Why is General Grievous not a sith?

Prev1
Rake6
442 posts Member
edited August 2019
He was trained by sith master and basically used the force cuz his computer was able to imitate it 100%.
He killed countless jedi. He hated jedi. So why he wasn't granted the title of a sith? Its kinda like when Mace didn't granted Anakin the title of jedi master lol.

Replies

• Rake6
    442 posts Member
    He is a cyborg. He even had jedi master Syfo Dias blood running through his veins.
  • He had 0connection to the force
  • GG was trained by Dooku in Lightsaber dueling techniques only. He had no access to the Force that I am aware of in reading any source materials. He was the pre-cyborg test to Vader getting the suit.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    He was trained by sith master and basically used the force cuz his computer was able to imitate it 100%.
    He killed countless jedi. He hated jedi. So why he wasn't granted the title of a sith? Its kinda like when Mace didn't granted Anakin the title of jedi master lol.

I'm curious to know how his computer imitated the force.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Grievous wasn't a jedi or a sith.

He was a robot.

Not a robot. He's an organic being (a Kaleesh) who had a bad accident and then underwent a procedure that made him a mechanical weapon.
    m5x672q69v3k.png
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Ok he is a Kleesh cyborg. I can't remember were I read that. Search for it. His computer was able to imitate the force in combat only I guess. He was able to learn whatever style his opponent uses as he fight and use it against him and be better at it cuz of his computer power. He killed countless and super powerful jedi. He even killed several at once.
  • Grievous lost any connection to the Force he could have had when he became a cyborg. In losing his physical body, he lost almost all his midi-chlorians. He was trained in the lightsaber forms, but no further. He wasn't even close to a Sith. He was a formidable duelist, nothing more.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Ok he is a Kleesh cyborg. I can't remember were I read that. Search for it. His computer was able to imitate the force in combat only I guess. He was able to learn whatever style his opponent uses as he fight and use it against him and be better at it cuz of his computer power. He killed countless and super powerful jedi. He even killed several at once.

This is not what the force is That's not how the force works. Does being force sensitive help you wield a lightsaber? Sure. But being good with a sword does not mean you are using the force.

Also, killing jedi does not make you a Sith. If it did, there would be a bunch of Clone Trooper Sith after order 66. Grievous was never a Sith apprentice nor a Sith lord

Edit: Thanks SkylarSong for pointing out that missed opportunity
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

This is not what the force is. Does being force sensitive help you wield a lightsaber? Sure. But being good with a sword does not mean you are using the force.

Also, killing jedi does not make you a Sith. If it did, there would be a bunch of Clone Trooper Sith after order 66. Grievous was never a Sith apprentice nor a Sith lord

You missed a golden opportunity to say "That's not how the force works"
  • SkylarSong wrote: »

This is not what the force is. Does being force sensitive help you wield a lightsaber? Sure. But being good with a sword does not mean you are using the force.

You missed a golden opportunity to say "That's not how the force works"

wow, can't believe I missed that :(
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You are wrong. His skill in combat was equal to using a force cuz of that computer mimicking. There is real nice explanation of that in youtube I think. Look at Finn. He uses a lightsaber but he sucks cuz can't put the force throughout it. Jedi and sith channel the force throughout the weapon when they fight. GG was doing the same but digitally lol!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    You are wrong. His skill in combat was equal to using a force cuz of that computer mimicking. There is real nice explanation of that in youtube I think. Look at Finn. He uses a lightsaber but he sucks cuz can't put the force throughout it. Jedi and sith channel the force throughout the weapon when they fight. GG was doing the same but digitally lol!

I think a better question is why bossk isn't a jawa.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Lol! I think Bossk is two undercover jawas one on top of the other.
  • Pretty sure Finn sucks because he's never been trained in Swordcraft.

Never heard of "channeling the force through the weapon" before.

They feel their connection to the Kyber crystal inside for sure. (See Chirute's use of Kyber in his Staff)

They use the force to improve their raw ability & physical attributes (Strength, Speed, Reaction, Quickness, etc etc)

Only Rey seems to go from untrained to ninja over night, Luke certainly didn't on the Falcon.
    I'm just assuming it was her use of the Staff that gave her some skill with the sword as opposed to pure author fiat.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Pretty sure Finn sucks because he's never been trained in Swordcraft.

Never heard of "channeling the force through the weapon" before.

They feel their connection to the Kyber crystal inside for sure. (See Chirute's use of Kyber in his Staff)

They use the force to improve their raw ability & physical attributes (Strength, Speed, Reaction, Quickness, etc etc)

Only Rey seems to go from untrained to ninja over night, Luke certainly didn't on the Falcon.
    I'm just assuming it was her use of the Staff that gave her some skill with the sword as opposed to pure author fiat.

That makes sense about her being proficient with a staff.

It would be similar to why Luke was a good pilot. He already had experience, and the Force enhanced it. Same with Ani.
  • I haven't read much into Clone Wars Legends material, but Grievous is definitely not a Sith by any means of the word.

From the Canon Sith Wookieepedia page https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sith "The Sith, also referred to as the Sith Order, was an ancient order of Force-wielders devoted to the dark side of the Force."

Then from the Canon Grievous Wookieepedia page https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Grievous "Although he was neither Jedi or Sith, nor even sensitive to the power of the Force, Grievous was a skilled lightsaber duelist, having trained in the art of the lightsaber under the fallen Jedi Master-turned-Sith Lord Count Dooku."
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Why doesn’t Padme have a droid tag?
  • Not everyone who uses the dark side of the force and wields a lightsaber or four is a Sith. Even being trained by a Sith Lord doesn't make you a Sith unless you're accepted as an apprentice. Dooku trained Grievous, Ventress and Savage, but none of them were Sith at the time. He was Sidious' apprentice and would have become a rival if he had taken an apprentice of his own.

I believe the correct term for somebody like Ventress is dark Jedi, and Grievous wasn't even that due to his lack of a force connection. Out of Dooku's three trainees, only Savage went on to briefly become a Sith when Maul took him under his wing, but Sidious put a quick end to this rival Sith pair.
  • Technically maul wasn't a Sith in legends per the plaguisis book. He was trained as an assassin but never given thee training of a true apprentice.

Now that is still enough to have tge sith tag in the game. Since Sith assassin and sith trooper have the sith tag. But gg isn't even a force user so no need for him to be classified as a sith.

Though I do think asajj should have the sith tag since she was effectively a sith assassin same as maul was in ep 1.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Cool stuff guys. Thanks for the good info.
    Lol! I think Bossk is two undercover jawas one on top of the other.

You're thinking of two ewoks being an undercover wookie. lol
  • An interesting thing about GG, he's completely different in Cannon and Legend.

On one hand, there's cannon GG who was sort of like swgoh GG prior to his rework. In canon material which included 2008's "The Clone Wars" cartoon series, GG killed a grand total of one named Jedi, Kit Fisto's apprentice, who was so unimportant, I can't even remember his name. He was largely used as comic relief. He was most frequently seen doing his best impression of a Monty Python "Run Away"!

On the other hand, we have the legend GG. This is more like the post rework GG. This fearsome warrior introduced in the Legends 2003 cartoon series named "Clone Wars" was a veritable super-villain! He had nearly 2 score named Jedi as his victims and was an unstoppable force.