Acklay mission

Gamorrean
2745 posts Member
edited August 2019
I have all G12 geos but I havn’t been able to win yet, so I was wondering if G13 is needed or that Im just bad..

I have looked in every video there is, but half of my geos still die in one aoe RNG attack.

I really can’t understand what makes this mission worth it afterall, when its so hard and filled with RNG

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    I failed as well and would like some help too.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I believe that aklay starts with enrage up so, and you may be doing this already, your first move should be cancelling the enrage. Even with doing that I still got wiped last time after a few minutes. It's really tough.
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    I believe that aklay starts with enrage up so, and you may be doing this already, your first move should be cancelling the enrage. Even with doing that I still got wiped last time after a few minutes. It's really tough.

Yeah, that atleast I know :D
  • I just completed it with G13 Brood, G12+1 Sun Fac and G12+0 on the rest of the bunch. I followed Warriors guide on how to handle both the Acklay and the AOE-jedi.

PSA: No G12 furnaces needed on the 4 non-brood geos.
  • Someone in my guild with all G12 Geos was asking about this just today. My strong recommendation was just to go for the 4/4 in one of the missions. Better to get closer to another star imo than waste a team on the off chance of possibly getting 20 more GET2. I've heard the event gets much more consistently playable with G13 Geos though.
  • jr8972686
    176 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Here's my latest completion. Not my best rng at all, usually dont lose anyone. Hope this helps a bit. Im the only one in my guild to complete so far.

https://youtu.be/XojV0d36vU0
  • Apart from getting rid of enrage, which I think all are aware of, the second most important thing is tempering the jedi AOE attacks, not the Acklay itself. This needs to be done by recognizing which jedi AOE and making sure you keep tagging them with an ability block or killing them off and blocking their replacement if they can AOE. It's a long patient struggle. Some have suggested just going for a 4/4 for another star and that may be best if you're not looking for a challenge and have the patience to do it. Personally I have not completed it yet, but have done decent (about half life on Acklay) but I keep on trying as I'm looking for something to do for fun.Maybe once I do it once I may not do it again as it is frustrating.
  • Traitorarmor
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I got to try the acklay mission for the first time this last GeoTB, was able to complete it with these guys

b2mruaqco69u.png

https://swgoh.gg/p/663218161/characters/?f=Geonosian

I don't know what made it manageable but it felt like Spy was contributing a lot more damage (than all the rest)....so I would probably say he was the key to my run.

Got some poor luck starting with 3 Jedi with AoEs to start so I had trouble controlling all of that but I was able to time my BroodAlphas ability to calm the Acklays enrage pretty good.