Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kit Idea

ElijahSkywalker9
24 posts Member
edited October 2019
Back in one of my earlier Jedi Knight Anakin rework ideas, I also posted an idea for what the Episode 3 variant of Obi-Wan Kenobi might look like (I call him Jedi Master Obi-Wan rather than Master Kenobi as to not confuse him with the already existing General Kenobi). It was premature, merely another Tank. Nobody wants another one of those; we already have the other variants as Tanks as well!
In my most recent kit idea, Darth Sidious, one of the comments contained a kit idea that involved Stance shifting, a more extreme version of Luke Skywalker’s Call to Action. I took a long time to think it over, and I thought that perhaps Obi-Wan might be suitable for that kind a gameplay. So here is my latest idea for Obi-Wan Kenobi, who will also synergize extremely well with Jedi Knight Anakin.
Jedi Master Obi-Wan

Light Side, Jedi, Galactic Republic, All-Around

Elegant Jedi Master who surprises his enemies by changing stances.

Basic: Disciplined Strokes

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy.
Ataru: Gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.
Soresu: Gain Foresight for 2 turns.
Shii-Cho: Gain Protection Up (10%) for 2 turns.

Special 1: Coordinated Approach (cooldown: 6)

Deal Physical Damage to target enemy.
Ataru: Call target ally and Jedi Knight Anakin to assist, dealing 25% more damage.
Soresu: Dispel all debuffs on target ally and Jedi Knight Anakin, and they recover 25% Health.
Shii-Cho: Target ally and Jedi Knight Anakin gain Protection Up (20%) and Stealth for 2 turns.

Special 2: Masterful Mind Trick (cooldown: 8)

Inflict Daze on all enemies for 2 turns and Ability Block on all enemies for 1 turn.
Ataru: Inflict Defense Down and Expose on all enemies for 2 turns.
Soresu: Inflict Offense Down and Critical Damage Down for 2 turns.
Shii-Cho: Inflict Blind on all enemies for 2 turns; when these Blinds expire, inflict Accuracy Down for 2 turns. Obi-Wan Taunts for 2 turns.
This attack can’t be Evaded, and Separatists can’t resist these effects.

Special 3: Alligned Focus (cooldown: 2) (ZETA)

Dispel all debuffs on Obi-Wan, and he recovers 20% Health and Protection. Select one of 3 Stances, then Obi-Wan takes a bonus turn.
Ataru: Gain Offense Up and Potency Up for 2 turns.
Soresu: Gain Tenacity Up and Foresight for 2 turns.
Shii-Cho: Gain Taunt, Health Up, and Retribution for 2 turns.

Unique: Hello There! (ZETA)

At the start of the encounter, Obi-Wan takes a bonus turn in which he can only use Aligned Focus. If Jedi Knight Anakin is an ally, they both gain bonuses based on Obi-Wan’s active Stance.
Ataru: +25% Defense Penetration and Critical Chance, doubled against Separatists.
Soresu: +25% Critical Avoidance and +50% Defense, doubled against Separatists.
Shii-Cho: +25% Counter Chance, doubled against Separatists, and +30% Max Health.
Obi-Wan is immune to enemy dispels and takes a bonus turn whenever another Galactic Republic ally falls below 50% Health.
There you have it. He’s not a normal Tank, but rather an All-Around character who can change his Stance to fit a certain situation. Ataru is the Attacker Stance, Soresu is the Support Stance, and Shii-Cho is the Tank Stance. As always, I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope Capital Games is looking at this.
Post edited by ElijahSkywalker9 on

Replies

• Options
    This is definitely unique! Me like!
  • Options
    Also another unique that gives the Great Man bonuses against the Sith and Empire, for instance can't be evaded, countered and resisted, also immunity to certain debuffs from the Dark Side (Sith, Empire, Separatist). Could be named only A Sith deals in absolutes or I will do what I must
  • Options
    Overall I quite like the idea. However, Obi-wan never used Shien (form 5). And I mean never. So it is strange to see that there. If you want 3 forms, that is no problem. A quote from the wiki:
    While Kenobi displayed a strong preference for Soresu, he continued to apply elements of the relentlessly dogged Form I as well as the erratic strokes and acrobatics of Ataru.
    So obi uses forms 1 (Shii-Cho), 3 (Soresu) and 4 (Ataru).

Also, Soresu is a defensive style, where as Shien is more offensive in nature (thou not as offensive as Ataru). I feel like in this kit you keep switching Soresu and Shien up (except the unique) Then again, seeing as Shen shouldn't be here at all maybe that doesn't matter all to much.

Last thing that bothers me are the cooldowns. They are so short that he will pretty much never use his basic ability unless he is called to assist or has ability block on him. That just bothers me.

I'm not entirely sure what feedback to give (yet). But these are the things I've noticed in your kit idea. I do really like the switching stances concept thou. I'll definitely keep thinking about it.
  • Options
    Gald to see you used the stance idea! I like it!
  • Options
    My apologies. I was trying to figure out which form of lightsaber combat sounded the Tankiest, while I didn’t actually research Obi-Wan’s fighting styles. But you gotta hand it to me, I got the other two right, right?

Also, I doubled the cooldowns of Obi-Wan’s other abilities, but also removed the zeta requirement for the bonus turn in Aligned Focus. In other ability tiers, this would be a gain of turn meter, but at ability level 7 and beyond, it’s a bonus turn.
  • Options
    My apologies. I was trying to figure out which form of lightsaber combat sounded the Tankiest, while I didn’t actually research Obi-Wan’s fighting styles. But you gotta hand it to me, I got the other two right, right?.
    I find it ironic that while, searching for the tankiest sounding lightsaber style, you chose form 5. Which is a fairy aggressive lightsaber form. For reference Anakin used form 5. (thou I believe he used the 2nd variant (Djem So) instead of the 1st (Shien)). I still recommend you just type "7 lightsaber forms" on youtube. You'll get tons of explanation video's. You'll also learn that the most defensive stance out of all 7 is form 3 (Soresu). So that one really should be the tank stance. Additionally, form 1 (Shii-Cho) is a fairy basic style. Making it quite good for a support role.
    Also, I doubled the cooldowns of Obi-Wan’s other abilities, but also removed the zeta requirement for the bonus turn in Aligned Focus. In other ability tiers, this would be a gain of turn meter, but at ability level 7 and beyond, it’s a bonus turn.
    The problem with aligned focus having a cooldown of 2 is the bonus turn. You switch your stance, take the bonus turn and then switch again on your next turn. That is a bit too quickly. So quickly in fact that it actually works against all 2 turn buffs. They might as well be 1 turn because they will immediately expire after the bonus turn. I really think it should be a cooldown of 3 or 4 (in return you can increase the healing a bit).
    The ability cooldowns are a bit to much right now thou. I mean, Masterfull Mind trick has the same cooldown as Annihilate from nihilus right now. And it's effect clearly doesn't tack up to that. Increasing the cooldown of aligned focus to 3 and the cooldowns of the other 2 to either 5/6 or 4/5 will be more than enough. If you increase the cooldown of aligned focus to 4 you can do all 3 ability's at a cooldown of 4. So they are all used in 1 rotation of aligned focus. But I do realize the switching might be a tad to slow that way so it's gonna take some thought about which is better. It comes down to your preference.
    A final problem I noticed is a rare situation but a serious one nonetheless. Imagine this scenario: Enemy team has Han Solo in it. He targets and stuns Jedi master obi-wan before he can take his bonus turn. What then? At that moment he won't be able to take his bonus turn and wont be in any of the stances! You can imagine how this could be a problem. I think it's better to have him take a stance at the start of battle and have Aligned Focus start on cooldown. That would also make the healing zeta much more important/effective. (thou here is also the 4 cooldown is too much argument for). I think Soresu is the best one to start in, as that is his basic and most used stance. You can also add in some bonuses to make up the lost of the bonus turn. Like a pre taunt (since soresu is so defensively focused) or something like the unique of Cassian Andor. I'm just throwing idea's around right now thou. Still you need to think of something for the situation I described above.
    Still like the idea. My apologies that this post ended up being so long, but I did say I would keep thinking about it.