Grand Arena Championship Update [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_SBCrumb , please for the love of jaba keep 3v3 championships a thing. The 3v3 content added a lot of variety and I feel a dimension the player base enjoyed. Throw that into the championship mix when you smooth out the wrinkles please.
  • Capwit wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb , please for the love of jaba keep 3v3 championships a thing. The 3v3 content added a lot of variety and I feel a dimension the player base enjoyed. Throw that into the championship mix when you smooth out the wrinkles please.

No, just no.
    Completely disagree. You have definitelly no idea how broken and unfun a DR, BDS, Malak team is in this mode. Just no.
  • NinjaChronicles
    308 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Capwit wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb , please for the love of jaba keep 3v3 championships a thing. The 3v3 content added a lot of variety and I feel a dimension the player base enjoyed. Throw that into the championship mix when you smooth out the wrinkles please.

3v3! Yes please! This was easily my favorite part of the recent updates...

I was very sad they took it away 😭
  • Travesty
    64 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If you (CG) intend to create FOMO around limited time titles/portraits I hope there are more compelling ones than the ones you listed in the post. I can't think of a single title/portrait you listed that I would display at all, much less be afraid of missing out on.

Regarding non-participation. I think your changes are a step in the right direction but they are not a suitable substitute for auto deploy. I believe you underestimate the number of players who just want to watch the world burn (1 in 27 human beings on earth, according to Harvard's Martha Stout) and will join and not participate just out of spite; just to try and make sure someone will not be able to complete feats and earn less banners. I hope you continue to work on auto-deploy and get that working consistently.

I applaud any improvements you implement against cheating. However, as I'm sure you can understand, gamers in general are once bitten twice shy. Your previous statements about anti-cheating efforts seemed to be mostly empty platitudes, so I, for one, am certainly hoping this time it's not. I guess we'll see.

Edited for typos.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    “Rewards are reduced just for exhibition phase”
    No increased rewards mentioned so I’m thinking we are getting the same subpar exhibition level of rewards

That was my biggest concern as well. It would be nice if they would return the MK2 slicing materials as round rewards. 150 currency for winning/25 for losing per round is simply lackluster.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Threads heaped on threads about rewards and almost half the people commenting here so far are mentioning they are too low. An easy fix that I keep posting would be to change the gear pieces that are rewarded for league progression.

In the past GAC, we got a very small number of several gear pieces for advancing to a new league, and all of them except the MK3 holo are near worthless and might as well not be there. Take those out, and stick in their place some Carbs, Eyeballs, Guns, Cuffs, Furnaces, Callers, etc, basically still a very small number of gear pieces, but the ones we used to get in GA before it became GAC. This one change would make GAC rewards sufficient and much more satisfactory for a month long event, and the main focus of SWGOH.

Personally I think the rewards are "ok to good" except for the gear and currency for gear, which is terrible.

• jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Oh and yes, please bring back 3 vs 3, and the different maps ASAP, 5vs5 on the same maps for a month straight was VERY BORING. Please change up these modes within the month so we have variety

(but do something about the Malak issue in the 3vs3)
  • Well i dont really care about cross division fights. But i cant stress enough that all ppl in same Division should always have same amount of squads. If you will not do this, ppl with less squad posts will just be unable to complete against the higher one.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If you remove the end of GAC final rewards and spread them out over the entire thing people will get to use the GAC store over the course of the whole event, instead of wait 4 weeks, buy 4 things wait 2 more months to buy 4 more things.

Does it actually effect anything physically ? No

Does it remove the perception that we have this store we use 4 times in one day and then wait 2 months to ever use it again. yes

Maybe just giving the store the perception that we can use it here in there instead of once every 2 months would make it 'SEEM' more enjoyable.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

2.) Locking down GAC shop (tier sensitive stuff) every GAC is ridiculous. Please make that shop 1 time unlock only. So that players may utilize the shop for the items they want.

To be fair you literally have almost 1.5 to 2 months currently to spend that GAC currency... and you can only buy like 4 things with it.. maybe 8 if your god top 50 kyber tier....

As my post above yours said I'm totally down with removing end of GAC rewards and just spreading it out over the whole thing..

I think it's demoralizing to have a shop you can literally only use 8 days a years
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    No increased rewards mentioned so I’m thinking we are getting the same subpar exhibition level of rewards

That was my biggest concern as well. It would be nice if they would return the MK2 slicing materials as round rewards. 150 currency for winning/25 for losing per round is simply lackluster.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat Threads heaped on threads about rewards and almost half the people commenting here so far are mentioning they are too low. An easy fix that I keep posting would be to change the gear pieces that are rewarded for league progression.

In the past GAC, we got a very small number of several gear pieces for advancing to a new league, and all of them except the MK3 holo are near worthless and might as well not be there. Take those out, and stick in their place some Carbs, Eyeballs, Guns, Cuffs, Furnaces, Callers, etc, basically still a very small number of gear pieces, but the ones we used to get in GA before it became GAC. This one change would make GAC rewards sufficient and much more satisfactory for a month long event, and the main focus of SWGOH.

Personally I think the rewards are "ok to good" except for the gear and currency for gear, which is terrible.

What division were you in? The gear in my league promotion boxes was actually quite nice.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    I think overall improving GAC rewards would be a step in the right direction. I am not sure spreading out end of event rewards is a good idea. You will not get your big hit of dopamine at the end (though with the shop locked down for 6 out of 8 weeks for items that you would actually buy will probably counter that dopamine hit very quickly.

I also want to add that I like the idea of adding titles and portraits for feats and placement in the event. Obviously people love achievements.

Lol you get 3x more rewards from doing a week long TB, what is the point of spending a month doing this GAC.
    And they have no shame, saying they want GAC to be the main game mode of the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @TangoFoxtrot
    Gair wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025736/uploads/editor/l1/bwrn1muiw0w1.png

Wow ... alt still active is kinda amazing lol

Outdated info. They found it a while ago.

This was his reply to someone saying the same thing as you about a week ago....
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ok reset after every championship makes getting to kyber pointless for me.

Why should i try hard just to be reset?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »

For the crystals, zeta, gear, and GAC Tokens you get for reaching Kyber
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Every week I get a paycheck, and then they reset my hours. Why should I even go back to work?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

If they didn’t reset it you wouldn’t be able to get the promotion rewards again. This way actually gets you more.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

What division were you in? The gear in my league promotion boxes was actually quite nice.

Div 6, currently at 1.8 mil GP, and the gear was truly useless other than mk3 Holo, nvm if you compared it to GA rewards before it became GAC

The gear was maybe suitable for someone under 1million GP, or even 500K GP most likely, but even they would be VERY unhappy with it, because it was worse than challenge gear for crying out loud
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Boros wrote: »
    Here go cast your vote on what's the bigger issue in GAC and see I'd I'd Devs do listen to us.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/211831/which-one-of-these-issues-is-more-important-to-you-for-gac#latest

Ridiculous poll that doesn’t include portraits for feats!!!

lol, portraits and titles are meaningless unless GAC is fixed and optimized.
    And clearly people been crying out loud for portrait and titles for a month now and not why rewards are terrible according to CG
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    If you remove the end of GAC final rewards and spread them out over the entire thing people will get to use the GAC store over the course of the whole event, instead of wait 4 weeks, buy 4 things wait 2 more months to buy 4 more things.

Does it actually effect anything physically ? No

Does it remove the perception that we have this store we use 4 times in one day and then wait 2 months to ever use it again. yes

Maybe just giving the store the perception that we can use it here in there instead of once every 2 months would make it 'SEEM' more enjoyable.

I'm going to have to have a drink after this post, but I actually agree with @Dk_rek
  • Yeah @Dk_rek is completely right.
    I'm getting always sad when i scroll past the championship store (several times a day :s ), as i know i'll be able to use it again in 6-7 weeks for 2 days, not cool.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • FartBoss
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I would like to point out that because there is no cross division matches anymore, this does give me the incentive to tank before this GAC. I am in division 7 at about 1,570,000 gp and division 6 starts at 1,600,00gp. You best believe I'm not going into division 6 before August 19th...
  • If GAC is a real tournament, matchmaking should not be an issue. The first week should be random within the division. After that, matchmaking should be based on points earned. Otherwise this can never be a real championship.
  • If GAC is a real tournament, matchmaking should not be an issue. The first week should be random within the division. After that, matchmaking should be based on points earned. Otherwise this can never be a real championship.

I agree, I was only pointing out what I said because one of CG's previous posts said there was no reason to tank and I highly disagree.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Every week I get a paycheck, and then they reset my hours. Why should I even go back to work?

Do they lock down your money too?! To make it impossible to spend the tokens you earned on gear tiers you unlocked without prior notice is unethical at best but par for the course for CG
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Oh and yes, please bring back 3 vs 3, and the different maps ASAP, 5vs5 on the same maps for a month straight was VERY BORING. Please change up these modes within the month so we have variety

(but do something about the Malak issue in the 3vs3)

They just did do something about it. They gave you another chance to get him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    YES, make GAC a true tournament. It's pretty obvious that the matchmaking/feats help out the lower tier players and hurt the top end players. We need a real tournament if you guys are going to be giving extra gear away, at present it's much easier to win at 5 mil gp vs 5.6 mil gp and that's a problem.