malak event

Out of curiosity what could you guys possibly benefit by making me have both Darth Revan and Jedi Knight Revan. I have the Light Side characters to beat him today and get that part out of the way. It gives me something to work on and look forward to doing. I know I'm the only person that thinks this but I think it would be a better event if you could be able to clear one side or the other if you have the corresponding characters instead of both being required to even enter it.

Replies

• It's the hardest single event in the game to earn hands down the best tank in the game for free. It should be really hard and require a lot in your roster.
  • i get that man. but i dont understand why i need dr to attempt the ls version. im not mad it just seems like **** poor design. Think about CLS and his journey. You could attempt everything you had to work on unlocking him you can't even try Light Side unless you have dark side Darth Revan
  • Zynkin
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    you are probably better off not being able to attempt the LS squad, if you saw how absurd it is, you might quit the game. Note I didnt say "hard", I said absurd. There really is no such thing as hard in this game, its binary, you either can or you can not, the absurd element is of course the RNG, and the absolutely broken game mechanics that is drain.
  • Zynkin wrote: »
    you are probably better off not being able to attempt the LS squad, if you saw how absurd it is, you might quit the game. Note I didnt say "hard", I said absurd. There really is no such thing as hard in this game, its binary, you either can or you can not, the absurd element is of course the RNG, and the absolutely broken game mechanics that is drain.

But what a rush it is to finally beat absurd.

I would hardly say the event is absurd. I had the benefit of learning how others beat it,but it took me only like 10ish tries to beat it this morning, with minimal mod movement (and some of my mod movement actually hurt me...my mission did better with her 216% CD, 65% CC and 2800 physical damage than she did with 150% CD 45% CC, and 3500 damage despite you not wanting or able to crit malak.... Helped kill the bots/tanks better). Drain is probably more broken in his kit than it is in the event.

By far chewy event was more absurd

I disagree. The event is hard but not due to RNG. There isn't really any RNG involved.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    212Attack wrote: »
    i get that man. but i dont understand why i need dr to attempt the ls version. im not mad it just seems like **** poor design. Think about CLS and his journey. You could attempt everything you had to work on unlocking him you can't even try Light Side unless you have dark side Darth Revan
    This isn’t CLS Journey event. You either have all the requirements and you can participate or you don’t

Deal with it, Pal
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Out of curiosity what could you guys possibly benefit by making me have both Darth Revan and Jedi Knight Revan. I have the Light Side characters to beat him today and get that part out of the way. It gives me something to work on and look forward to doing. I know I'm the only person that thinks this but I think it would be a better event if you could be able to clear one side or the other if you have the corresponding characters instead of both being required to even enter it.

TRANSLATION: "I'm not ready even though the event requirements have been known for months and instead of admitting I'm simply not ready I'm going to tout this as a fairness issue"

I disagree. The event is hard but not due to RNG. There isn't really any RNG involved.

For me the RNG part came at the end, After getting all of the armor shreds stacked up, and the tanks defeated, who malak drained made a big difference, as well as the dmg RNG, you can easily get stuck in a loop where you hit him to yellow, he drains to get back to green, you hit him back to yellow, he drains again, back to back to back drains. If I waste G13's on JKR I am sure I could of hit hard enough to prevent this, but, at g12 it is a pain. Anywho, I won, but it wasnt an enjoyable experience.

As for the chewbacca references, I just used the pilot BH, and let the game autobattle while I did other things, just clicking to restart the battle, autobattle again, didnt take that long for the RNG to come out right. BB8 and JTR were harder because I underdogged them waaaaaay more than chewie, but here for malak, even with the right toons, g12 and all but 1 zeta, arena mods, and right strategy, you have to manually fight a 10 minute battle over and over again :/

• I have always lurked the forums, but never actually posted until now. Now, while I agree, that it is quite odd/strange/insert your own word here, that the event requires you to have BOTH sides fully ready, to even participate in the event, there is a "spirit of the event" that is in play here. This is a new/different/exciting/absurd event, that is built around the fact of its absurdity. It is SUPPOSE to be the event to end all events, that is how it was created. This "new" type of event is meant to have us on our heels, digging in the trenches. Is it for the whales? I don't think so, honestly. Alot of the new content we get, can be done by anyone, dedicated enough to dig in and try. Yes, whales get an advantage, in the fact they just buy it outright, and take out the work. But in my honest opinion, I find it more satisfying, to work for it. And yes, I have bought/spent money on this game. I'm not just saying that, because I am a F2P, and trying to justify work. Have I finished it? Far from it. Do I care? Yes, I do, but not In a sense that I am complaining. I see it as a goal to work for, not a race.
    TL;DR: It is hard, it isn't fair, but it was created that way to be challenging. Dig in and have fun with it, in the end, it's a game. Also cake.
  • I think my problem is the lack of opportunity to get the revans before the event that requires them pops up. Been waiting for a few months for darth revan to come back, a bit salty that the malak shows up and I’ll have to wait another 8-12 months to even attempt it again yaknow
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    i get that man. but i dont understand why i need dr to attempt the ls version. im not mad it just seems like **** poor design. Think about CLS and his journey. You could attempt everything you had to work on unlocking him you can't even try Light Side unless you have dark side Darth Revan
    This isn’t CLS Journey event. You either have all the requirements and you can participate or you don’t

Deal with it, Pal

Thank for letting us know, Captain Obvious.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Zynkin wrote: »

Uh, that's the exact reason we should be able to at least try the ls half. I'd rather spend the next 2 days trying to beat half and learning what I need to improve on then do both sides at once in 6 months.
  • Ephran wrote: »

Uh, that's the exact reason we should be able to at least try the ls half. I'd rather spend the next 2 days trying to beat half and learning what I need to improve on then do both sides at once in 6 months.

Lightside is the only challenging one. Darkside is pretty much just faceroll your way to victory.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

Lightside is the only challenging one. Darkside is pretty much just faceroll your way to victory.

Which is why we'd absolutely not be "better off" not being allowed to attempt.
  • Okay let me clarify something since apparently fairness is posted all over my post. I do not give a darn if I unlock him today or not I just wanted clarification on why you needed both of them to attempt one side or the other. There is no post hear about this game being fair me being **** off about not getting what everybody else has. I do not want to be a part of a meta that is going to be worse than Jedi Knight Revan ever was
  • I guess if I wanted to I could go on a power creep post. It explained to the rest of you that Darth Malak is the worst thing to ever happen to this game. But that would do nothing but start arguments and there's no reason for that
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    LightYgmi wrote: »
    I think my problem is the lack of opportunity to get the revans before the event that requires them pops up. Been waiting for a few months for darth revan to come back, a bit salty that the malak shows up and I’ll have to wait another 8-12 months to even attempt it again yaknow

Darth Revan already came back a month ago.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    LightYgmi wrote: »
    I think my problem is the lack of opportunity to get the revans before the event that requires them pops up. Been waiting for a few months for darth revan to come back, a bit salty that the malak shows up and I’ll have to wait another 8-12 months to even attempt it again yaknow

Darth Revan already came back a month ago.

Two months ago* but the point stands.

This is just factually untrue. I absolutely won this event by learning the mechanics and adapting my strategy to those mechanics. My Mission and Zaalbar are both minimally geared for the event.

The light side is hard, but it's not absurd unless you don't understand and master the mechanics

For me the RNG part came at the end, After getting all of the armor shreds stacked up, and the tanks defeated, who malak drained made a big difference, as well as the dmg RNG, you can easily get stuck in a loop where you hit him to yellow, he drains to get back to green, you hit him back to yellow, he drains again, back to back to back drains. If I waste G13's on JKR I am sure I could of hit hard enough to prevent this, but, at g12 it is a pain. Anywho, I won, but it wasnt an enjoyable experience.

As for the chewbacca references, I just used the pilot BH, and let the game autobattle while I did other things, just clicking to restart the battle, autobattle again, didnt take that long for the RNG to come out right. BB8 and JTR were harder because I underdogged them waaaaaay more than chewie, but here for malak, even with the right toons, g12 and all but 1 zeta, arena mods, and right strategy, you have to manually fight a 10 minute battle over and over again :/

No offense, but this sounds like you were doing something that ignored a relevant mechanic.

Unfortunately there are a bunch of interlocking mechanics in this event, so it's hard to diagnose without knowing exactly which approach you took.

But, as someone who encountered precisely the problem your describing, multiple times, with multiple different strategies, I can tell you that I did end up succeeding fairly comfortably once i hit on the strategy that I used.
  • It's only going to get easier with G13 and whatever the new thing is.