugs
  • Firebrigade
    585 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Manumicio wrote: »
    So what does it mean now?
    Are all allowed to use Bossk in there (not that i'm thinking of doing it), or is it a non fixed bug we should not use and for which we could get somehow penalized if doing so?
    I'm a bit confused, CG didn't say anything to that since the initial post, right?

    I think this is a valid question to have answered given recent events. Is using this considered exploiting a bug, and thus against terms? Can we get in trouble for using? Can/should we report if we believe someone else to be exploiting? @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    edited August 19
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

    Also, better not use Anakin in P3 while you are at it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

    Also, better not use Anakin in P3 while you are at it.

    But if putting a specific 5 toons into a squad allows you to exploit a bug, isn’t that a problem? We’ve already been reminded that exploiting bugs is not considered acceptable with the whole mod/roster lock thing. How is this any different?

    What if instead of the thermal dets thing, someone found a random squad that for some reason when on defense caused the opponents UI to freeze up. Would you still be ok with using that squad?
  • TVF
    14356 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

    Also, better not use Anakin in P3 while you are at it.

    But if putting a specific 5 toons into a squad allows you to exploit a bug, isn’t that a problem? We’ve already been reminded that exploiting bugs is not considered acceptable with the whole mod/roster lock thing. How is this any different?

    What if instead of the thermal dets thing, someone found a random squad that for some reason when on defense caused the opponents UI to freeze up. Would you still be ok with using that squad?

    Again, I don't see how this is any different than Anakin.

    And me being ok with it and the devs being ok with it are two different topics.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    To my knowledge there has never been a problem with putting any five toons in a squad you want.

    Also, better not use Anakin in P3 while you are at it.

    But if putting a specific 5 toons into a squad allows you to exploit a bug, isn’t that a problem? We’ve already been reminded that exploiting bugs is not considered acceptable with the whole mod/roster lock thing. How is this any different?

    What if instead of the thermal dets thing, someone found a random squad that for some reason when on defense caused the opponents UI to freeze up. Would you still be ok with using that squad?

    Again, I don't see how this is any different than Anakin.

    And me being ok with it and the devs being ok with it are two different topics.

    Is Anakin a bug, or working as intended with unforeseen synergy? Those are two different things.
Sign In or Register to comment.