Bh prestigious quest - step 1

Tarah
202 posts Member
with the geonosis bt is almost impossible now complete the step 1, killing wampa...

what about to put some wampa in the tables?

Replies

• This has been asked by many people, myself included. No response from CG on this matter.

Here is a prime example:
    Choosing between TB’s just made the Wampa extinct
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208890/choosing-between-tb-s-just-made-the-wampa-extinct

Since you brought up this topic....here are my issues with choosing Hoth vs Geo...also, no response from CG.

There are prestigious quests, achievements and shards awarded with the Hoth light side (LS) and dark side (DS) Territory Battles (TB).

1) Its easier to earn Commander Leia & Imperial Probe droid shards than spending GET2 currency on them.
    2) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)
    3) Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    4) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    5) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    6) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
  • Yep, I’m “stuck” on the Fulcrum Quest 3/4 which requires the phase 6 Rogue One mission because we’ve moved onto Geo TB and will never need to play the Hoth LS TB ever again.

They should include a selectable battle option on the quest page, the exact same fight and restrictions (Rogue One only) which would in theory be harder because we would not have access to the bonus abilities you’d normally have from the platoons/squadrons.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @Tarah , I finished mine with the help of an arena shard member. After I took 1st place for my payout, my friend in 2nd replaces his team with a lone Wampa that I could defeat over and over again with my BHs.

The other option is waiting for RNG by manually doing GW every day (terrible odds, I only ever had 2 wampas show up in 6 months and they were on the same day), or waiting for the Galactic Bounties event.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    @Tarah , I finished mine with the help of an arena shard member. After I took 1st place for my payout, my friend in 2nd replaces his team with a lone Wampa that I could defeat over and over again with my BHs.

The other option is waiting for RNG by manually doing GW every day (terrible odds, I only ever had 2 wampas show up in 6 months and they were on the same day), or waiting for the Galactic Bounties event.

and dropping in arena. assuming your not top 50 dropping wont kill the person.... the only bad thing is you need to probably drop below 500 at this point to find one with all the revans about
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Thirsty for some 10-15 crystals are we, lol

or he wants the titles/ icons
  • This has been asked by many people, myself included. No response from CG on this matter.

Here is a prime example:
    Choosing between TB’s just made the Wampa extinct
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208890/choosing-between-tb-s-just-made-the-wampa-extinct

Since you brought up this topic....here are my issues with choosing Hoth vs Geo...also, no response from CG.

There are prestigious quests, achievements and shards awarded with the Hoth light side (LS) and dark side (DS) Territory Battles (TB).

1) Its easier to earn Commander Leia & Imperial Probe droid shards than spending GET2 currency on them.
    2) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)
    3) Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    4) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    5) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    6) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)

I agree with pretty much all of what you've said there, except the mention of the Frozen Empire/Rebellion achievements as those obviously have to be TB specific and there's one for Geonosis too. I too am stuck now on a BH quest due to it not being counted by the Geonosis TB
    BUT, small comfort: If you or anyone else is still needing Wampa kills then you can get one via the Galactic Bounties event Deadly Wampa tier every few weeks, I know it's not much but at least it's something in case you or anyone else had missed that source
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »

and dropping in arena. assuming your not top 50 dropping wont kill the person.... the only bad thing is you need to probably drop below 500 at this point to find one with all the revans about

@flux_rono , I don’t understand what you mean about dropping in arena. After I beat my friend a few times to finish the quest, I switched my team back. This method doesn’t work if you’re not in the very top. When you’re in 1st, you can still fight 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. If you and your friend are above that, then you’d have to go back and forth beating each other to be able to target him again for another Wampa kill. That’s a lot of extra fights.

Even if you did all this, how do you propose that we do this one?

Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles
    Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB

Ask the rest of your guild to sacrificing getting GET2 rewards TWICE (you can only do 6 battles per hoth DS TB map) just so you can do this quest? Leave your guild and join another one doing Hoth TB? Neither solution is very desirable.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @LendersQuiz , I was not aware of that quest’s requirement. That does sound like an unsavory situation. My first reaction is... are you willing to give up Geo TB to go merc for a lower guild doing Hoth? Perhaps a rework/update will happen when LS Geo TB eventually comes through, but I haven’t seen any mention of it. We’ll have to wait and see if anything changes as extra QoL content
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @Fauztin It gets better!

Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)

Would you like to ask your guild to yet again give up getting GET2 rewards or do you want to leave your guild again? :)
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    If I were that committed, I would consider leaving temporarily to be a merc for a smaller guild. But I have bigger priorities, such as earning Geo TB currency for GK’s Cap Ship. So I can live without finishing those quests for a while (until I can afford to miss out and go merc somewhere, or until a QoL update fixes this obstacle)
    @LendersQuiz

Edit: I’m not sure what you mean, “ask them to yet again give up getting GET 2,” I never asked them to in the first place. We’ve done Geo TB every week since release. I haven’t left my guild for quests before either.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Edit: I’m not sure what you mean, “ask them to yet again give up getting GET 2,” I never asked them to in the first place. We’ve done Geo TB every week since release. I haven’t left my guild for quests before either.

@Fauztin I never said you did any of these things. I am/was speaking hypothetically.

What I mean is...assuming you already asked them twice to give up on GET2 rewards so you could do the IG88 quest, you would have to ask them to give up GET2 rewards a 3rd time so you could also do the Fulcrum quest. Twice for dark side Hoth TB and a 3rd time for Light side Hoth TB.

Hopefully the guild that you would be in would be powerful enough to also be able to do these achievements at the same time.

Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.

I was pointing out that since the Geo TB came out, some of the quests & achievements have been made either (in quotes) "impossible" to do. To complete them, it means that 1) you (and/or your guild) need to sacrifice GET2 rewards or 2) you need to leave your guild and find another that will help you out.

A third choice is, of course, to 3) give up on ever completing them and a forth choice is 4) hoping that a QOL update will address these issues.

I can only speak for myself when I say, given these four choices, none are appealing.
    flux_rono wrote: »

@flux_rono , I don’t understand what you mean about dropping in arena. After I beat my friend a few times to finish the quest, I switched my team back. This method doesn’t work if you’re not in the very top. When you’re in 1st, you can still fight 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. If you and your friend are above that, then you’d have to go back and forth beating each other to be able to target him again for another Wampa kill. That’s a lot of extra fights.

im not saying to fight with a friend. im saying random people can have a wampa on thier team... thats how i originally got the quest done
  • Apparently you can kill the wampa and let the battle time out, so you can fight the same team over and over without rank adjustment. I haven’t done this but I believe that’s how it works.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @LendersQuiz , ah thanks for clarifying, I felt super confused. I guess the real difference is... I just would never ask my guild to do that. If I really felt like I wanted to get it done, I’d leave for a smaller guild to get it done, then apply to return after.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I never said you did any of these things. I am/was speaking hypothetically.

What I mean is...assuming you already asked them twice to give up on GET2 rewards so you could do the IG88 quest, you would have to ask them to give up GET2 rewards a 3rd time so you could also do the Fulcrum quest. Twice for dark side Hoth TB and a 3rd time for Light side Hoth TB.

Hopefully the guild that you would be in would be powerful enough to also be able to do these achievements at the same time.

Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.

I was pointing out that since the Geo TB came out, some of the quests & achievements have been made either (in quotes) "impossible" to do. To complete them, it means that 1) you (and/or your guild) need to sacrifice GET2 rewards or 2) you need to leave your guild and find another that will help you out.

A third choice is, of course, to 3) give up on ever completing them and a forth choice is 4) hoping that a QOL update will address these issues.

I can only speak for myself when I say, given these four choices, none are appealing.

Lenders, well put. Unfortunately, it seems as though many of the "prestigious quests" were designed either for a very specific life cycle in the game (i.e. use all Jedi to win 10 battles, defeat Wampa hundreds of times, etc.) - which, because they weren't part of the game at the start, some are past already or they actually encourage unnecessary wasting of gear (gear Greedo to g12, same for Savage, etc.). At first, they seemed like an interesting little way to encourage things in the game for rewards, but I think for most, they have fallen to your 3rd option - give up on completing them as they are near impossible or simply not worth wasting gear on.

Sadly, a decent idea that was half-baked, poorly implemented and not well planned.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Fauztin is right though, just go merc for a while if it means that much to you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There is an easy solution and you don't have to drop in arena to do it.

It took me 4 arena battles to get all the Wampa kills.

Have your opponent put in Daka, Elder, Captain Han, and Wampa. Go in with boba, and kill wampa. Don't kill the others, let them revive WAmpa and kill Wampa again. If you play it right, you can get 15-20 WAmpa kills in one battle.

They key is to not let it time out. If it times out - you don't get credit for any. If you lose or win, you'll get credit though.

You're welcome.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lenders, well put. Unfortunately, it seems as though many of the "prestigious quests" were designed either for a very specific life cycle in the game (i.e. use all Jedi to win 10 battles, defeat Wampa hundreds of times, etc.) - which, because they weren't part of the game at the start, some are past already or they actually encourage unnecessary wasting of gear (gear Greedo to g12, same for Savage, etc.). At first, they seemed like an interesting little way to encourage things in the game for rewards, but I think for most, they have fallen to your 3rd option - give up on completing them as they are near impossible or simply not worth wasting gear on. Sadly, a decent idea that was half-baked, poorly implemented and not well planned.

Thank you very much for this well thought out, well spoken response. I always appreciate it when somebody makes an effort.

Sadly, the 3rd option is not something I can really do. I think I have a mild case of OCD and I have a "need" to complete all aspects of this game that are technically possible (no "Bastilla on the Bench" for me!). Whenever somebody creates a post that is somehow related to these quests or achievements, I always bring up the rest of the "impossible" quests/achievements.

I am always hopeful that I will catch the eye of someone at CG who will take up my cause even though I know deep down that it will not be likely. What can I say, people who take the time to be active in this game and in the forum/reddit are passionate and each person will have their own thing that grinds their gears.

The second option (find another guild several times) may be my only hope. Once again, thank you for the thoughtful response.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    They are garbage quests for garbage rewards, designed for new players to have something “fun” to aim for. Ignore them
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I'm a day 1 player and I've done them all and enjoy the titles associated with them immensely. So...no, I won't ignore them (well, they're all done, but still).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I'm a day 1 player and I've done them all and enjoy the titles associated with them immensely. So...no, I won't ignore them (well, they're all done, but still).

obviously if you like them you should do them, as you have. Only meant ignore them if people are freaking out and wanting to do hoth instead of geotb, rancor unsimmed etc for a pic and nothing rewards
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Well weigh it out, would you want a pic/avatar that’s totally useless and can’t help with any aspect of the game, or would you want Wat Tambor, Negotiator, currency, gear... That’s why this shouldn’t even be a problem
    I’d love to have my expensive, new car come with rips in the leather seats. This game makes plenty of money and there’s no excuse for not fixing it immediately.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Robert wrote: »
    Well weigh it out, would you want a pic/avatar that’s totally useless and can’t help with any aspect of the game, or would you want Wat Tambor, Negotiator, currency, gear... That’s why this shouldn’t even be a problem
    I’d love to have my expensive, new car come with rips in the leather seats.

I think a small barely noticeable smudge on the back right passenger window is more in line with this analogy, but to each their own I guess.
  • Wasn't there a dev promise that choosing GeoTB over HothTB should not penalize player progression? For example, GET1 tokens were still awarded in GeoTB, IPD shards became available in store, etc).
    I hope the QoL update for this issue does not take as long as the 12 Days of Spring achievement correction.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    They are garbage quests for garbage rewards, designed for new players to have something “fun” to aim for. Ignore them

They’re not for new players at all. Most require g12 and/or hundreds of manual battles. Not sure why so many people are resigned to letting a part of the game simply be broken. Whether you think the quests are important or rewarding enough is irrelevant.
  • TVF wrote: »

I think a small barely noticeable smudge on the back right passenger window is more in line with this analogy, but to each their own I guess.

No, the seat rip is a fairer analogy because you're basically saying that it's irrelevant to you because it's just a cosmetic detail and you only care about function. To someone who cares about appearance and details it's not "barely noticeable" - avatar pics are the single most prominent visual presentation of each user in the game.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

No, the seat rip is a fairer analogy because you're basically saying that it's irrelevant to you because it's just a cosmetic detail and you only care about function. To someone who cares about appearance and details it's not "barely noticeable" - avatar pics are the single most prominent visual presentation of each user in the game.

I mean, you can earn crystals with a good team, but not with a portrait....but on the other hand, to each their own. If the window smudge is important to you, I'm not judging you, not at all. But it's a visual presentation that has no bearing on any other part of the game. So sure it's the single most prominent visual presentation of each user, I won't argue that, but you can't convince me that it's more than a window smudge.