Workbench to Upgrade Gear

Hi folks ,
only an idea from my side regarding the Gear "bottleneck".
I think i'm not alone with thousands over thousand of low level Gear mats.

What about the idea of an "Workbench"...i speak here of an feature/functionality to "Upgrade" low level Gear Mats to an Higher level. Totally RNG based to avoid a "flood" of higher gear mats.

What do you think about it ?

Replies

  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Moderator
    There’s been a lot of conversation about this. I think it’s been stated that gear will never be able to be “converted” into higher tiers of the same gear. I forget exactly what they said they have in mind, and I’m having difficulty locating the source material.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    Q: Will there be a system implemented to use up our overly stockpiled low level gear to hopefully use as an exchange rate to gain higher level gear? This would give us use for the thousands of gears just stock piling away.
    A: 154M - You'll be exchanging both lower-level and higher-level gear for new materials. There's currently no plans to have an "exchanger" of low to high level gear. We think that's already covered by the Shard Shop.

    Here is the comment on that topic.
  • yeah OK...was worth a try :-P

    But "no Plans" doesn't mean that it comes by time :-P
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Moderator
    My dude... Kyno to the rescue 👏
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • JDIII
    1651 posts Member
    Their answer didn’t make any sense. That shard shop reply has nothing to do with taking our thousands of lower gear to higher
  • If you read the road ahead blog post, they've already said what you'll be doing with your "thousands of lower gear pieces". You'll be using them to exchange for materials to upgrade the iconic items that are coming to the game.
  • emoore123 wrote: »
    If you read the road ahead blog post, they've already said what you'll be doing with your "thousands of lower gear pieces". You'll be using them to exchange for materials to upgrade the iconic items that are coming to the game.

    You're having thousands of them because you're playing for such a long time and you have to mix them with gear of higher tiers to get the new items. Does that mean everyone who doesn't have thousands of them can't build them? Or do we need less higher tier materials and can use more lower ones in exchange? Or is it just a scam at all and you only need a very low amount of them? Right now the answer given is nothing more than a bait, luring you to hope that the tons of useless pieces will come into handy. Better stay sceptical.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Spang
    269 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You're having thousands of them because you're playing for such a long time and you have to mix them with gear of higher tiers to get the new items. Does that mean everyone who doesn't have thousands of them can't build them? Or do we need less higher tier materials and can use more lower ones in exchange? Or is it just a scam at all and you only need a very low amount of them? Right now the answer given is nothing more than a bait, luring you to hope that the tons of useless pieces will come into handy. Better stay sceptical.

    I'm pessimistic.
    "You'll be exchanging both lower-level and higher-level gear for new materials."
    I think that higher-level gear will get more emphasis in order to create another gear bottleneck. I really hope that I'm wrong.
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    emoore123 wrote: »
    If you read the road ahead blog post, they've already said what you'll be doing with your "thousands of lower gear pieces". You'll be using them to exchange for materials to upgrade the iconic items that are coming to the game.

    You're having thousands of them because you're playing for such a long time and you have to mix them with gear of higher tiers to get the new items. Does that mean everyone who doesn't have thousands of them can't build them? Or do we need less higher tier materials and can use more lower ones in exchange? Or is it just a scam at all and you only need a very low amount of them? Right now the answer given is nothing more than a bait, luring you to hope that the tons of useless pieces will come into handy. Better stay sceptical.

    Well considering the iconic items are likely end game content, no, I dont expect newer players to be able to get them. But we wont know anything specific until they make their detailed announcement/release that content to the game.
  • Beside the gear we have thousands of, we'll probably need stun guns to craft them ;)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • I may have misread but I think I recall reading somewhere that there are plans for all those stockpiled gear. I cant recall the exact post but it involved iconic items, reys saber etc.
Sign In or Register to comment.