GAC rewards

Prev1
Mousie
35 posts Member
edited August 2019
I love how you talk about all the issues for the GAC, except for the biggest one for everybody I know which is time and investment does not reflect the rewards you give for it. Nobody thinks the rewards for the GAC come close to being worth the effort
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I thought the rewards were amazing.. there is only one issue I have with it but this is not the post to discuss this.
  • Mousie wrote: »
    I love how you talk about all the issues for the GAC, except for the biggest one for everybody I know which is time and investment does not reflect the rewards you give for it. Nobody thinks the rewards for the GAC come close to being worth the effort

Wow! Nobody? Really? Did you take a poll or something?

If you don’t like GAC, leave it alone and do other stuff... really not that difficult
  • I have to agree, the rewards for the time spent plus resourses spent to prep are sub par.

Considering it costs me $30AU for 1 full stun cuff and 1 full carbanti......

If the table was turned, It would equate to me giving EA/CG $3.75AU for everything in weekly shipments. That's the scale of disproprtion of what we get compared to what we have to pay....

Basicly anyone who spends any money ( including myself ) is sadly being ripped off.
  • The GAC post was great and addressed most the concerns of the players but we still haven’t heard anything about better gear from the events. 6 dot mods are nearly impossible to get since they were removed from these rounds.

Can the community expect better rewards from the non exhibition GAC for each round and or for each specific battle?
  • Intrepid wrote: »
    Mousie wrote: »

If you don’t like GAC, leave it alone and do other stuff... really not that difficult

That's a great idea ... a poll....
  • GunsAtFour wrote: »
    I have to agree, the rewards for the time spent plus resourses spent to prep are sub par.

If the table was turned, It would equate to me giving EA/CG $3.75AU for everything in weekly shipments. That's the scale of disproprtion of what we get compared to what we have to pay....

Basicly anyone who spends any money ( including myself ) is sadly being ripped off.

Correct me if I am wrong... GAC’s are optional AND free to play?? Or am I missing something? Whatever rewards we get, we get for doing a job that requires minimal effort... why complain about that, when there are so many other more valid things to complain about? Again... don’t like it? Don’t do it... just because something runs for a month, doesn’t automatically mean you should get rewarded 100 zetas... GAC is 100% f2p... oh, and did I mention OPTIONAL?

I think that the rewards for daily arenas are WAY too high!! People getting 900 crystals every single day... and shard mafias sharing rank 1 and beating the crap out of anyone who dares enter top 10?? Nah... there’s something valid to complain about, haha...
    Whatever rewards we get, we get for doing a job that requires minimal effort...

Not that this is actually relevant to the topic, but I find it to be an interesting commentary on the state of the game that it’s being referred to as a job.
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    I have to agree, the rewards for the time spent plus resourses spent to prep are sub par.

Correct me if I am wrong... GAC’s are optional AND free to play?? Or am I missing something? Whatever rewards we get, we get for doing a job that requires minimal effort... why complain about that, when there are so many other more valid things to complain about? Again... don’t like it? Don’t do it... just because something runs for a month, doesn’t automatically mean you should get rewarded 100 zetas... GAC is 100% f2p... oh, and did I mention OPTIONAL?

I think that the rewards for daily arenas are WAY too high!! People getting 900 crystals every single day... and shard mafias sharing rank 1 and beating the crap out of anyone who dares enter top 10?? Nah... there’s something valid to complain about, haha...

First of all I am not complaining, I am stating facts

I pay for crystals and am happy to do so. I believe the return for the money outlaid is stingy on EA/CGs behalf but being Australian i also am penalised by the exchange rate. I enjoy all aspects of swgoh. This is why I pay to play.
    I never asked for 100 zetas , no clue how you came to this assumption. For what is essentially 18 days, ( correct me If I am wrong ) the rewards are below par compared to raid rewards for time and effort input. This is of course my opinion, that I am entitled to, and do not have to go far to find others that agree.

As far as crystals for arena ranks go, kiss that good by in the future. EA/CG give away $300k/day apparently so that will soon be a thing of the past.

I see you fancy your soap box so much so that your retort has more holes then a 6 month old sponge.

*Drops mic*
  • I like that carrie said they give away $300k a day and how so many people believe that. They give away their made up currency got this game and it costs them zero dollars to do so. They are not losing money. In fact the desire to earn the crystals results in easy more real money spending chasing that goal then is given away. That is the whole premise of f2p games. They give away nothing.

I think what many of us would like would be a better balance. Remove some rewards from arena and add it to GA, sprinkle on some stun guns and most of us would be very happy.
    And I don't think OP said they didn't like the game mode, just asking for better rewards. It's a perfectly valid criticism.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @Mousie , I do understand where you’re coming from. From my perspective, I’m inclined to agree.

At the heart of it though, it’s a pretty fluid philosophical situation. I, like yourself, believe that immaterial and fictional currency does not count as valid finances with monetary value. However, in respect to supply and demand, individuals may consider it to hold enough value personally to them to equal the importance they put on actual money.

You are correct - the company does not lose anything (in fact, might gain something, in the sense that it makes players accustomed to having crystals, and makes them more likely to purchase in the future). On the other hand, players are gaining something by this “giveaway.”

I certainly can’t pay my bills with crystals. I believe it’s all in the eye of the beholder.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Intrepid wrote: »

Not that this is actually relevant to the topic, but I find it to be an interesting commentary on the state of the game that it’s being referred to as a job.

Haha, I never knew posting someting on the the forums would be THIS fun 😂

How does the word “task” work for you? Or perhaps “event”? Point is... whatever rewards we get from GAC... we get for absolutely free and by applying minimal effort... correct?
  • Intrepid
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2019

I pay for crystals and am happy to do so. I believe the return for the money outlaid is stingy on EA/CGs behalf but being Australian i also am penalised by the exchange rate. I enjoy all aspects of swgoh. This is why I pay to play.
    I never asked for 100 zetas , no clue how you came to this assumption. For what is essentially 18 days, ( correct me If I am wrong ) the rewards are below par compared to raid rewards for time and effort input. This is of course my opinion, that I am entitled to, and do not have to go far to find others that agree.

As far as crystals for arena ranks go, kiss that good by in the future. EA/CG give away $300k/day apparently so that will soon be a thing of the past.

I see you fancy your soap box so much so that your retort has more holes then a 6 month old sponge.

*Drops mic*

What are your daily arena ranks?

Not only australians are “penalized” by having to pay taxes... take that up with your government... has NOTHING to do with this game, haha...

... I’m curious, since you are now comparing GAC rewards to raid rewards, where does is say that GAC rewards are based off of raid rewards? Where was is promised to us that GAC rewards would be equivalent to that of raid rewards? I mist hve missed that memo - if there isn’t one, then you Sir, are complaining about not getting enough stuff for participating in a free event... which again is just more of the same in here

I think what many of us would like would be a better balance. Remove some rewards from arena and add it to GA, sprinkle on some stun guns and most of us would be very happy.
    And I don't think OP said they didn't like the game mode, just asking for better rewards. It's a perfectly valid criticism.

Actually, the OP said NOBODY liked the rewards from GAC... and that HAS to be a blatant lie... and what someone says to complain... my point is, how can you be upset or discontent getting stuff for absolutely free? I lso agree with you on the Stun Guns and Stun Cuffs issue... totally... but even if CG added stun guns/cuffs (which they had in GAs - and is why OP is probably complaining) they would remove the zeta and only add stun guns/cuffs for ranks 1-4 ... and BOOM, then we will have a new complainer in here... someone will ALWAYS be unhappy amd want more or different things... but does anyone honestly believe that posting about it here helps? Why not send a mail to the company itself... these forums, 99% of the time, only serve as an outlet for people’s frustrations... which I get... but the fact still remains... noone is FORCED to enter GAC... and if you do enter... all you have to do is finish 8 arena battles... 4 times over te duration of what... 18 days? Not much compared the the 5 we have to every single day...
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Point is... whatever rewards we get from GAC... we get for absolutely free and by applying minimal effort... correct?

Um no, not even close to being correct.

Really? Then please explain to me how much money we have to spend playing GAC and how much work we are forced to put into it?

Coz as far as i know, all we have to do is set 8 defenses and beat 8 defenses... and setting the 8 defense teams aren’t even required...
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    The GAC post was great and addressed most the concerns of the players but we still haven’t heard anything about better gear from the events. 6 dot mods are nearly impossible to get since they were removed from these rounds.

Can the community expect better rewards from the non exhibition GAC for each round and or for each specific battle?

@Lebronaims , please refrain from posting new threads with the exact same title, on the same topic, bringing up a different talking point that could just be posted here.

I’ve merged the threads together.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Mousie wrote: »

Pretty obvious forum sentiment is rewards are meh for all but the people finishing at top or. Are minimum 2/3 every time... yes same 5-7 people love everything cause thats what they say no matter what....

At a bare minimum “currently” i would agree with devs to ditch end of GAC awards and dispurse them during event so it does not seem like we have a store in game we can use 6 times a year or give me a way to hide it

Well said Brother
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2019

*Drops mic*

Not only australians are “penalized” by having to pay taxes... take that up with your government... has NOTHING to do with this game, haha...

... I’m curious, since you are now comparing GAC rewards to raid rewards, where does is say that GAC rewards are based off of raid rewards? Where was is promised to us that GAC rewards would be equivalent to that of raid rewards? I mist hve missed that memo - if there isn’t one, then you Sir, are complaining about not getting enough stuff for participating in a free event... which again is just more of the same in here

You have missed my point bro, not your fault however as I was at work when I decided to have my say on the matter so I will try to explain to you now were I am comming from...

Swgoh, being a progression game, requires decision making of choises, as to where best to place resourses for maximum benifent to one's account. We can all agree on that, and that this is in fact a game of resources management.
    There is no disputing this.
    As new characters are added and new gear levels become apparent, thus makes it more and more vital to make the correct decisions. Something that can be difficult when the fact remains that we can only speculate what will be released next in way of content, characters and resourses.

Even as someone who drops coin on the game to improve rosters to keep up to a level of end game content, I can only feel for the free to play players that love the game but can never afford to pay to expand their rosters. This is compounded even more for new players just starting out that may be looking at months if not years before they to can at some stage enjoy end game content.

I get it. It's a business. EA/CG need to make a profit to present to their share holders in order for the game to continue to be available for free to play players. That is fair I have no problem with this. My issue is more to say that, there is no way EA/CG are not improving there bottom line. If they were losing out, the game would not have come this far.

I spend decent coin on this. And I do not even consider myself a whale. I can honestly say I drop a good $300-$400 / month gearing up toons i want, some times more and i am at about 60 g12 toons and 6 g13 toons with my weakest toon at gear 7

Now I have seen a LOT of rosters far more superior to mine and can only imagine what kind of coin they have dropped over the few years the game has been running.

Again. I love this game. I do ok and have plenty of disposable income , and am more then happy to support the content creators, not an issue. What gets up my nostril however, is when anytime someone comes to the forums and asks for perhaps a little more reward for participation to take some of the sting out of what a lot of players consider to be the most epic of grinds, we have a host of EA/CG/Dev fan boys rush in and shoot them down for dare even mentioning the fact that the end of raid/GAC/TB/TW ( take your pick ) May be a little disappointing.

For the majority of players the fact remains that yes, the loot box at the end of raids and things like GAC are quite poor considering how much gear and other such resourses are needed. Especially when a lot of the time you end up with stuff you do not need rather then stuff you would like to receive.

The thing is, not every player in swgoh bothers with the forums. Because they know, If they bother to mention it, they are going to be bullied for it, hence why the forums are not over run and rampant with displeased punters.

It is a good thing that swgoh is actually quite a good game. Because if it was not, The game would have gone broke a long time ago.

No one is asking for 100 zetas just maybe a few more stun gun, cuff and carbanti and perhaps some E6 slicing Material. I'm sure It won't send share holders living in the streets.

If you think this is unreasonable, then I put it to you that it is yourself that is being unreasonable.

*Drops mic*

You have missed my point bro, not your fault however as I was at work when I decided to have my say on the matter so I will try to explain to you now were I am comming from...

Swgoh, being a progression game, requires decision making of choises, as to where best to place resourses for maximum benifent to one's account. We can all agree on that, and that this is in fact a game of resources management.
    As new characters are added and new gear levels become apparent, thus makes it more and more vital to make the correct decisions. Something that can be difficult when the fact remains that we can only speculate what will be released next in way of content, characters and resourses.

Even as someone who drops coin on the game to improve rosters to keep up to a level of end game content, I can only feel for the free to play players that love the game but can never afford to pay to expand their rosters. This is compounded even more for new players just starting out that may be looking at months if not years before they to can at some stage enjoy end game content.

I get it. It's a business. EA/CG need to make a profit to present to their share holders in order for the game to continue to be available for free to play players. That is fair I have no problem with this. My issue is more to say that, there is no way EA/CG are not improving there bottom line. If they were losing out, the game would not have come this far.

I spend decent coin on this. And I do not even consider myself a whale. I can honestly say I drop a good $300-$400 / month gearing up toons i want, some times more and i am at about 60 g12 toons and 6 g13 toons with my weakest toon at gear 7

Now I have seen a LOT of rosters far more superior to mine and can only imagine what kind of coin they have dropped over the few years the game has been running.

Again. I love this game. I do ok and have plenty of disposable income , and am more then happy to support the content creators, not an issue. What gets up my nostril however, is when anytime someone comes to the forums and asks for perhaps a little more reward for participation to take some of the sting out of what a lot of players consider to be the most epic of grinds, we have a host of EA/CG/Dev fan boys rush in and shoot them down for dare even mentioning the fact that the end of raid/GAC/TB/TW ( take your pick ) May be a little disappointing.

For the majority of players the fact remains that yes, the loot box at the end of raids and things like GAC are quite poor considering how much gear and other such resourses are needed. Especially when a lot of the time you end up with stuff you do not need rather then stuff you would like to receive.

The thing is, not every player in swgoh bothers with the forums. Because they know, If they bother to mention it, they are going to be bullied for it, hence why the forums are not over run and rampant with displeased punters.

It is a good thing that swgoh is actually quite a good game. Because if it was not, The game would have gone broke a long time ago.

No one is asking for 100 zetas just maybe a few more stun gun, cuff and carbanti and perhaps some E6 slicing Material. I'm sure It won't send share holders living in the streets.

If you think this is unreasonable, then I put it to you that it is yourself that is being unreasonable.

First off, I’m definitely no fanboy or CG apologizer... I’m just a bit tired of the “we want more rewards” threads... and if by some luck we do get more rewards, it’s on to “we want better rewards” 🤷🏼‍♂️

One pf my points were... just because GAC runs for 4 weeks, doesn’t necessarily make it so that it has to grant rewards worth 4 weeks of raiding... and no, noone was requesting that either... I know. But adding 10-15 stun guns? To all ranks? I would not oppose to that, no sir... but oposing to better rewards and to come here and post that we WANT better rewards just because the event runs for 4 weeks... that’s a weak arguement... and a sense of entitlement...

... another point, so many people come here to “complain” about rewards and the gear grind and what not... but we all know that if CG wanted to add more rewards to help us out, they would have...

... I realize the frustrations appears to all us in different ways... what rubs me the wrong way is the drip rates and the thingy that surfaced a little while confirming it... and the fact that we ONLY get 3-5 Carbantis from challenges, eventhough it says “7”... now, there is some actual stuff to be upset about... CG never promised us any specific type of rewards... we have just gotten used to getting better rewards from GA... and the gear grind is a pain... so naturally, we get these types of threads all the time.

They could add stun guns to a numerous of events and challenges... and yet they haven’t. So, just enjoy the buggy GAC for what it is and be happy if you can get a zeta...

*Drops mic*

I don’t post much in here either... but I read a lot... and I agree... we have a lot of keyboard warriors in here ready to jump anyone they don’t agree with... but my comment wasn’t meant as a bully comment... I get the frustration and I wouæd love more rewards in any event... but what got to me was the “Nobody is satisfied with the rewards” statement... if you wanna post in here... just post for yourself and not on my behalf... please.

I couldn’t care less with the current rewards for GAC... I hate that event... unfair matchmaking... cheating... rng... yuk!! We already have TW... I don’t really need a personal one-on-one TW too... boring as nothing good!
  • How about NO REWARDS for this month, bcuz no GAC?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    How about NO REWARDS for this month, bcuz no GAC?

How about they already announced the next one?
  • I seem to recall the Devs saying they scaled back the rewards for the Exhibition but would the rewards would be better for the 'real' thing. I'll see if I can find that post, unless someone else can beat me to it.
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Haha, I never knew posting someting on the the forums would be THIS fun 😂

How does the word “task” work for you? Or perhaps “event”? Point is... whatever rewards we get from GAC... we get for absolutely free and by applying minimal effort... correct?

Define minimal effort, compared to what?
  • Travesty wrote: »
    I seem to recall the Devs saying they scaled back the rewards for the Exhibition but would the rewards would be better for the 'real' thing. I'll see if I can find that post, unless someone else can beat me to it.
    I stand corrected.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206819/exhibition-gac-rewards-and-beyond#latest

They didn't say specifically the rewards would be increased for the real exhibitions like I thought. They only said they'd monitor and maybe adjust. Based on the circumspect wording I'd guess that no, there will most likely be no changes to GAC rewards, especially since dev Carrie stated in the past that anything you earn via game play instead of paying money for is them 'giving away' stuff.