GAC rewards

2Next

Replies

• ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Well it is funny when you read it all.

At June 11:
    Players should never feel incentivized to tank their GP before or during a Championship, since a higher GP division means better rewards. This, combined with the move away from raw GP in matchmaking, should result in less last-minute weirdness and closer, fairer matches.

Then June 21:
    End of Championship rewards do not change between Divisions. Being in a higher division will, however, affect the rewards you receive when you are promoted between Leagues (Promotion Rewards).

I just got up in division so really want to see what diference will be in promotions rewards, since they felt like little something, not really rewards at all. And now i will be on low end of this Division i think i will probably get worse rewards in the end :disappointed:
  • The rewards for GAC are a complete joke. How is even possible that an event that only runs for seven days (Geo TB) gives more rewards than an event that lasts for an entire month and is called to be the "flagship" event of the game. I'm with you OP the rewards should be improved.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    The rewards for GAC are a complete joke. How is even possible that an event that only runs for seven days (Geo TB) gives more rewards than an event that lasts for an entire month and is called to be the "flagship" event of the game. I'm with you OP the rewards should be improved.

Just this @CG_SBCrumb
    Lol
  • Mousie
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Travesty wrote: »
    I seem to recall the Devs saying they scaled back the rewards for the Exhibition but would the rewards would be better for the 'real' thing. I'll see if I can find that post, unless someone else can beat me to it.
    I stand corrected.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206819/exhibition-gac-rewards-and-beyond#latest

They didn't say specifically the rewards would be increased for the real exhibitions like I thought. They only said they'd monitor and maybe adjust. Based on the circumspect wording I'd guess that no, there will most likely be no changes to GAC rewards, especially since dev Carrie stated in the past that anything you earn via game play instead of paying money for is them 'giving away' stuff.

Remember they fired cg carrie. Which tells you how player performance really is. And its because of ignoring this type of feedback
  • The rewards for GAC are a complete joke. How is even possible that an event that only runs for seven days (Geo TB) gives more rewards than an event that lasts for an entire month and is called to be the "flagship" event of the game. I'm with you OP the rewards should be improved.

Pft. Compare that to top 10 hsr rewards... or fleet arena. I think fleet arena is actually my highest income in the game dispite how absolutely little effort I put into it.
  • TVF
    36575 posts Member
    Mousie wrote: »
    I seem to recall the Devs saying they scaled back the rewards for the Exhibition but would the rewards would be better for the 'real' thing. I'll see if I can find that post, unless someone else can beat me to it.
    I stand corrected.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206819/exhibition-gac-rewards-and-beyond#latest

They didn't say specifically the rewards would be increased for the real exhibitions like I thought. They only said they'd monitor and maybe adjust. Based on the circumspect wording I'd guess that no, there will most likely be no changes to GAC rewards, especially since dev Carrie stated in the past that anything you earn via game play instead of paying money for is them 'giving away' stuff.

Remember they fired cg carrie. Which tells you how player performance really is. And its because of ignoring this type of feedback

Source please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mousie wrote: »
    I stand corrected.

Source please.

There is no direct source as it is not any company policy to disclose employment conditions. That being said if you can critically think and connect dots youd understand
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    [q
    Post edited by Dk_rek on
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    The GAC post was great and addressed most the concerns of the players but we still haven’t heard anything about better gear from the events. 6 dot mods are nearly impossible to get since they were removed from these rounds.

Can the community expect better rewards from the non exhibition GAC for each round and or for each specific battle?

@Lebronaims , please refrain from posting new threads with the exact same title, on the same topic, bringing up a different talking point that could just be posted here.

I’ve merged the threads together.

@Fauztin I appreciate you for merging it with a like post. However please refrain from assuming everyone sifts through these forums all day and copies posts. I have no obligation to check the list of posts before I chose to create one. If there is a copied topic it’s most likely because it’s a concern of other community members.

If you don’t enjoy combining like posts then don’t but don’t complain about it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The GAC post was great and addressed most the concerns of the players but we still haven’t heard anything about better gear from the events. 6 dot mods are nearly impossible to get since they were removed from these rounds.

Can the community expect better rewards from the non exhibition GAC for each round and or for each specific battle?

@Lebronaims , please refrain from posting new threads with the exact same title, on the same topic, bringing up a different talking point that could just be posted here.

@Fauztin I appreciate you for merging it with a like post. However please refrain from assuming everyone sifts through these forums all day and copies posts. I have no obligation to check the list of posts before I chose to create one. If there is a copied topic it’s most likely because it’s a concern of other community members.

That's why there's a search option.

As a considerate forum user, you acutally do, in fact, have an obligation to check before you post.

(But tbf, many don't)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Rewards are awful compared to time/effort
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I believe the enjoyment of playing was taken in to consideration.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

As a considerate forum user, you acutally do, in fact, have an obligation to check before you post.

(But tbf, many don't)

That sure is a considerate way of making a good suggestion... While also still not showing one shred of obligation to use said suggestion.

(Tbf I will probably use the search from now on)
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member

@Lebronaims
    Please refrain from the discussion of moderation activities 🤦‍♂️

All seriousness though, I hope you didn’t interpret my note as a complaint. I believe it’s valid, and deserves its spot with the bigger discussion, hence why it wasn’t flagged as repetitive/spam/etc, and why I wanted to notify you of what happened to avoid any confusion in thinking it might have been missing altogether.

You may have seen how larger topics are titled with [MERGE] or [MEGA]. This is how that happens, and it’s a good thing, so more eyes get on it.

All that aside, it’s also part of the moderator guidelines to do so 🤷‍♂️
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    ZAP wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yeah CG developers were all saying, “They are all having so much fun!!! I love my job, I make people happy!!!”

In the context of time vs rewards, it is important to realize playing this game isn't a job. We aren't compensated for our efforts in the same way. It's a game and we play for fun.
  • Mousie wrote: »
    I like that carrie said they give away $300k a day and how so many people believe that. They give away their made up currency got this game and it costs them zero dollars to do so. They are not losing money. In fact the desire to earn the crystals results in easy more real money spending chasing that goal then is given away. That is the whole premise of f2p games. They give away nothing.

Yeah, if they ever do something to crystal payout in Arena, that's the day the game gets uninstalled. The introduction of multiple new currencies all at once may be a step to devaluing crystals.
  • I have to agree with OP.
    as already stated in other posts, i really enjoyed GAC, had a lot of fun.
    But, the rewards need a bit improvement, adding a gear box would already make it much more valuable.
    Getting the currency is cool, but especially the championship currency store remains untouched/unusable for 1 Month or more after i spend the tokens in the first few days after GAC finishes. Afterwards i just have no use for that shop as we get currency all 6 weeks or so, somehow disturbing, but maybe it's me :-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Lebronaims wrote: »

(But tbf, many don't)

That sure is a considerate way of making a good suggestion... While also still not showing one shred of obligation to use said suggestion.

(Tbf I will probably use the search from now on)

You are obligated, as stated in the forum guidelines:
    tsl3bgdqnvdd.jpg
    If you're interested, the rest of the guidelines can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I did consider it.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you