2019 Complete Toon Farming Guide - KillerSwan13

KillerSwan13
94 posts Member
edited August 17
So I have done an insane amount of research and read just about every guide on the internet and since none of them are 100% correct on everything I thought I would make a guide for myself. Please feel free to make any suggestions or comments!!

*The majority of this guide follows pretty closely the legendary flowchart, with a few adjustments based on my preference and opinion.


PHASE I:

The well-known best start in the game is the Phoenix squad. They have a ton of perks early game but probably the best component is Hera's leader ability, which shares every Phoenix unique with all other Phoenix toons. They can also be used to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, some of the most powerful toons in the entire game.

Cantina Battles: Hera/Ezra

Cantina Battle Store: Chopper

Hard Nodes: Sabine (5*)

Squad Arena Store: Kanan

Galactic War Store: Zeb

Guild Store: Dengar


Hera and Ezra are both in Cantina Battles so I would suggest unlocking Hera first for her leader ability and then once she is at 3-4 stars switch over to Ezra. At that point, you can just switch over every time you promote one or the other. Ezra also doubles as a Jedi for the Yoda Event. Chopper from Cantina Battle Store to 7*. You only need to take Sabine to 5* because the only reason to farm her is for her ship. Take Kanan to 7* through Squad Arena Store because not only is he Phoenix but he doubles as a Jedi for Yoda. Zeb will be your first toon to 7* because he is incredibly easy to farm through Galactic War. For Guild Store, farm Dengar first because he is a great Bounty Hunter/Scoundrel that you will need for not only Credit Heist, but also unlocking Chewbacca.


PHASE II:

At this point, depending on your luck with the timing of the legendary events you should have both Palpatine and Thrawn unlocked. At this point, you can start building an Empire team to eventually unlock R2D2. You should already have TFP (Tie Fighter Pilot) and Tarkin unlocked through ships events and Vader through achievements.

Cantina Battles: TFP/KRU (Kylo Ren Unmasked)

Cantina Battle Store: Boba Fett

Hard Nodes: Bastilla/Jolee/Zaalbar

Squad Arena Store: Tarkin

Galactic War Store: Biggs

Guild Store: Ewoks


It doesn't matter whether you farm TFP or KRU first. KRU has an absolutely amazing ship and they are both farmed on the same node, and TFP is needed for your Empire squad and also has a decent ship. Boba Fett has an incredible ship and is one of the best Bounty Hunters/Scoundrels in the game. He is used for Credit Heist and for unlocking Chewbacca later on. Hard Nodes are gonna be some incredibly long farms, but all three of these characters need to be farmed. All three are needed for the Jedi Knight Revan (JKR) event, and Bastilla and Jolee will be used to unlock Yoda. Tarkin is needed from the Squad Arena Store for your Empire squad and for his Capital ship. Biggs' ship is one of the best in the game so he is a must from the Galactic War Store. Ewoks are next from Guild Store because they are necessary to unlock C3PO.


PHASE III:

At this point, you will be getting more independent and the timing of Legendary Events have a lot to do with where you go from here.

Cantina Battles: Old Ben

Cantina Battle Store: First Order Officer

Hard Nodes: Bastilla (Fallen)/Juhani

Squad Arena Store: Stormtrooper Han/Princess Leia

Galactic War: Cad Bane

Guild Store: Rex/Rey (Scavenger)/Jyn


Old Ben next in Cantina Battles because not only do you need him for the Commander Luke Skywalker (CLS) Event, but he also doubles as your last Jedi needed to unlock Yoda. If everything works out you should be done with Old Ben and can move on to KotOR before Bastilla/Jolee/Zaalbar are done in Hard Nodes. The priority is on KotOR and if you realize you need to start farming T3/Mission earlier, Old Ben goes on hold. First Order Officer from Cantina Battle Store because he is an essential part of your future First Order team. Bastilla (Fallen) and Juhani are next in Hard Nodes because they are required to unlock Darth Revan and Bastilla (Fallen) is a huge part of the meta right now. ST Han and Princess Leia from Squad Arena Store because they are both needed to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker. I would suggest farming Han first because he doubles as a scoundrel for your Credit Heist team. Cad Bane is next in the Galactic War Store because he is needed to unlock Chewbacca. At this point in the game, Guild Store is still a pretty slow farm and it is really up to you what you farm out of there from here. Rex is a great leader and clones are on the rise right now. Rey is needed to unlock JTR and is good in raids. Jyn is also good for raids and is the only leader in a Rogue One team.


PHASE IV:

At this point in the game, it is gradually transitioning to you making most of the choices. Ships should be a strong priority while still focusing on completing and maintaining a dominant Arena team.

Cantina Battles: KotOR (Mission, T3-M4)/Farmboy Luke

Cantina Battle Store: Ships

Hard Nodes: Bossk

Squad Arena Store: HK-47

Galactic War Store: Ships/K2SO


As you might have noticed, Cantina Battles are gonna include so many of the people that you are gonna need throughout the game. The next three toons that you are gonna want to farm are Mission, T3, and Farmboy Luke. It doesn't matter which one first. The KotOR toons finish your team for the JKR Event and Farmboy Luke finishes your team for CLS. These toons are arguably the two best toons in the game, so whenever you get one make sure to grab the other. At this point, the Cantina Battle Store only really has a couple of options left: Cassian's U-Wing (one of the best ships), Qui-Gon (great for raids), Old Daka (Nightsister Team), and Stormtrooper (Empire/Imperial Trooper Team). Your choice. Farm Bossk from Hard Nodes because he is essential for Chewbacca and has arguably the best ship in the game. You should farm HK-47 from Squad Arena Store because he is required to get Darth Revan and is a huge part of the current meta. Galactic War Store is also one that will slow down when it comes to urgent toons. At this point, you wanna grab the good ships that come through and eventually grab K2SO (for ship), Magmatrooper (for Empire/Imperial Trooper Team), and Captain Phasma (First Order/Raids). Order of these characters are not super important, just choose whatever you are currently working towards at the time.


PHASE V:

Again it's all about what you are currently working on and what you prefer. This is just what my current plan is for when I get there.

Cantina Battles: First Order (KRU, Kylo Ren, First Order Executioner)

Hard Nodes: Jango/First Order Tie Pilot/Ewoks/Etc

Squad Arena Store: IG-88


First Order toons are next on the list for Cantina Battles because you need them to unlock Jedi Training Rey. KRU because on the off chance you didn't farm him until now, now's the time. Hard Nodes are gonna be for farming a couple of different things. In the end game, there are SO many options for what to farm through Hard Nodes, all of them being a long term commitment. It's all up to you what you choose to farm at this point. Some great options are Jango (also has Bossk's ship on same node), FOTP (need him for ship and for First Order team), Ewok Elder and Wicket (need them both for C3PO event), Mother Talzin and Nightsister Zombie (Nightsister team), and Darth Nihilus and Sion (super dominant in the meta right now). As for Squad Arena, we still got a couple more good toons we need to grab from there before doing whatever. For now, grab IG-88 because he is your last bounty hunter needed to get Chewbacca, he has a ship, and he is gaining popularity in a droid meta right now.


PHASE VI:

Now you are in the complete end game. Whatever you say goes. These are my current opinions:

Cantina Battles: Canderous, Resistance (Finn, Vets)

Squad Arena Store: Ackbar, Asajj


You need Canderous for unlocking Darth Revan, so he is an obvious choice. Finn, Veteran Han, and Veteran Chewie are all needed for unlocking Jedi Training Rey, so they are also up there. It's your choice which one you want to grab first. As for Squad Arena Store, Ackbar is needed for his Capital ship, and Asajj is needed to complete your Nightsister team and add a separatist to your collection for unlocking Padme (but you're on your own with that one).


Things to Add:

- Hard Nodes (and Guild Store) are the absolute slowest farms in the game. While this guide is put into phases, by no means will you be unlocking and completing these toons at the same time. Hard Nodes will take SO much longer than anywhere else you might be farming. In the same way, Galactic War currency flows (most of the time). These farms will most likely be your fastest farms.

- As you might have noticed, I did not make a guide for ships. This is because there are not many resources out there for finding info on ships, but also because I do not feel super confident in my knowledge of ships (unlike toons). This doesn't mean that ships are any less important than Squad Arena. The main purpose of ships is to net extra crystals every day and to get Zeta mats. So don't slack off on ships!



Quick Summary and Order of Farming:

Cantina Battles: Hera/Ezra > TFP/KRU > Old Ben > KotOR > Farmboy Luke > KRU/Kylo Ren/FOE > Canderous/Chirpa/Finn/Vets

Cantina Battle Store: Chopper > Boba Fett > FOO > Ships/Etc

Hard Nodes: Sabine (5*) > KotOR > Bastila (Fallen)/Juhani > Bossk > Jango/First Order Tie Pilot/Ewoks/Etc

Squad Arena Store: Kanan > Tarkin > ST Han/Princess Leia > HK > IG-88 > Ackbar/Asajj

Galactic War Store: Zeb > Biggs > Cad Bane > Ships/K2SO/Magma/Phasma

Guild Store: Jyn/Scav. Rey > Dengar > Ewoks/Etc



And that's all there is to it! I hope this is helpful to y'all in need of some help. I am actually currently following this guide, so any advice from players with more experience is more than welcome! Please let me know if there is anything you think I missed or anything that might need to be taken out! Thanks for taking the time to read my guide! Cheers!
Post edited by KillerSwan13 on

Replies

  • Excellent info. Creating a new character just to see how well this guide helps new players
  • I would change 1 thing, start farming vet han and chewie right away so you can get jtr, I am a day 1 player and didnt know they're importance, I'm still grinding them out
  • Jbnf
    45 posts Member
    For Guild Store, I would also note the importance of Logray shards as that is the only reliable place to get them, with him being a very important toon for both the Ewok team in general and also specifically for getting 3P0.
  • Noxist wrote: »
    Excellent info. Creating a new character just to see how well this guide helps new players

    Thanks! Good luck!
  • Docshady77 wrote: »
    I would change 1 thing, start farming vet han and chewie right away so you can get jtr, I am a day 1 player and didnt know they're importance, I'm still grinding them out

    The reason I put them later in the guide is because they are later Cantina nodes and long grinds and while JTR is a beast she is not nearly as urgent as some of the top meta toons. Also, if you are using this guide all the toons on the team required to get JTR you don't get until much later.
  • Jbnf wrote: »
    For Guild Store, I would also note the importance of Logray shards as that is the only reliable place to get them, with him being a very important toon for both the Ewok team in general and also specifically for getting 3P0.

    Thanks for the advice! When I put ewoks in Phase III he was mostly who I was referring to. But I will definitely change it to be more specific!
  • Great list, nicely done
  • I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!
  • Morambar wrote: »
    Great list, nicely done

    Thanks!
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.
  • Jack1210
    180 posts Member
    edited August 16
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.

    With my alt i started in April, I'm actually farming Jango currently (I'm at level 80). For the most part I agree with your guide, I've made some alterations. For one I decided to go Ackbar early in squad store, he was my first 7* there because I'm running a rebel fleet with Phoenix, Biggs, KRU, and wiggs soon. Back to Jango, though, I want to get Bounties up somewhat soon, I think they're going to be my dark side fleet to work my way up the ship ability mat challenges. I also want the Hound's Tooth ready to go when I can finally farm Bossk.
    The fleet part of your guide is going to be interesting, since you can really go a few routes with it. With my rebel fleet I've been focusing on them in GW store, waiting for biggs ship and getting biggs, and using my fleet store resources on any of biggs, wedge, phoneix ships or the corresponding pilot.

    Here's my swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/ , I'm curious to see if I missed something you would deem very important.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.

    With my alt i started in April, I'm actually farming Jango currently (I'm at level 80). For the most part I agree with your guide, I've made some alterations. For one I decided to go Ackbar early in squad store, he was my first 7* there because I'm running a rebel fleet with Phoenix, Biggs, KRU, and wiggs soon. Back to Jango, though, I want to get Bounties up somewhat soon, I think they're going to be my dark side fleet to work my way up the ship ability mat challenges. I also want the Hound's Tooth ready to go when I can finally farm Bossk.
    The fleet part of your guide is going to be interesting, since you can really go a few routes with it. With my rebel fleet I've been focusing on them in GW store, waiting for biggs ship and getting biggs, and using my fleet store resources on any of biggs, wedge, phoneix ships or the corresponding pilot.

    Here's my swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/ , I'm curious to see if I missed something you would deem very important.

    Zaal/Mission/t3. Zaal especially, since he is a hard node farm, you should be working on him. Mission and T3 are cantina farms, but at 12 and 16 energy, can be annoying, painful, and long slogs. Unlocking Jkr should be your primary focus at this point. But overall I like your collection.
  • Thank you for the guide my brother just started playing I'll show this to him
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.

    With my alt i started in April, I'm actually farming Jango currently (I'm at level 80). For the most part I agree with your guide, I've made some alterations. For one I decided to go Ackbar early in squad store, he was my first 7* there because I'm running a rebel fleet with Phoenix, Biggs, KRU, and wiggs soon. Back to Jango, though, I want to get Bounties up somewhat soon, I think they're going to be my dark side fleet to work my way up the ship ability mat challenges. I also want the Hound's Tooth ready to go when I can finally farm Bossk.
    The fleet part of your guide is going to be interesting, since you can really go a few routes with it. With my rebel fleet I've been focusing on them in GW store, waiting for biggs ship and getting biggs, and using my fleet store resources on any of biggs, wedge, phoneix ships or the corresponding pilot.

    Here's my swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/ , I'm curious to see if I missed something you would deem very important.

    Jango: OK that is super hepful. What path did you take for Hard Nodes? I'm assuming you started with KotOR pretty early (which was a good idea)? Also I agree with drjojo that you should get going on the rest of the toons need for JKR becasue he will be so good for you since you already have a good Jedi team built.

    Ackbar: The reason I decided to not put him until later was because Tarkin is an great and easy toon to farm for your Empire squad that also comes with a great Capital Ship. I have thought putting him earlier considering how important his capital ship is though.

    My thinking for ships was to utilize what you already will have with Phoenix and your Empire squad and then go from there to build your early fleet. You have Tarking, Vader, TFP (and KRU if you choose to do so), plus I put Biggs and Boba Fett early because their ships are so good. What do you think?
  • KillerSwan13
    94 posts Member
    edited August 17
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Thank you for the guide my brother just started playing I'll show this to him

    Go for it! Super excited I can be of help!
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.

    With my alt i started in April, I'm actually farming Jango currently (I'm at level 80). For the most part I agree with your guide, I've made some alterations. For one I decided to go Ackbar early in squad store, he was my first 7* there because I'm running a rebel fleet with Phoenix, Biggs, KRU, and wiggs soon. Back to Jango, though, I want to get Bounties up somewhat soon, I think they're going to be my dark side fleet to work my way up the ship ability mat challenges. I also want the Hound's Tooth ready to go when I can finally farm Bossk.
    The fleet part of your guide is going to be interesting, since you can really go a few routes with it. With my rebel fleet I've been focusing on them in GW store, waiting for biggs ship and getting biggs, and using my fleet store resources on any of biggs, wedge, phoneix ships or the corresponding pilot.

    Here's my swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/ , I'm curious to see if I missed something you would deem very important.

    Zaal/Mission/t3. Zaal especially, since he is a hard node farm, you should be working on him. Mission and T3 are cantina farms, but at 12 and 16 energy, can be annoying, painful, and long slogs. Unlocking Jkr should be your primary focus at this point. But overall I like your collection.

    Ya I'm working on zaalbar and I'll be moving to mission and t3 as soon as I finish hera, should be any day now. I remember hating the mission farm on my main haha.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    I disagree with your guide, and think the newer pillars system is a stronger guide, but

    You lost me in the beginning when you recommended jyn. Jyn is a luxury character that has no real use. Also, using that currency on Rey is meh. Dengar and Logray are your only two must haves from guild currency so should be priority 1 and 2.

    I think going to Phoenix first is probably still ideal, the importance and dominance of JKR and his usefulness everywhere in the game makes him the first legendary to farm for, so prioritizing KOTOR over old Ben in cantina, especially since there are several kotors, and probably by the time you have t3 7* then you can move on to mission.

    Your entire guide doesn't discuss the fleet table. Lots of value in the fleet table, including speeding up Kotor, Enfys Nest

    GG and sep droids are very important to the game, as one of the best teams and a way to get Padme. Padme and GG are top 10 character in the game. I'd prioritize them over JTR. jtr and resistence will be more important in 6 months, but right now they are arguably not worth the effort. But her value to raids with C3P0 is great. But I'd say fleet currency #1 priority is to buy GG shards.

    Geo's also super important...

    The game is growing so much with the explosion of legendary and heros since chewy (chewy, jkr, 3p0, falcon, Dr, Malak, Padme in the last 11 months) and your guide still harps on the older ones more than newer ones.

    B- overall though

    Well I have put a lot of thought into that pillar guide and honesty I don't understand a lot of elements with it and while I do agree that it is a good guide I feel like I disagreed with enough of it that I wanted to make my own. One example is starting Hard Nodes with Range Trooper??

    Guild Store for me really was a toss-up and I am really glad you gave you input on this. I was unsure because I have heard really good things about Jyn and Scavenger Rey when it comes to raids, but even now I definitely am leaning towards starting to farm Dengar. The thing is though is that right now with being pretty active and being in a good guild I have so much excess Guild currency that I just buy Jyn, Rey, Dengar, and both ewoks whenever they pop up (so I can't really think clearly when it comes to this store). Thanks so much for the advice though because it was genuinely helpful.

    I definitely put a lot of consideration into putting KotOR earlier. The reason I ended up not doing that was because while farming Phoenix you will aquire two jedi. While farming the KotOR toons from Hard Nodes (which I put early on purpose) you will aquire two more. And by the time you finish maxing those THREE toons that you need from Hard Nodes to even consider getting JKR you will be well through Old Ben and be on to Mission and T3. (PLEASE correct me if this doesn't line up like I'm thinking it will!)

    Fleet table I admit isn't part of my guide (yet!) because I haven't gotten to do much research on it yet. I will DEFINITELY be updating this in the near future to incorporate this and ships.

    As for the Separatists, I feel like they are such a late-game team with GG being a hard farm and Droideka such a late Hard Node. On top of that B2 and IG-100 (if that's what you wanna use) are just more to add to the already insanely long list of people to farm from Cantina Battles. There are a couple easy Seps that you can get but GG is pretty much necessary from what I've heard. With that being said, I could absolutely put Seps as a bigger priority in Cantina Battles but it would be putting other important things on hold. What's your advice?

    Lastly, with my guide seeming outdated, I can understand why it looks that way because I modeled after a few older guides while trying my best to make it as relevant as possible. What specific suggestions do you have to make it a more relevant and helpful guide? (I ask this not only because I want to help the community but also because this is my own long-term plan and I would like to take as best a path to the top as I can)

    Thanks again for all the input and I hope to hear more advice from you in the future! Cheers!

    Yeah,his guide isn't perfect. Range trooper is an early and good toon, but I agree not a priority, but the

    Guild store is tough cause it's not constant, so farming a few at a time is fine, and Jyn is exclusive to Guild store and probably took me forever to get, but isn't as important. I don't have a real use for her ever, and never did. Scavy Rey isn't a key part to the resistance team for raids, so isn't really worth the effort here. she is needed for Jedi Rey, but again, it's hard to justify the time into Jedi Rey compared to the other hero's journeys, so for now she falls to the wayside. I'm glad I started when I did, because I finished my jtr farm right as the game pivoted to a million legendary/hero events. Rex would be my #3 character to get from Guild store (I think he shows up there) because clones are becoming important,and he is a great all around leader,and he is also a difficult farm. Going along with the imp troopers importance, warrior has Starck as his #1 farm from guild store.

    Bounty Hunters are so important for credit heist and chewy that you should always have 450 tokens to but Dengar if available. C3P0 is a great toon and logray is the Dengar of the event, not a requirement but makes event so easy.

    Speaking of bh, I like Greedo more than Ig88, but since Ig88 has a ship and his ship is need for the current meta ship, I can't argue too much against Ig88, but both/either should be earlier in the arena currency store. Cad Bane is also probably a priority over Biggs. I love me some Wiggs action, but that was important like 2 years ago, and bossk is the better tank. I'd also start working on the Jango/hounds tooth node as soon as you can, and bossk, jango (cad til you have jango), boba, Dengar, Greedo/Ig88 is a formitable bh squad that will 7* the chewy event if geared and modded appropriately.

    GG, if you make your #1 priority from fleet store isn't a horribly hard farm, goes about the speed of Dengar/Logray. Nute Gunray works really well under him, b2 and magnagard are annoying farms but you also get often enough from bronziums that you can at least unlock them early, and B1 can be an early priority in fleet table. This is generally a cheap team to get and when properly done, is one of the top 4 teams in the game right now.

    The Kotor vs Phoenix/old Ben vs Kotor in cantina, I haven't gone thru, haven't done the math or timing to know if you will be able to finish old Ben before even getting to mission/t3. Old Ben can be your filler farm but as soon as you can unlock t3 and mission, I'd place old Ben on hold and focus on them. If that means you get Ben to 5* then so be it, that a) helps you unlock Yoda and b) you will eventually need him 7* so it's not wasted time at all.

    I didn't mention this before, but I also think your early priority of first order is misplaced. They really serve one main function right now, which is unlocking bb8, and you can do that with a fairly weak fo team. Kru node is such a good value, he's an annoying character and you get his ship which is a decent ship, but idk if he should be prioritized that high in cantina.

    Guild Store: Yeah you've changed my mind I'm gonna change it. Dengar > Logray > Rex > Rey > Jyn?

    Bounty Hunters: Yeah IG88's ship is the reason I put him first. The reason I put Biggs before Cad Bane is because of his ship as well, and because switching them will only add like a week or two because Galactic War is such a fast farm. Since I'm not that far along in the game currently, when would you estimate in relation with this guide that a player could start farming Jango?

    For me at least I usually have enought Fleet currency to buy 2 or 3 shipments every day, so I usually buy Vader, GG, and any good ships that come through. I am planning on putting fleet shipments in the guide soon.

    I agree with the Old Ben thing. I will add that in there.

    With my alt i started in April, I'm actually farming Jango currently (I'm at level 80). For the most part I agree with your guide, I've made some alterations. For one I decided to go Ackbar early in squad store, he was my first 7* there because I'm running a rebel fleet with Phoenix, Biggs, KRU, and wiggs soon. Back to Jango, though, I want to get Bounties up somewhat soon, I think they're going to be my dark side fleet to work my way up the ship ability mat challenges. I also want the Hound's Tooth ready to go when I can finally farm Bossk.
    The fleet part of your guide is going to be interesting, since you can really go a few routes with it. With my rebel fleet I've been focusing on them in GW store, waiting for biggs ship and getting biggs, and using my fleet store resources on any of biggs, wedge, phoneix ships or the corresponding pilot.

    Here's my swgoh.gg, https://swgoh.gg/p/441457458/ , I'm curious to see if I missed something you would deem very important.

    Jango: OK that is super hepful. What path did you take for Hard Nodes? I'm assuming you started with KotOR pretty early (which was a good idea)? Also I agree with drjojo that you should get going on the rest of the toons need for JKR becasue he will be so good for you since you already have a good Jedi team built.

    Ackbar: The reason I decided to not put him until later was because Tarkin is an great and easy toon to farm for your Empire squad that also comes with a great Capital Ship. I have thought putting him earlier considering how important his capital ship is though.

    My thinking for ships was to utilize what you already will have with Phoenix and your Empire squad and then go from there to build your early fleet. You have Tarking, Vader, TFP (and KRU if you choose to do so), plus I put Biggs and Boba Fett early because their ships are so good. What do you think?

    Ya I'm working on the KoToR toons now, but haven't started Mission or T3 yet. I will after Hera and KRU are 7*. Ya on my main account I just got the Executrix to 7* and I love it, I just decided to go rebel fleet on this one. For hard nodes I started with unlocking sabine and then got on Bastila and Jolee Asap, adding in bastila's fleet node when i was able to get there.Then I jumped on Zaalbar when i had extra energy and recently added Jango/HT (trying to do 1 refresh when possible). Once I got Bastila to 7* I moved my fleet energy to carth, refreshing each day and using any extra on young lando and his ship. Cantina I alternated with Hera and Ezra to get them to 5* for the last thrawn event, then got Old ben to 5*, then KRU to 5*, Ben to 7*, KRU to 6*, and am just finishing hera to 7*.
Sign In or Register to comment.