Bring back DR for the 72 hour Malak Event..

Retsy
1 posts Member
edited August 2019
For those of us who missed him the 2nd time around and are now prepared to obtain DR and possibly Malak... :(
Post edited by Retsy on

Replies

• How about no. If you missed DR the second time he came why should you get Malak the second time he comes?
  • I am ready for both. Really lousy move bringing Malak back without another crack at DR. Whatever though, all their moves made me ftp a while ago.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    How about no. If you missed DR the second time he came why should you get Malak the second time he comes?

Because Darth Revan was released 1 month early.

Or Malak was released 1 month late.
  • Nope....

And please release new meta asap...😀
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    How about no. If you missed DR the second time he came why should you get Malak the second time he comes?

It was 3 months.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Monel wrote: »

Or Malak was released 1 month late.

Neither. Dr came back on the expected time and Malak is an event type of it's own. It doesn't have the legendary-hero's journey coupling which sets this expectation.

• There is no good reason why these events are not linked together. Malak should have been re-run the week after the last DR or pushed back until after the next DR run.
  • How about no. If you missed DR the second time he came why should you get Malak the second time he comes?

According to what cadence? The second run was ~80 days after the first event that already came later than planned. There was enough time at disposal for any player that truly cares about being competitive.

This. You've already had 2 chances to get DR and he is pretty easy to get. DR coming out and needing the other OR toons was one of the worst kept secrets. Anyone paying attention started farming Canderous, Juhani and Carth as soon as they hit nodes. HK has been around the game since launch. DR was also released a couple of weeks later from the last OR toons hitting nodes than JKR was. People had plenty of time to get DR by the 2nd time he came out.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

According to what cadence? The second run was ~80 days after the first event that already came later than planned. There was enough time at disposal for any player that truly cares about being competitive.

According to typical hero's journey cadence. Only the first Dr event was late as admitted. So 2nd Dr event came at the expected cadence 2nd return timing.
  • You know what? They might just do that. Maybe on the last day of the event. Only the Shadow knows.
  • m647tig4p62d.png
    Idk why everyone acts like DR came back early the second time. There is nothing that says it will be three months exact. BTW, 80 days is pretty spot-on anyway. Here is the cadence for Papa Palpatine, all over the place. Whining isn't going to make DR come back before September.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1958 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    m647tig4p62d.png
    Whining isn't going to make DR come back before September.

But it's a nice change from all the where's Wald..I mean Malak threads.. oh wait..
    So many where's Malak threads and you guys didn't prepare? Solo scoundrels you are not.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • What always strikes me as odd is that I don't think I've ever heard someone say that JKR should come at the same time as Malak, only DR. That just strikes me as odd given how BOTH are required, but people only ask the one they need to be run at the same time.
  • It's going to make me unpopular with guild mates, but I'm with those who are glad there's not one more chance to get DR.

I worked my tushy off to get ready for DR and Malak at the same time. When DR came the 2nd time I got him and rushed to drop zetas and gear on him as fast as I could. I was ready for Malak less than 2 weeks after I got DR, which was on the first day of that week-long event.

So less than one week after DR even ended, I was entirely ready for Malak. And I've had to wait as more and more people get Malak-ready so the toon is less and less exclusive when I get it. But hey, I'm FtP, and I'm going to get Malak the 2nd time round, so I've got to make my peace with it... and I have.

But putting out DR again? Why? It's been how long since the last DR event? 2 months almost?

Nah. Think about it: even if they did it, you'd have people complaining didn't have enough gear saved up to get DR up to 17,500 to qualify for the event.

No, DR event has to be played a week or two - at least - before the Malak event so that there's time to gear up DR. Running them concurrently won't help anything for people who didn't plan ahead, and if you did plan ahead and just didn't get there? I'm sorry, but I built up fleet and have finished top3 all but 4 days for more than a year now. I did that specifically because I knew it would get me zetas and crystals that would pay back the fleet investment. I worked hard to do that. You can do that too, or you can make other adjustments to your play. But we all knew that it wasn't going to work to have DR & Malak simultaneous b/c of the lag time (about 10 days for me, and I have all that crystal income from Fleet).

Complain if it makes you feel better, but remember to ask yourself if you have 60 zeta mats, 60 omegas, and gear for g11 (including Kyrotech) stored up, with all the other Malak toons above 17,500 already.

If not, simultaneous events wouldn't have helped you anyway.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @Retsy moved to Feedback: Events
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • If you weren't prepared for Darth Revan 2, you won't get in on Darth Malak 2.

This should not be a surprise. This is not a blindside. You have to meet the prerequisites to take part in the event.

Get Darth Revan the third time and you should be ret to go for the third Malak event, which should also be unsurprising.
    Still not a he.
  • to everyone saying we shouldntbe upset sorry we arnt rich and can afford 10000's of dollars to put into game to farn everything that comes ot when they give huge pay walls darth revan was te first second time miss ive had in over 3 years cg ea and youi people buy a clue
  • Whiteßerry
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Krel wrote: »
    to everyone saying we shouldntbe upset sorry we arnt rich and can afford 10000's of dollars to put into game to farn everything that comes ot when they give huge pay walls darth revan was te first second time miss ive had in over 3 years cg ea and youi people buy a clue

I know it's a paywall. That is why I have neither Revan and couldn't care less. Jedi Revan is already becoming irrelevant and Malak soon will be. If you're chasing Malak then you're chasing the wrong META.
    Post edited by Whiteßerry on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    to everyone saying we shouldntbe upset sorry we arnt rich and can afford 10000's of dollars to put into game to farn everything that comes ot when they give huge pay walls darth revan was te first second time miss ive had in over 3 years cg ea and youi people buy a clue

If you think people were paying thousands to get DR on his second appearance you are way out of touch. You chose not to focus on it, and are now facing the consequences of that decision.
  • Krel wrote: »

The vast majority that got DR the second time paid $0. They were just dedicated in their farming.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Liath wrote: »

If you think people were paying thousands to get DR on his second appearance you are way out of touch. You chose not to focus on it, and are now facing the consequences of that decision.

Bingo. The 2nd time around of everything has always been pretty easily achievable for FTP that know what they are doing. Heck some FTP have hit first time around on most everything. Granted the last year or so of events have made that much rarer than in the previous couple of years.....

If you missed the second time, you probably should be working on your Kit Fisto, JC, and Mace Windu for the inevitable Fisto, JC, Windo, Ki Adi Mundi and (crosses fingers) Quinlan Vos meta!